Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

Those livers smell great dont they? This current bigger pheno I have smells like ripe fruit, berries and dog shit.. like the least aggresive dog shit eve.. the kind you just wanna shove up your nose, ys feel me?

Those livers smell great dont they? This current bigger pheno I have smells like ripe fruit, berries and dog shit.. like the least aggresive dog shit eve.. the kind you just wanna shove up your nose, ys feel me?
yea i agree livers has very unique very stinking plant.if i leave my bedroom door open on top floor. 3 floor house. then full house stinks of livers. smells banging. happy growing every1 ;)

I started a new Auto Ultimate in a 5 gallon pot and yesterday was Day 18. Do y’all think she looks good (healthy/big) enough to top? Last time I tried it I ended up with a stunted plant that produced great flower but was only 12” tall. This one is growing quicker than that last one but still wanted to ask. If I get a thumbs-up I’ll top her today.

AD3245C1-69E7-49A8-A0C6-03932981EF2D.jpeg
93FA1281-2929-41F1-BCD8-4A8A8F8A629A.jpeg

1109559F-E27C-4A67-85FE-462290D61FEC.jpeg

7FD103F2-654D-45CD-A500-4AC320AC14D1.jpeg

Hoping @autobeast can throw out an opinion.

I started a new Auto Ultimate in a 5 gallon pot and yesterday was Day 18. Do y’all think she looks good (healthy/big) enough to top? Last time I tried it I ended up with a stunted plant that produced great flower but was only 12” tall. This one is growing quicker than that last one but still wanted to ask. If I get a thumbs-up I’ll top her today.

View attachment 999415 View attachment 999416

View attachment 999417

View attachment 999418

You stunted an ultimate with topping? That's pretty unlucky mate. One of the most vigorous strains going.
Personally I find if the 4th node is in by day 17 I'm good to top. Every time I've done it outwith that window I've buggered it up.

Here actually, @autobeast have you ever done a side by side top-fim?
What's your opinion on fimming?

View attachment 999415 View attachment 999416

View attachment 999417

View attachment 999418

she looks very happy good job;) she will take it well i think. ultimate is a big plant;) happy growing every1 ;)

You stunted an ultimate with topping? That's pretty unlucky mate. One of the most vigorous strains going.
Personally I find if the 4th node is in by day 17 I'm good to top. Every time I've done it outwith that window I've buggered it up.

I can’t say, necessarily, it was the topping that did it because I’ve been struggling with some other issues that finally seem worked out....for the most part. BUT I have definitely had bad luck with the topping of autos so far. Up against my untopped autos, the topped ones have always produced less. I know that’s my fault somehow, though. So, I’m plodding along - determined to get it right cuz I’ve seen the evidence from autobeast and others that there IS a better yield when you get it right. Hopefully this’ll be my first big success! She’s definitely growing a little faster than some of my previous autos.

she looks very happy good job;) she will take it well i think. ultimate is a big plant;) happy growing every1 ;)

Thanks, brother! Headed to snip right now!

From my experience that's the best time to do it. While the node is barely formed. I go for 4th not 3rd but same principle. The smaller the node is the less damage it causes. See a lot of people chopping off 1,2 or even 3 nodes that are fully formed and I think that's where the "can't top an auto" myth came from.
What you've just done, is in my mind, a perfect topping.

Test

Test
Back