Auto topping thread,pushing the auto limits;)

Good day growers im a master photo and auto grower.but my passion is with autoflower seeds.i been on a mission for 5 years growing now trying diffrent methods of training on autos to see what they truly behold.truth is autos aint no diffrent to a normal plant other than they flower on there own.u can top lst supercrop and defol autos with monster results if done at the correct time.oviously every plant is diffrent so always use the seed info as a rough guide;) and a short plant can yield just as much as a tall plant;) in this thread i will show u all along the way of the true limits of autos and there true potential as i grow them for u all to see;).also if ur an auto grower who likes to push the limits,do speak up and all pics of ur autos and talk and all questions welcome on pushing the auto limits.here a few examples of the results achived topping an auto young followed by later lst.few heavy defols along the way ,gives u an army of dominant colas and a big heavy yield.and a beautiful plant.here is automazar topped and lstd;)
_20160929_163743.JPG
_20160929_163801.JPG
_20160929_163846.JPG
_20160929_163908.JPG
_20160929_163945.JPG
_20160929_164001.JPG

Fuckin hell mate that's some juice to throw at a plant lol. How long she got to go? You might be on for a pounder on your first go like. Not many guys can say that.
You're going to have multiple pounds.. amazing! That plant is a mutant for sure. What kinda feed?

I'd be happy with a pound! There's a lot of errors really. A lot if heat stress. Foxtailing. She's like half scrogged. As in had to take her out of the net. She will struggle with the weight soon. I think she's on day 30. Give or take a few.

She's on canna a+b and a bit of rock resin now and again. Basic really.

Should see my photo's. Same size of her and not flipped yet :)

That
I wouldnt, if the plant is that old and that small it probably wont take topping well. From what I've been learning, you want to top Autos early usually before 20 days to give it as much time to heal and veg out before flower.

Thanks, that's what I felt but was concerned about. I thought I would ping this group since the plant was very healthy but does have a pretty short cycle which is almost 1/2 way through.

I'd be happy with a pound! There's a lot of errors really. A lot if heat stress. Foxtailing. She's like half scrogged. As in had to take her out of the net. She will struggle with the weight soon. I think she's on day 30. Give or take a few.

She's on canna a+b and a bit of rock resin now and again. Basic really.

Should see my photo's. Same size of her and not flipped yet :)[/QUOTE?
Day 30? As in 30 days from pistils on 18/6. That's fuckin awesome mate. If she's foxtailing it's cos she's stressed. Dont want fxt plants like. Fucks up the yield and the strength. Couldn't say fir sure without exact measurements but it's most likely the amount of light lol.
You want 50w per square foot.
If you've got particularly good airflow and can handle the temps then go for 60-70w per square foot.
How do those numbers add up just now bud ?

30 days is an estimate to be fair. 23 days since I noticed my first actual bud growth.. like I said she grew way bigger than anticipated. I only have 2m height with 3m square area... she could nt handle the gavita. So had to change some stuff around.. nearly every cola burnt so there's a lot of damage.. now I have 1200w beaming down on a 2 metre square canopy. With maybe 16inch distance from light to canopy. Best I can do really

Thankyou for this insight dude

30 days is an estimate to be fair. 23 days since I noticed my first actual bud growth.. like I said she grew way bigger than anticipated. I only have 2m height with 3m square area... she could nt handle the gavita. So had to change some stuff around.. nearly every cola burnt so there's a lot of damage.. now I have 1200w beaming down on a 2 metre square canopy. With maybe 16inch distance from light to canopy. Best I can do really

Thankyou for this insight dude
Tag me if you've got a journal on mate.

Tag me if you've got a journal on mate.
I ain't got a clue how to tag pal?

Also think there's a problem. On paper it's 3 weeks to go. But I have 20-30% Amber trichomes already. Has she finally been pushed too far and gone into shock ?

To tag some one put a @ in front of their name, when you do that you'll see a drop down menu with names that are close to the one your typing.
@Roll-itt When I tagged you like that, I did the same thing, @, then the name your tagging.

Also, harvest date mentioned by the breeder usually isn't very accurate, everyone has different growing methods which will affect the harvest date. I harvest when I'm happy with the color of the trichomes, I usually go with somewhere between 10-30% amber depending on the strain and the effect I want from it. I noticed when I wait longer to harvest it diminishes some of the smell.

To tag some one put a @ in front of their name, when you do that you'll see a drop down menu with names that are close to the one your typing.
@Roll-itt When I tagged you like that, I did the same thing, @, then the name your tagging.

Also, harvest date mentioned by the breeder usually isn't very accurate, everyone has different growing methods which will affect the harvest date. I harvest when I'm happy with the color of the trichomes, I usually go with somewhere between 10-30% amber depending on the strain and the effect I want from it. I noticed when I wait longer to harvest it diminishes some of the smell.

Thanks for the info dude.

It's day 30 since I noticed my first buds. So I'm going off my own timing not the breeders. As it's 50 days over the breeders information haha. But there is no swelling at all. The buds don't look nowhere near ready. But she's telling me she is ? Her final flush wasn't set to start till tomorrow. :(

@Roll-itt No prob man. You could still start the flush tomorrow, I don't think hydro needs a very long flush. I think it usually only takes a few days, I've never grown hydro though so I could be wrong. You might see some more swelling during the flush too. I think you'll have a pretty heavy harvest either way :smoking:

Test

Test
Back