Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

You can find a good deal of misinformation touted as gospel when it comes to this plant. Then newbies find out the hard way. I know cause I am one.
I think a lot of that is the book writers and Youtube millionaire's need to come up with "new" content to make themselves relevant.

good day growers, hope all is well. my new setup and autos are doing great. so crystal candy autos and big bud autos really pushing on now. jungle is getting there now. all plants in top health and been trouble free so far. on the left on the tent is 3 crystal candys. easy to see the runt. the other 2 are 1 topped, 1 untopped. there both growing fast and have a great big structure. and will get bigger still. in veg mode. other right side of the tent 6 ladies, some girls are making the flip. there is another candy that side aswell with also a promising big structure. also topped.cnt see her in pics. cause is getting abit hectic.should be good to compare hps bud and led nugs, hell yea. well. here some pics;)
_20190718_191705.JPG
_20190718_191726.JPG
_20190718_191819.JPG
_20190718_191835.JPG
_20190718_191934.JPG
happy growing every1 ;)

Here's my first and last attempt at not topping an auto. I have had to go in three times now and cut out massive amounts of branches just to stop this becoming a frikken hedge. I've got more of these seeds so I'll be able to see how different it is when topped. I'm not enjoying my not topping experience.

IMG_6586.jpg
IMG_6589.jpg

Here's my first and last attempt at not topping an auto. I have had to go in three times now and cut out massive amounts of branches just to stop this becoming a frikken hedge. I've got more of these seeds so I'll be able to see how different it is when topped. I'm not enjoying my not topping experience.

View attachment 1080077 View attachment 1080078
still a beauty mate so all well. happy growing. good job;)

View attachment 1080077 View attachment 1080078

Topping comes with no guarantee to prevent hedges.
I topped an Autoseeds SuckerPunch at the 4th node, and it still grew 5 more feet tall (DWC) and into the lights, even after LST bent the tallest branches down.
The topping scar is completely unnoticeable, hiding deeply within the canopy.
Topping seems to have done nothing for me, and might have done harm.

Topping comes with no guarantee to prevent hedges.
I topped an Autoseeds SuckerPunch at the 4th node, and it still grew 5 more feet tall (DWC) and into the lights, even after LST bent the tallest branches down.
The topping scar is completely unnoticeable, hiding deeply within the canopy.
Topping seems to have done nothing for me, and might have done harm.
topping an auto will create a bush indeed. but brings no harm. to me makes a better plant structure to play with.and fatter buds at harvest. after topping it branches out all on its own. but topping an auto does not effect vertical growth in anway. as u have seen. all strain dependant and genetic how tall an auto will get. happy growing every1 ;)

here is my current auto garden. as u can see there is a very tall plant in there. thats seedstockers bigbud auto. topped and left to grow. i have 3 other seed stockers in there bigbud autos. also topped and left to grow. stayed short and mighty. so as i say, genetics strain and pheno will determine how big ur auto is going to be.topping an auto will not effect vertical growth. lst needs to be applied also to keep her tame and at a good managable height. said this on page 1 of this thread haha. here some pics;)
_20190720_182630.JPG
_20190720_182702.JPG
_20190720_182727.JPG
_20190720_182757.JPG
happy growing every1 ;)

Last edited:
good day growers,so all these plants had a heavy defol and all bottom. growth removed 3 days ago on sunday.. tuesday here in the uk today. crysal candy girls are growing superfast and still in veg mode. so only gna get bigger. bidbud girls are all in flower mode also growing strong. the defol 3 days ago defo did the trick. and shows doesnt effect growth of a healthy auto 1 bit. here some pics;)
_20190723_184433.JPG
_20190723_184447.JPG
_20190723_184504.JPG
_20190723_184524.JPG
_20190723_184553.JPG
happy growing every1 ;)

Back