Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

Good day growers , so another auto plant that proves topping an auto at the correct time,does not slow growth in anyway or effect yield.to me makes a far better plant;) here is mephisto genetics hubbabubbasmelloscope, 63 days old today.was topped at day 18 of life then left to grow.this has given me about 7 main dominant colas and this plant has pushed out loads of side branching.biggest mephisto plant i have personally come across so far;) she is a wild beauty,still budding strong and buds are solid so a very good sign;) some lovely colours from this plant naturally,my temps sit peach at 29 to 31 c at the moment so it aint chilly lol;)
_20170326_114643.JPG
_20170326_114702.JPG
_20170326_114730.JPG
_20170326_114753.JPG
_20170326_114809.JPG
_20170326_114838.JPG
_20170326_114936.JPG
happy growing every1;)

Beast:

Great looking plant! Have you ever tried scrog on a topped auto with side branching like that one? It seems like the side buds could be coaxed into getting larger if the light was more available to them? Those main colas are awesome and maybe they are like that because you didn't scrog? What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Man thanks mate.i normally top then lst.but this run tent was cramped so no room to train out.i agree the side branches could of easily been made into dominant colas with some lst.but the other mains would of been this size anyway as thats what happens when u top an auto each branch below the cut then becomes a dominant branch;) iv never scrogged any plant no need.u can achive a great even canopy of huge colas just using lst;) happy growing;)

Hope hi and welcome.i didnt get any pics of dry bud shots of the buds of widow as went to a mate to make oil;) but there was only 10 grams between each plant.they were both small phenos something iv never seen from dutch passion genetics.some bigger phenos are needed for a true topped vs untopped grow;) ,but some great smoke was a great high.got 1 and a half oz of each plant of the widows so 3 oz ,not bad.and just weighed blackberry auto another 3 oz.so happy with that.budshots be uploaded tmz of blackberry;), so 6 oz so far from my 6 plant grow .and got 3 plants to pull down in next 10 days ,so gna be a great overall yield;) happy growing;)

Last edited:
Back