Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

@autobeast I have not been getting alerts from you for some reason so i thought you were on sabbatical leave again:shrug:.
I have a new member asking about topping and I will be referring him over here.

How have you been? What is in the garden?

@autobeast when it comes to defoliating, is there a priority to which leaves you remove or always want to leave intact. For instance the main large fan leaves, are they something you want to leave to the bitter end, or is there a point where they aren't useful and should be removed. I understand removing leaves for air flow and to allow light to the bud sights, just wondering if there is more strategy to it than that.
Love your work
cheers
os

I used to wonder about stuff like that not long ago. How I laugh at myself now, looking back. If you are certain your roots are in peak condition and by extension that your plant is also in tip top shape, then you can can just about strip every frikken leaf off apart from the ones that are still forming around the top. Seriously you cannot defoliate too much. Some people will tell you to leave the large fan leaves around the outside because they aren't doing any harm so might as well and I can't argue with that. But I strip all them away too these day and my last harvest from ThinkBig was 18 zips so I reckon it did not harm her. Having said that I do not recommend that you do this immediately it's best to build up to it slowly but you can't really overdo it. Go easy until the roots are fully established.

I used to wonder about stuff like that not long ago. How I laugh at myself now, looking back. If you are certain your roots are in peak condition and by extension that your plant is also in tip top shape, then you can can just about strip every frikken leaf off apart from the ones that are still forming around the top. Seriously you cannot defoliate too much. Some people will tell you to leave the large fan leaves around the outside because they aren't doing any harm so might as well and I can't argue with that. But I strip all them away too these day and my last harvest from ThinkBig was 18 zips so I reckon it did not harm her. Having said that I do not recommend that you do this immediately it's best to build up to it slowly but you can't really overdo it. Go easy until the roots are fully established.

Aye, what you say. I'll leave fan leaves on the outside that don't shade any bud sites, but it they do they're goner's without a second thought. My definition of a "fan" leaf is anything 8-10 cm or so. I always seem to have something in my hands when I have been in a tent, it's become some unconscious habit haha

@autobeast I have not been getting alerts from you for some reason so i thought you were on sabbatical leave again:shrug:.
I have a new member asking about topping and I will be referring him over here.

How have you been? What is in the garden?
bro im always active here unless life gets to busy. in the garden i have dinafem baby autos. all to be revealed hope ur good bro and happy growing every 1;)

good day growers hope all is well. so my new setup is proving very good so far. my choice of led lights has been a success so far. viperspectra are giving me some great coverage and penetration to plants. my young babies have no stretch which to me means there very happy. so on the left side of the tent we have 2 dinafem critical jack autos. and on the right hand side we have original sensible seeds, critical diesel autos. all young ones at the moment. oldest is day 10 she is a critical jack auto. well here some pics
_20190505_154759.JPG
_20190505_154812.JPG
_20190505_154905.JPG
_20190505_154846.JPG
_20190505_154923.JPG
i have more baby germing also. make the most of the space i have. well thats all for now. happy growing every1;)

Wow.. new set up beast?? Looks class brother.. huge tent.. loadsa space!! Can't wait to watch you fill it up with chunky buds :smoking:

6x4ft is it??

Back