Indoor Australia+Equatorial v the world

@Equatorial I reuse all my soil . Have done for a long time now, I recon it gets better after the first grow . things sort of blend in , I still add things that has been used up . as for worms , you must have native soil worms , that is what I use , also keep the soil in the shade and don't let it dry out , keep the soil moist , you will know if it is to wet as they will climb up the sides and you will know when you have got it right as they will breed in the soil . When I reuse it , it is at least 3 months old . To feed the worms use cow or horse manure . , don't treat them like compost worms as they are not . @fettled6 -- ya not going to grow in soil are ya -- :biggrin: Blend the lot together and feed it . :thumbsup:

I'm just a token Aussie. No idea what a Bunnings is?

Do the bait shops sell the ones we need? I don't really recall seeing any bait shops around but let me check local sellers.
Bunnings is a chain hardware store with a big gardening section. Any large chain store with gardening supplies like bags of potting mix should sell worms.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Any large chain store with gardening supplies like bags of potting mix should sell worms.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Ours don't. We only have large nurseries that sells very basic grow products. They don't even have fabric pots! They are more interested in selling plants. Online hydro shops are starting to appear but prices are crazy ridiculous! No way I'm getting fleeced like that! I CAN however get worm castings at reasonable prices.

@Equatorial I reuse all my soil . Have done for a long time now, I recon it gets better after the first grow . things sort of blend in , I still add things that has been used up . as for worms , you must have native soil worms , that is what I use , also keep the soil in the shade and don't let it dry out , keep the soil moist , you will know if it is to wet as they will climb up the sides and you will know when you have got it right as they will breed in the soil . When I reuse it , it is at least 3 months old . To feed the worms use cow or horse manure . , don't treat them like compost worms as they are not . @fettled6 -- ya not going to grow in soil are ya -- :biggrin: Blend the lot together and feed it . :thumbsup:

Not sure where to get worms. Let alone native soil worms!

If I just put them on the balcony for rain or shine for 3 months, without any worms, occasionally watering them to keep moist (Currently, i mix a bit and spray the top layer till moist), will it work? It gets hot...should help?

Also, should I worry about bugs? Can they survive after 3 months or more? I hate mealy bugs!

Not sure where to get worms. Let alone native soil worms!

If I just put them on the balcony for rain or shine for 3 months, without any worms, occasionally watering them to keep moist (Currently, i mix a bit and spray the top layer till moist), will it work? It gets hot...should help?

Also, should I worry about bugs? Can they survive after 3 months or more? I hate mealy bugs!
I would think to get native soil worms you are going to need a digging fork and container along with a nice joint...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I would think to get native soil worms you are going to need a digging fork and container along with a nice joint...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm not the tough, rugged, crocodile dundee *coughs* Hecno kinda dude....

Not gonna work for me. Just gonna try cooking them under the sun and watering them from time to time.

I'll still try to look for worms. 6-7 five gallon pots worth of old soil. How much worms do I need?

Anything other than worms that is easy enough for me to just pour it into the soil? I have a few months till my next round so I guess I got time?

Screenshot_20181209-195924_Chrome.jpg

I'll be honest i don't know shit about worms or where to get them besides my vegetable garden has plenty in it and I don't remember putting them there so i presume they are native soil worms?

Back