Live Stoners Australian Growers Thread

Oh and is anyone else a soil grower?
What do you use?
My usual Yates seedling mix has ph issues.. and I don't use no ph testers so if you use something you know works let me know please

I couldn't help myself.

Just placed an order with Mephisto.
A pack of Gold Glue and 1 of Blue Toof. 10 of each.
Let the fun begin.

On another note, power prices have just risen again with no end in sight with the shit fight that is our electricity market.

As indoor growers (personal stash), is this an issue for you. If it is are you mindful of your consumption?

As for myself I am downsizing.
I am currently planning my next cabinets.
Both will be 600 x 600. Grow and flower.
Upto 100w of fluro for grow and 220w of cob led for flower. Ventilation for each cabinet around 80w each.
A rough guesstimate should have total power consumption for both cabinets at under 500w.

It's a big change from the days of past where you would throw another 400/600w into the tent just because you can.

For arguments sake using a gram a watt that should produce around 200g every 10/12 weeks.
Thats plenty for personal in my case.

@4tokin I have a aircon and dehumidifier and lights for 6 plant grow .. I don't know for sure but it is around $400 every 3 months , even if it was $500 I am more than willing to pay it , The quality of the smoke I get out ways the cost factor by a country mile . :smoking::thumbsup:

@4tokin I have a aircon and dehumidifier and lights for 6 plant grow .. I don't know for sure but it is around $400 every 3 months , even if it was $500 I am more than willing to pay it , The quality of the smoke I get out ways the cost factor by a country mile . :smoking::thumbsup:

I don't begrudge what I spend to grow quality. But is good to have the numbers in your favour.

Another reason for downsizing is I just don't require as much.

Focusing on quality over quantity.

Spring is in the air.

The days and evenings are starting to warm. Even if the overnight temps are still low at 5c, pity the poor fools in the valley, they are a good 7 degrees lower.
Not long until the first seedlings go in.

Back to the shade house.
I dragged the potting mix drum out and gave it a good once over and dragged it out to a sunny spot for a further few weeks of cooking in the sun.
Also my mk2 grow cabinet (4Ts 4sq ft) is coming along nicely. Lots of sawing, hammering, screwing, sanding and painting.

Happy Gardening

Last edited:
Done some autoflower breeding over winter in greenhouses out in the rainforest . should end up with 200 auto ultimate seeds, 50 candy kush seeds,80 magnum seeds, 50 gorilla glue seeds,50 pineapple express seeds all seeds are from auto parents and 1 fem auto ultimate sprayed with colloidal silver. Really going to enjoy seeing what these seeds cab do out in the forest in 50 litre containers

hi all figured i'd chime in and welcome myself since im a fellow Aussie. newbie here but excited to start growing some autos. finding it pretty difficult to weed through the shit in Australia, like with everything. tons of ebay stores but yeah most seem to only stock cheap shit. any recommendations? also anyone have any brick and motor recommendations for supplies in QLD?

for soil im planning on using some canna terra pro as i've heard its pretty good, hard to source it though. how are you lads handling the winter? any issues?

Welcome @rayuki
What's your grow plan? Have any beans and if so what strain's?

I've just pulled a Kings Kush and Super lemon haze with a malana bomb and wild Thai Ryder in a week or so :)

IMG_20170722_214414.jpg

f6

Welcome @rayuki
What's your grow plan? Have any beans and if so what strain's?

I've just pulled a Kings Kush and Super lemon haze with a malana bomb and wild Thai Ryder in a week or so :)

View attachment 783482

f6
Looks good! Ive got some fastbuds GSC beans on the way from attitude. Your review and massive yield and also the fact I just want to try it since it seems pretty popular made me want to grow them lol.

I've changed plans a bunch already. Originally was going to go straight into a DWC grow but have decided for a first time I'll keep it simple and go with soil. Have a tent that is 5x5 with a 600w hps. Plan on making my own cobs during this first grow to replace for second grow.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks good! Ive got some fastbuds GSC beans on the way from attitude. Your review and massive yield and also the fact I just want to try it since it seems pretty popular made me want to grow them lol.

I've changed plans a bunch already. Originally was going to go straight into a DWC grow but have decided for a first time I'll keep it simple and go with soil. Have a tent that is 5x5 with a 600w hps. Plan on making my own cobs during this first grow to replace for second grow.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nice! Should pump out some yield for sure!

How many are you planning on running?

Have a feeling of my 4, I should get 6-800g dry :)

But we will see...

Yep, GSC is a ripper, ty for the kind words :)

f6

Back