Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

Advice? Predictions? Confirm what I think I've learned?
Day 51 from seed Mephisto Ripley's OG I did mostly leaf tucking and LST but extremely aggressively and from a very early age. Very moderate defoliation when she showed sex 50w/sqft LED plus side lighting & UVB. Supersoil 7 gal Airpot with soil and saucer aeration. Plant is very low and dense. Next time I'll do less and later LST and keep lights a bit further away than my normal 3 inches to encourage more stretch. It looks like i might be getting a bit of leaf tip yellowing after the heaviest feeding I've done with a kelp/casting/fert tea. Backed off to plain water since and all seems fine. This plant is drinking water heavily. Bottom watering.

Here is my other Ripley's at Day 24 from seed after having been accidentally topped 4-5 days prior during what I guess was some not-so-low stress training. Nonetheless, she has responded well. I actually planted a runt Ripleys start in same pot along with main plant. So this is 80% main plant and 20% runt in the foreground in pic.

Looking good markas. Indica Strain? KK

My girls this morning showing Potassium Difficulties... Looking at Organic remedies...(but first raised the LED a couple inches b/c on Grow Weed Easy (online) that's the recommendation.
KK

Quick update on my topping, the more rigorous Mephisto Chemdogging got topped above the third node, and she is loving that and the lst.
Still behind but once the temps warmed up she took off.
I’m not sure if stunting means a later flowering, or same flower time but a smaller plant. This is day 33 so we will see.
She may be short but she’s very happy and very healthy. I’m looking forward to seeing how she performs as she goes into flowering. I also removed 3-4 leaves to open up the lower nodes.
I’m used to also removing bottom branches but I’m not sure lollipoping is a tactic used on autos?

96A4B92C-B643-49F1-8825-5556A8AF5756.jpeg
50A9D9C7-46FA-4B3C-8EBB-923AF8CD6A3F.jpeg

Hi,

Nice thread @autobeast, I love your thread so much, I decided to contribute myself...

Just wanna share on your thread pics of my Northern lights Auto from RQS , was topped at day 16 in a botched fimming attempt, topped between nod 4-5 , now healthy and active at day 21, stalled for 1 day and started to grow again, I have a small cambial growth happening where the fimming was done, not sure what I will do with it. I started light LTS training at day 18 , Will begin a grow journal soon...
View attachment 1028840 View attachment 1028841 View attachment 1028839 View attachment 1028838

Have a good day everyone...
RQS Auto Northern Lights is a lovely strain, very relaxing, she grows quite big if I remember correctly.. Also Bluematic from RQS is my favourite, consider it for your next grow.. I am currently doing RQS Stress Killer and Fast Eddy atm.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hey y'all. A pretty new grower. Have one grow under my belt. I grew two plants and topped one. Saw Great results. Much of those results should be credited to this forum and everyone who has pitched in over the years.

I am currently on my second grow. Got 5 plants going. Day 18 on my oldest. And was hoping to get some help on figuring out if/when to top. Here is a picture of my oldest. Took it yesterday so day 17.
Screenshot_20190328-092617_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190328-092636_Gallery.jpg

Appreciate the help y'all!

Hey y'all. A pretty new grower. Have one grow under my belt. I grew two plants and topped one. Saw Great results. Much of those results should be credited to this forum and everyone who has pitched in over the years.

I am currently on my second grow. Got 5 plants going. Day 18 on my oldest. And was hoping to get some help on figuring out if/when to top. Here is a picture of my oldest. Took it yesterday so day 17.View attachment 1035843 View attachment 1035844
Appreciate the help y'all!

Do you see the 4th node yet? I would wait a day or so just to let that top node grow some more . But do it by day 20!:headbang:

Hey @Bigg Al, thanks for the quick response.

I guess I am confused about what the 4th node is? Or what it means to top it at the 4th node.

20190328_113616.jpg

If I am topping at the 4th node. Would I top above the 3? So cut off the growth that is 4? Or do I wait to cut off what is growing inside 4/above the 4th node. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 20190328_113616.jpg
    20190328_113616.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 124
Back