Live Stoners Australian Growers Thread

Hey bro, welcome back :) good luck on your next grow! Loving summer vibes, everything’s green again and the birds are flocking in! A little concerned for this canberra summer heat I must admit. On the lookout for some kind of mini small space AC unit that’s not gonna cost a fortune to run! I hear temps can hit 40c here on the regs :S

Thanks wombat, wishing you luck with the heat aswell!

Hey everyone, good to see we're all getting growing this Summer,
I've been a bit quiet since my last epic grow, what with an 18 ounce Blue Amnesia XXL Auto and a 15 ounce White Widow XXL Auto, plus a 10 ounce Glueberry OG Auto....
Got a house inspection next week, so as soon as she's gone, like that afternoon..... I'm planting again!

Now I fancy growing Photos instead of Autos... what with the heat, and electric costs, it seems a better option.

I have some (4 year old) seeds from the Aussie 'Southern Star Seed Co'....
  1. Super Deluxe - (godbud x super silver haze)x berry haze - 60% Sativa
  2. Frost Fortress - The White x GG Allin - 100% Indica
  3. GG Allin - LA Affie x Deep Purple Doja x Afghan indica x Deep Chunk - 100% Indica
  4. Nice Chunk - Mr Nice G13 x Hash plant x Chunk B - 80% Indica
  5. A pack of 10 assorted 'All Stars'
Plus a nice shiny new pack of 5 Des Fran by Dutch Passion.... killer weed, but I wanna get it right first!

The Southern Star gear are all regulars, so as I have zero experience with regs.... this is how I wanna do it.... correct me if I'm wrong....

I usually grow in 20L airpots with coco under LED using House and Garden nutes... works well for my Autos.

I've only got 4x 20L airpots, plus 4x 5L airpots, so...

As I'm aiming for 4 pots in flowering, I should plant 8 pots and whip out the males, repot and off they go. 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for bloom.

I will expect to see male traits after 3-4 weeks? Before flipping?

I usually plant seeds direct in coco, but maybe as these seeds are old, I should do the paper towel thing and germinate a few more....?
I have kept them refrigerated all this time along with the rest of my seed collection, and everythings so far been 100 succesfully germinated my usual way.
Maybe I should get a few smaller regular cheapo pots... like 3-5 litre and plant a good few more?
Maybe stick to 2 strains so 4 of each seed will give a better probabilty of getting enough fems?

I dunno.

I have a 1.4metre square tent that's 2m high. Maybe I might get a smaller tent and think about cuttings, mothers etc.... once the grow is in progress.....

What do you think Guys and Girls... I need some help! Advice please!!!

@Teetee if I we're doing photoregs, I would do a bunch in Solo cups or small pots, cull males and choose mother's, pot them up and take clones.

That's just what I would do, mainly to avoid plants of varying ages etc

@Teetee if I we're doing photoregs, I would do a bunch in Solo cups or small pots, cull males and choose mother's, pot them up and take clones.

That's just what I would do, mainly to avoid plants of varying ages etc

Cheers F6 mate. Wont they get a bit big for Jiffy cups by the time they show sex? What are we talking... 3-4 weeks?

I may as well sow all 10 of 2 strains? Maybe grow 6 if they are good ones?

@Teetee mate if youve got regs and dont fancy using the males theres a trick you can use to gague sex from just the un germinated seed.

Look at the crown of the seed (with a magnifying glass if need be) and if the crown is divoted or a recessed crator its a female, if the crown is less recessed and more protruded its a male.

Have a look on youtube at canna seed sexing for some guides or tutorials but its worked for me before so i hope it does for you. Let us know how your beans look.

The purpose of Solo cups or similar type pots is to isolate the photo mother's, photos can be held in pre flower, repotted and reveged if needed. It's an extra step but will give you more control over what you clone and grow out.

You can always keep a male separate and selective pollenate to gather seeds if your mother's fail or you need to grow them out/cull them.

Fucking hell, my biggest nightmare. Hope he's OK.
Any idea what gave him away?

It was someone connected to a family member.

He then got going again and the rippers cleaned him out so the bro is laying low and a bit upset.

Since I've been on here at least 3 of us have been taken down but not from AfN I believe, from other means.

Gets my arse puckering tho! Especially when you Google image search your user name!

Stay safe!

Last edited:
Back