Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

Hi ho there @autobeast Good to see you chiming in. I took this picture of a leaf I trimmed the other day off a Dinafem OG Cookies Photoperiod plant. At first I put it on a regular 8.5" x 11" piece of paper then put that on top of a 12" x 18" placemat. See the plants in my Cookies and Cookies journal.

DSC02390.JPG

I tip my hat to you sir. Grown photos for years but new to autos. I was under the impression that topping and heavy defoliation was bad cause it could stunt em. Clearly that is not the case. Show me the way oh wise one!!. Is it the same deal as topping photo? Wait till the 3rd set of multiple leaves? What are your thoughts on lolypoping?
If you top using your finger and defoliating the same way using fingers and techniques rather than scissors, it's very easy on the plant, and also for you...learn it and you will not touch scissors anymore for topping and defoliation...
8f0d7d16.gif

Funny you should say that. Cause I've grown outdoor for years and have found that using your finger to de foliate and lollipop and I guess straight up manicure seems to be more natural to the plant than scissors. It may just me stoned ass me butseems like the plants recover faster with the rougher break than the clean cut. This is 100% just my opinion lol no facts on this haha

i
If you top using your finger and defoliating the same way using fingers and techniques rather than scissors, it's very easy on the plant, and also for you...learn it and you will not touch scissors anymore for topping and defoliation...
View attachment 1074076
i always use scissors mate. but always make sure there clean. never does my plants no harm. does my plants very well. happy growing;)

I feel compelled to weigh in on the using fingers to top and defoliate debate... I think @autobeast was way too polite. As far as the actual topping and defoliating goes, to say that it's more natural, or that it's better for the plants to use your hands is obvious unmitigated rubbish. And it is insulting to have to explain why because it's so obvious.

Nothing beats a good pair of scissors and the best pair for this job is the Fiskars Floral Snip they are sharp and pointy with excellent leverage and comfort. For general defoliating I'll use my fingernails because there's just too many leaves, but when it comes to topping or branch snipping or getting into tight spots, then scissors are the way to go. And if the plant 'likes' anything, it like a cut that is less prone to infection.

I feel compelled to weigh in on the using fingers to top and defoliate debate... I think @autobeast was way too polite. As far as the actual topping and defoliating goes, to say that it's more natural, or that it's better for the plants to use your hands is obvious unmitigated rubbish. And it is insulting to have to explain why because it's so obvious.

Nothing beats a good pair of scissors and the best pair for this job is the Fiskars Floral Snip they are sharp and pointy with excellent leverage and comfort. For general defoliating I'll use my fingernails because there's just too many leaves, but when it comes to topping or branch snipping or getting into tight spots, then scissors are the way to go. And if the plant 'likes' anything, it like a cut that is less prone to infection.
The "clean" cut of a pair of scissors will remain open longer than the crushing pinch of fingers and nails thus exposing the plant to a longer vulnerable position. In either case the most important aspect is to have clean hands or tools. I have used both methods and do not see any difference in plant response.

You can find a good deal of misinformation touted as gospel when it comes to this plant. Then newbies find out the hard way. I know cause I am one.

Personally I don't get the "it's more natural" to finger crop. If I had to lose a finger, I'd rather one clean cut then someone ripping it of with a pair of vise grips. lol. As others have said, I haven't seen a difference either way with weed or house plants. Personally prefer scissors as I can get into small tight spaces with them.

A true hippie would chew the stems off themselves, or better yet use a hand sized gerbil, like an organic whipper snipper.

@Mañ'O'Green, what you said doesn't quite make sense because even if it were true that the pinching of the ends together is a good thing it would still be better to make a clean cut and then pinch it. This is not to say that there's anything wrong with using ones fingers, I do it all the time, but I just do it out of laziness and with something like this I have no choice. hectic.jpg

Here's my current Orange bud at 3 weeks,tear.jpg I got lazy and used my nail to top and you can see that I tore a bit of the outer part of the stem. It was OK but that's what happens, that's what happens man...

Back