Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

What are some strains that respond really well to topping?
Healthy plants respond well to topping.. small single cola indica varieties maybe less so than others just because of plant structure imo.

Last edited:
most autos enjoy been topped and nake a great plant.u will get a few small phenos along the way. but solid genetics will always bring u a great plant. i can give u exact seeds names to pick if u wish. and indica dominant autos make the best topped girls,thats for sure. happy growing every1;)

most autos enjoy been topped and nake a great plant.u will get a few small phenos along the way. but solid genetics will always bring u a great plant. i can give u exact seeds names to pick if u wish. and indica dominant autos make the best topped girls,thats for sure. happy growing every1;)
can you go into a bit more detail on your thinking autobeast i would have said if asked more likely to be the sativa that would lend better to topping i have no idea but that would have been my guess

I once read a quote on here that said...

"A quote from a great grower I met on here... It doesn't matter how you treat your plants if you're feeding them vodka"

The point being that there's soooo many things other than strain selection that determine wether or not a plant will respond well to anything.

We all have vastly different set ups and vastly different environments.

Small, faster finishing strains tend to need a really good environment to take well to topping.
Bigger strains, pretty much anything labelled XXL should be able to take it in less dialed in environments.

My phone doesn't let me upload pics but go Google "VPD scale chart" and it'll most likely be the first thing that pops up. That's the important bit to getting full tilt growth rates. Basically if you keep the temperature relative to the humidity for each stage of the grow, you get massively accelerated growth rates.
Your plants won't die if it goes outside the line. Most likely won't get any issues from it unless you go massively out but when you manage to keep it perfect for even 2 days you'll see what a difference it makes.
I can smell straight away if it's too high or too low when I pop my head up the attic. It really does make that much of a difference. If effects transpiration levels for the plants so they can't sweat properly if the 'VPD' ain't right.
If they can't sweat then they can't feed.
They can only take in what they can sweat out so if rh (water pressure in the air ) is too high or too low they don't grow anywhere near as well as they can.

can you go into a bit more detail on your thinking autobeast i would have said if asked more likely to be the sativa that would lend better to topping i have no idea but that would have been my guess
I'm 8/10 times 50/50 sort of strains and they love it. I always stick to XXL though.
I've thought indica wouldn't like it also so looking forward to Mr beasts reply.

I'm 8/10 times 50/50 sort of strains and they love it. I always stick to XXL though.
I've thought indica wouldn't like it also so looking forward to Mr beasts reply.
indica dominant autos are far better more robust and bring fatter buds than a sativa auto. they finish on time , and do stretch well enough after topping, remember still have a little sativa in them, just more indica;) a shorter plant can yield just as much as a tall plant. personally i dont like a tall girl. short and mighty with fat buds is the aim;) my indica girls are always a joy. happy growing every1 ;)

indica dominant autos are far better more robust and bring fatter buds than a sativa auto. they finish on time , and do stretch well enough after topping, remember still have a little sativa in them, just more indica;) a shorter plant can yield just as much as a tall plant. personally i dont like a tall girl. short and mighty with fat buds is the aim;) my indica girls are always a joy. happy growing every1 ;)
I agree, shorter the better, easier to train and maintain.

h
I agree, shorter the better, easier to train and maintain.
how tall she becomes is upto the plant and genetics. u top and let grow. will not effect vertical growth of an auto. i have to top then later lst to keep my topped girls low. my current grow all topped and left to grow.back plants u cnt really see. mephisto sourlivers. upfront girls dinafem critifal jack autos. going nuts super tall. proves as i say, topping autos dont effect veritcal growth. or growth of an auto in anyway just changes the structure of plant.in a good way;)
DSC_1699.JPG
DSCPDC_0000_BURST20190109183652726.JPG
DSC_1700.JPG
DSCPDC_0002_BURST20190109183714198_COVER.JPG
happy growing every1 ;)

h

how tall she becomes is upto the plant and genetics. u top and let grow. will not effect vertical growth of an auto. i have to top then later lst to keep my topped girls low. my current grow all topped and left to grow.back plants u cnt really see. mephisto sourlivers. upfront girls dinafem critifal jack autos. going nuts super tall. proves as i say, topping autos dont effect veritcal growth. or growth of an auto in anyway just changes the structure of plant.in a good way;) View attachment 999238 View attachment 999239 View attachment 999240 View attachment 999242 happy growing every1 ;)
Nice grow you got there.

Test

Test
Back