Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

@Roll-itt No prob man. You could still start the flush tomorrow, I don't think hydro needs a very long flush. I think it usually only takes a few days, I've never grown hydro though so I could be wrong. You might see some more swelling during the flush too. I think you'll have a pretty heavy harvest either way :smoking:

Cheers man. Either way it's been an enjoyable grow. And it's all a learning curve. Just can't get my head around why she's nearly ready. But maybe that's an auto for ya.

In my experience, I've found that it varies with strain. My gorilla glues were perfect after topping and training, my northern lights (look at my avatar) went 20 days longer than breeder specs, And my blackberries went to a "perfect" 75-80 days, with no delay in anything.
If you've got good genetics going, It shouldn't add much delay.
I agree, I'm going to top my Big Bud from seed stockers hope improve the field a little or a lot

I just topped my speed bud auto from female seeds a few days ago above 3rd node and she's recovering and sending off 2 branches. My diesel berry auto from auto seeds started preflowering at week 3 so I didn't get to top her. She's blowing up with growth though at 4 weeks. All in hydroponics dwc. Then I got a 2nd diesel berry going also. Then I started a sour diesel auto from Humboldt and a auto kush from female seeds and a amnesia Xxl auto from dinafem. 5 strain, 6 plant perpetual extravaganza. Once a plant comes down another goes in. Muhaha

Hey guys,

Got some lst questions for you all :)
I’m on roughly day 25, topped at day 16 above 4th node and started training on day 22. Growth has been great but they seem to be jumping the gun somewhat. They showed sex on day 16 too, and seems to be really in preflower without much veg time. Growing DP’s cbd compassion lime, and the only detailed grow journal I could find, the grower didn’t go into preflower till day 31!

First question.... how long into preflower/flower can you be training to induce tertiary growth from secondary branching? I’m already starting to see staggered nodes which I was assuming is the sign to let them start growing up instead of training sideways.

Second question... is it ok to lst everyday? They seem to recover, right themselves at least, within an hour or two, but wondering whether training them every evening has the potential to stunt them in the long run.

Here’s a pic of the girls yesterday after recovering some training an hour beforehand. Day 24 I think, could be 23....

3a89913da64d3cb0e3c87a3a482d557f.jpg

Any thoughts hugely appreciated, cheers all!!

You plant a seed and something might grow. It is so exciting, exhilarating, magnificent - as long as it is within our perceptual set. I can also be dull, boring and disappointing if you choose to see it that way. I have always loved the miracle of plants that grow from a seed. Even the ones I love to hate like nut grass - Yellow and Purple Sedge - a nuisance weed where I live. It is amazing. It can grow from a seed but more likely from a nutlet (tuber) that can be as deep as 17" and can lay dormant for 20 years. I digress................... It is ok to LST be very careful not to defoliate too much now. Autos bloom on their own internal clock.

Actually think I defoliated too much. My buds have not grown a bit in about 10 days. It looks healthy otherwise but it's like someone hit the pause button on it.
Will it ever snap out of it, or did I really F it up for good?
It is on day 46 right now
ae10a246ad2981d6aaa25ea8f51768f5.jpg
851a7ee4dab255055eb3350f62146f95.jpg

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Test

Test
Back