Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

good to see you @autobeast :pass:
thanks alot. great to be here. and great to see all u fine growers. sharing ur work and plants.and all eager to push the autolimits. i have today setup my new setup. as my sponsored light perfectsun goliath has been failing on me for some time and has died on me now. fans run. but no leds light up. can seee about 9 diodes have burned out. . aint even 2 years old. so beware growers of blackdiamond perfectsun lights. they perform outstanding. but dont last long. a shame. but life goes. will share pics and info soon. Happy growing every1 ;)

good day growers,, so here my new setup. 8x4 grow tent.nice big play ground. just bought 2 new lights. viparspectra 450w each, both full spectrum 12 band. il be upgrading these lights as soon as got abit more cash, and in the middle sits my sponsored light, migro 100 cob. the plants u can see have been grown under goliath so these are not results of these lights or setup. i got 4 new projects to top and train. germing at the moment. all to be revealed;)
_20190406_154825.JPG
_20190407_131731.JPG
_20190407_131744.JPG
_20190407_131640.JPG
_20190407_131655.JPG
_20190407_131708.JPG
_20190407_131720.JPG
happy growing every1 ;)

Hey beast.. smashin big tent.. room for lots more beautiful topped ladies :d5: not that you need it but good luck with the new ones buddy :vibes::karmacloud:

good day growers,, so here my new setup. 8x4 grow tent.nice big play ground. just bought 2 new lights. viparspectra 450w each, both full spectrum 12 band. il be upgrading these lights as soon as got abit more cash, and in the middle sits my sponsored light, migro 100 cob. the plants u can see have been grown under goliath so these are not results of these lights or setup. i got 4 new projects to top and train. germing at the moment. all to be revealed;) View attachment 1041060 View attachment 1041061 View attachment 1041062 View attachment 1041064 View attachment 1041065 View attachment 1041066 View attachment 1041067 happy growing every1 ;)

Looking forward to your updates, and thanks for starting this thread. I love it when people dispel myths and change perceptions of what you can and can't do. Plus I've been growing photos for so long I just can't not manipulate my plants to some degree (I understand some auto strains can't be topped, but seems many can).

Btw the Chemdogging that I topped it doing great, she seems to have even bigger buds than the untopped one. I will know more at harvest, although different phenotypes will show different traits, but results are results none the less :thumbsup:

Hi guys i started 9 seedstockers BCN Criticall Xxl Grow in 4gallon smartpots with biobizz Coco/Soil mix has anyone topped criticall xxl or should i just lst and let them grow they Are now 12days old
NUR4Grb.jpg

Sorry for the late reply, I will be starting same strain soonish and topping for sure; I would hazard a guess that most XL strains would do well with topping. I expect to get some very nice, bushy beasts.

Hey beast.. smashin big tent.. room for lots more beautiful topped ladies :d5: not that you need it but good luck with the new ones buddy :vibes::karmacloud:
thanks bro. good to be here. and new tent is defo a big joy. lots of room for some big girls. see how the lights perform. but il he adding more light as soon as possible;) happy growing

Looking forward to your updates, and thanks for starting this thread. I love it when people dispel myths and change perceptions of what you can and can't do. Plus I've been growing photos for so long I just can't not manipulate my plants to some degree (I understand some auto strains can't be topped, but seems many can).

Btw the Chemdogging that I topped it doing great, she seems to have even bigger buds than the untopped one. I will know more at harvest, although different phenotypes will show different traits, but results are results none the less :thumbsup:

Sorry for the late reply, I will be starting same strain soonish and topping for sure; I would hazard a guess that most XL strains would do well with topping. I expect to get some very nice, bushy beasts.
topping vs untopped. topped lady will always produce fatter buds. and every auto can be topped. but genetic and pheno very important. always read ur seed info. all fun and games. and thanks for the kind words. much appreciated. as u say pics and info dont lie. its history;) happy growing every1 ;)

I was reluctant to even take as much as one leaf off the plant because most myths I’ve read say any high stress training will hinder yield.
ill always choose less usable bud over more bud +rot and mildew and the loss of a whole crop because of lack of air circulation due to overly dense foliage... been there done that. fool me once etc etc..doesnt matter what your yield is if it ends up in the bin!
:kitty:

ill always choose less usable bud over more bud +rot and mildew and the loss of a whole crop because of lack of air circulation due to overly dense foliage... been there done that. fool me once etc etc..doesnt matter what your yield is if it ends up in the bin!
:kitty:
its very important to defol ur auto all through flower if needed. means for great air flow around ur buds at all times. more important towards end of harvest. as the bigger ur buds. the more chance of mold. that were mold can kick in when ur buds are few week from finish and very fat. perfect conditions for mold to live in. to avoid any loss of crop as i say u can defol all through flower. i defol my autos from 3 weeks of age and onwards as needed.and be sure to crank ur fans up to full in bloom.a good steady wind around ur girls. mold has no chance of getting to ur precious buds. happy growing every1 ;)

Back