Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

nowt
Interesting, I have a Trippy Gorilla auto that is two weeks old today that appears to have a genetic deformity. Fortunately the Think Big I was going to grow with it looks like it will be a monster. I was thinking of topping the Think Big and leaving the Gorilla to grow natually but at what point should I decide that the Gorilla is not worth persevering with?

View attachment 1001140 View attachment 1001142 View attachment 1001138 View attachment 1001139
nothing wrong with ur gorilla. some beans do show some freaky or abnormal leafs. just genetic. but she is mighty young girl. give her love she is gna get big ul see. happy growing ;)

Really nice thread! I just read the whole thing start to finish. I have never tried topping, but I now feel like I can when the next suitable candidate pops her head up. I also like the discussion on defoliation. I had never defoliated until just recently, and then I waited till the end, and just did a little to allow more light to lower bud sites. I have always been quite kind and gentle to my autos, but after reading this, I am going to step it up a notch.
BTW I grow in homemade organic no till soil with great results, and all I really do is leaf tucking/ branch staking LST.
I am also playing around with 'ponytailing', as a way to manipulate the branches into doing what I want.
What drew me to this thread, I was looking for a way to get the most out of plants with structure similar to a MG Strawberry Nuggets or Deez Nuggz. The super short squat plants, the likes of which I have never really dealt with before. Doesn't sound like they are a good candidate for this tech, but plenty of others I plan to grow should be.
Thanks again for writing a great thread, and thanks to everyone else for adding to it. Top Notch!
cheers
os

Hello @autobeast ,
I have this 26 days old Auto AK. Do you think I can top her?
20190128_070510.jpg 20190128_070517.jpg
It's my first auto so a few initial mistakes stunted her growth. She still has showed no pistils. Breeder says she takes 70-80 days to finish. I'm worried about height because my tent is 56 inches tall and the autocob i'm using appears to be too intense for this plant and closer than 36 inches it starts showing light stress symptoms. I was planning to LST but then found your thread, so now I'm thinking maybe toping her can also work, plus lst. What do you think?

Hello @autobeast . I just finished 132 pages of your thread, and was inspired by that to join the AFN.

I was also inspired by your success to defoliate my 3 Jack Herrer, 3 White Widow crop currently on day 33. They seem to be growing just fine...
Thanks!!

And here is think big auto,same treatment;) pics dont lie;) strong genetics oviously help.dutch passion all the way;)and make a grow alot more enjoyable;)View attachment 684983 View attachment 684984 View attachment 684985 View attachment 684986 View attachment 684987 View attachment 684988and my current topped girl and later lstd.just finishing up.kannabia seeds mikromachine auto;)View attachment 684993 View attachment 684994 View attachment 684995will be harvested in a week .here are the replacements.dutch passion auto whitewidow all 3 of these girls.2 older girls will go topped vs untopped.so will keep progress updated;)View attachment 684997lots to learn and as always questions welcome anytime il always be here to help.thats all for now.happy growing every1;)
Day 34 polar Express Auto seeds in DWC. Is it stunted? I topped and doing lst. It's still growning. So that's good I guess. But no buds.

Attachments

• IMG_20190211_060031.jpg
    IMG_20190211_060031.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 212
Hello @autobeast!
Heavy defoliation last Wed morning. I've had to trim new growth shade leaves twice since then. They grow back fast!
Since this is a push the limits/topping thread I'll show the girl I accidentally "topped" when the main broke. The side branches are really growing quickly and showing no sign of slowing down. If not for the lst tie down they would stand close to a foot tall.
35 days old if you go by first set of leaves. The pencil denotes Jack Herrer.

Attachments

• F0339D6E-D20F-4254-9A11-20FD0FA6D66C.jpeg
    F0339D6E-D20F-4254-9A11-20FD0FA6D66C.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 315

Test

Test
Back