New Grower Auto Berry Ryder

If you brown bagged them, the idea is to not open the bags for a couple days.

I usally go 3 or 4 days before i check them.
It depends on your temp and humidity .
Also how big your buds are.
If a lot covering the bottom, ill check and shake them After 3 days.
When they dont feel wet touching them.
Jar them up, check humidity, if over 70, back out of the jar.
If close to 70, just air dry and hour or two and rejar.
I usually jar them up just below 70 and start my cure watching them.
Never had a mold problem yet and i do cure jar lenght buds.
Just how i do it.

@SgtMcDoobie - I think that's fairly normal for part of the drying/curing process. I obviously haven't experienced it myself not having grown yet, but I recall reading a few things here and there about how part of the curing process is to get rid of the clorophyll/grass taste and aroma.

As for my grow - still gonna be awhile yet before I get things rolling, but I'll definitely shoot ya a link when I do!

Have never dried in a bag only by hanging, and on just about all strains they have lost all the good smells at some point in drying, but after 10-15 days in a jar curing it starts to come back better and stronger than ever before, i know bag drying is supposed to reduce the hay smell speed up the cure a bit but don't see any reason why i could not happen also, so would not panic and wait to see what the jarred up buds develop into.

Great harvest and grow also pal and has been a pleasure to tag along.

@Spanglish yep er i agree.
I think alot depends on the strain .
I only started doing the bag trick couple years ago mainly for stealth reasons.
I can harvest, bag and in jars curing in a week and the smell is much much less than hanging .
Think stealth !!!
Anyway i learned of this from the autoflower portal years ago.
Credit goes there.for a stealth situation, all the way around. It cant be beat.
Im not saying its better or worse than hanging as far as taste,smell whatever
. Oh yeah the taste and smell will get better.
At least mine did.

@Spanglish yep er i agree.
I think alot depends on the strain .
I only started doing the bag trick couple years ago mainly for stealth reasons.
I can harvest, bag and in jars curing in a week and the smell is much much less than hanging .
Think stealth !!!
Anyway i learned of this from the autoflower portal years ago.
Credit goes there.for a stealth situation, all the way around. It cant be beat.
Im not saying its better or worse than hanging as far as taste,smell whatever
. Oh yeah the taste and smell will get better.
At least mine did.

Yeah I think strain had lots to do with it also, Deep Blue C had a strong smell and taste from day 1 in the jar, and Triangle Kush took a good week to 10 days for anything, both were dried and cured identically.

Thanks for the replys guys hope your right I had a joint last night and the buds smell like berrys when I grinded them up and the taste is still there just hope a good cure brings it all out

I googled it last night and most of the forums people said that it was game over once they smell like cut grass there's no going back but I trust you guys so fingers crossed will keep u updated

I think you will be fine.
My berry wasnt great the first week or two either.
Now im smoking the popcorn and lower buds, havent even touched the tops yet.
If you would have hung dry, you smell cut grass anyway.
At least for me..

Thanks for the replys guys hope your right I had a joint last night and the buds smell like berrys when I grinded them up and the taste is still there just hope a good cure brings it all out

I googled it last night and most of the forums people said that it was game over once they smell like cut grass there's no going back but I trust you guys so fingers crossed will keep u updated

Well if there is some smell and/or flavour in the buds, sounds promising to me. As i understand it the way the cure works, is slowly gassing off the remaining moisture and other stuff from the buds, naturally the outside of the bud will dry first and can lose its smell and appear over dry, but over a bit of time in the jars as the remaining terps, moisture and whatever else makes its way out from the centre of the buds, its seems to rejuvenate the smell and taste of the bud again.

Yeah I have hung dry before and had the grass smell my last harvest I used the brown paper bag for the first time and the smell stayed with the buds

I suppose each harvest is different that why I was taken back with this berry Ryder when I checked and got that cut grass smell I panicked thought I messed it up and after loads of searches on google I thought that was it

I just need to be patient now and draw the smell out from the center of the buds just checked again and the out side of the buds are bone dry but there's still moisture in them the stems don't snap when I bend them is now a good time to jar them up or should I wait until the stems snap

Back