Indoor Australia+Equatorial v the world

Question for all the soil composting experts here! You know who you are...LOL

If i just pour all my old soil with roots stems and all into wide plastic tubs, leave them where they get some direct sun each day, some rain but not much when it rains, will they turn to good compost few months later? If there are any bugs in there, will they survive after few months?

Maybe water occasionally and mix as best i can? There is a bucket with an entire plant i chopped due to bud rot and/or mealy bug infestation. The entire plant is buried under old soil for a couple weeks now.

I plan to reuse these soil with adding some extra worm poop and perlite. So far, no funky smell. Will take pics if it helps.
You are going to have bugs mealy worms again. Nonono...
Never put that bug in your pile.

U must burn that plant and its soil. To make it inert. Only ashes will eliminate that bug.

I would now take my compost pile that bug plant was in and bake it before you use it. @ 140°
for 30 minutes. Or your just going to have bugs again[emoji44][emoji488]

Sent[emoji297][emoji100][emoji482]

I have just spent 2 minutes studying worms...if you get them from hash you don't need any and if you can get them from f6 2 will be plenty the ones the dog has aren't any good and don't let weird uncle Barry show you his it's a trick!
LoL[emoji21][emoji26][emoji38][emoji43][emoji50][emoji13][emoji12]

If I get any cooties it's @hecno s fault...!

Those Solo cups going to be in youghurt tubs floating in my hydro tray!

15444409264703374042833657412713.jpg

Such as..

Don't ruin my garden dirty soil people!

:bighug:

f6

You are going to have bugs mealy worms again. Nonono...
Never put that bug in your pile.

U must burn that plant and its soil. To make it inert. Only ashes will eliminate that bug.

I would now take my compost pile that bug plant was in and bake it before you use it. @ 140°
for 30 minutes. Or your just going to have bugs again[emoji44][emoji488]

Sounds like I should just throw the whole damn thing away! Carrying them downstairs will not be fun. If the bugs can survive a few months under the sun, then this soil sounds toxic to me!

Part of me feels like saying Screw it! but don't wanna risk it. Maybe this is a good chance for me to try coco/perlite next.

Sounds like I should just throw the whole damn thing away! Carrying them downstairs will not be fun. If the bugs can survive a few months under the sun, then this soil sounds toxic to me!

Part of me feels like saying Screw it! but don't wanna risk it. Maybe this is a good chance for me to try coco/perlite next.
Well you can bake just what you need at a time. And also you could make an outside oven with sheet metal. Make fire near by and put the coles in the diy oven.
To cook them all out

Well you can bake just what you need at a time. And also you could make an outside oven with sheet metal. Make fire near by and put the coles in the diy oven.
To cook them all out

I have been wanting to buy an oven for baking! Even if I do get one, there is no way in hell my wife is gonna let me bake soil, let alone bug infested soil! Lol

I'd have thought that the bugs would die and their decomposed remains would make the soil better! Sucks cos I really wanted to feel the satisfaction of reusing my soil. I threw out the last round arrghh!

I even watered them today so its gonna be a while before they are light enough for me to carry downstairs. Do you think they'll be any good for outdoor use? No pots. Just plant on ground.

I have been wanting to buy an oven for baking! Even if I do get one, there is no way in hell my wife is gonna let me bake soil, let alone bug infested soil! Lol

I'd have thought that the bugs would die and their decomposed remains would make the soil better! Sucks cos I really wanted to feel the satisfaction of reusing my soil. I threw out the last round arrghh!

I even watered them today so its gonna be a while before they are light enough for me to carry downstairs. Do you think they'll be any good for outdoor use? No pots. Just plant on ground.
Well they're are some Natural pesticides and chemical ones going to have to find out what you can use in your area Google it mealy worms mealybugs.
But you can drench the soil with them and that'll take care of that problem as well you want to make sure and get it good and you want to make sure and use what's legal in your area.

Back