Mephisto Genetics Atulip Sprouts Mephisto - Organic - LED

A bit behind but still getting everything setup from the switch to the new 4'x8' tent. A cheap $170 one on eBay. I picked it because it had the same 5/8" poles as my Growlab and the only bigger I found were the expensive gorillas. I'd probably go with an orca if I was going for high end(higher more even reflection). The Mylar in here is not as nice as the Growlabs though, this just has basic diamond pattern. But for $170, out of the box it's looking like a great value. Zippers are the same big metal ones as my Growlab, another thing I like. 4x8 Matrix grow tent from eBay.
IMAG1804.jpg

880w total lighting in here. Still arranging them, but it's looking like the 340w plc and 120w Mars to cree 3000k covering about a 3'x4' space to flower under. The 2 x 100w 4000k lights next to it, covering about a 2'x4', and the 120w 5000k covering about a 2.5'x2.5'. Not quite using the full 32sq ft, as I don't have enough lighting, but since I start seedlings in rootmakers and these pots can pack a little closer together, I can still maintain 32 plants. Ideally another 150w or so of cob lighting is what I'd like for this tent, around 1000w total. 1 square foot per plant is the new plan, I don't quite need to cram as many in to get the same monthly haul.

The swick bed is just a 45"x93"x6" wood frame with a 5'x10' thick plastic pond liner($40, ebay). Beats the hell outta $100 per 4'x4' tray at the hydro store. Still need more perlite.
IMAG1814.jpg

I'm not sure what all we got in here right now, I've harvested sour blues x 2, Chemdogging x 2, and our overfed Walter whites(n tox heavy Mexican guano). They're drying still.

Sour Blues
IMAG1777.jpg

IMAG1783.jpg

IMAG1776.jpg

Chemdogging
IMAG1810.jpg

IMAG1812.jpg

Apparently the only Walter white picture I took is with the the fresh flowers in my bowl lol.
IMAG1817.jpg

Ripley's og still getting the attempted mainline training. Not perfectly even but pretty close.
IMAG1826.jpg

Seedlings got potted up. I killed a few(again), gives me an excuse to buy more seeds. 2 x sour stompers are alive. 4x Skylar white. Both potted in the 3g royal pots.

5 x Walter White planted in rootmakers yesterday. Gonna keep the best 4.

Just read through the thread and that was quite an adventure!!! So many strains, I had a hard time keeping up so I was bouncing between pages!!!! lol

Great grow set-up!!!! Definitely something to aspire to!!! I was actually hoping to get a little info on the LEDs you made, as I'm using LED panels (2 Mars II's and a KingLED), and although I love their coverage and relatively low draw, those COB lights you have are ridiculously bright!!!!

IMAG1844.jpg

The large panel is a pacific light concepts cx300. Pulls 340w at the wall and outputs a hair under 50,000 lumens in the 3500k spectrum. Designed for even coverage in a 3'x3' area, I replaced my 600w hps with it.

http://www.pacificlightconcepts.com/product/cx300/

The lighting is all Cree cobs, running around 50-55% efficiency through the leds. (Mars panels will be around 30%(most cheap red/blue) the DIY are mars300s from eBay($65, 140w actual), led boards ripped out, new heatsinks and Cree cobs added(mostly 3590s, some 1512s and 2540s though). 4 panels done so far, each pull 110-115w at the wall(100w or so goes to the leds, the rest is driver loss and fan) one primary 3000k color(located behind the plc) two 4000k located next to it, and a 5000k center right. Don't plan on using the entire tent without another 150-200w of cobs, then that will be wall to wall coverage. I measure levels with a lux meter also to try and get even coverage with the setup.

There's a few DIY cob threads in the led section(I also have one for the mars conversions) if you have any interest in converting an existing led, building one, or just wanna learn more about the technology check growmau5 on YouTube. He's got a 7 part DIY led basics.

IMAG1843.jpg

Sour Crack x2 (Day 68) both coming down soon. Defol'd the bushy one a couple days ago. The other has some big ole nugs, love it already. 10-20% Amber trichs for both.

IMAG1840.jpg

24 Carat (Day 62) budding up fast.
IMAG1841.jpg

Ripley's Og x2 (Day 49, 46) left mainlined, looks great, honestly I think I could do 8 tops next time if I top earlier :D the other was fimmed with a little tying down, both look great.

IMAG1836.jpg

Mainline
IMG_20160517_204603.jpg

FIM
IMG_20160517_204621.jpg

Sour Crack harvest. 73 days from seed. Left one was a breeze to trim, rock hard top nugs and nothing else. Approaching baseball size in the center.
IMAG1845.jpg

IMAG1847.jpg

IMAG1853.jpg

IMAG1850.jpg

Dry weight for Sour Blues, 30.1g and 22.4g. Chemdogging, 45.6g and 38.4g. Walters still above 70% but looks like an oz total for the two of them(n tox from the heavy guano)

5 more Walter Whites planted in rootmaker propagation pots. Keeping 4 again. At least 3 runs of Walters are gonna be the subject of a soil test. Coots soil vs build a soil nuteients blend, and both ontop of a supersoil mix. Either way, I want an elbow of this Walter white. It's freaking lovely lol.

Unbelievable!!! I love your SoG because you don't really do a whole lot to your plants, other than some basic care and maintenance, and they grow beautiful!!!! I love the variety too, although I'd have to admit that I don't think I have that many jars to put THAT many strains in!!!!

I'm just now trying organic, and the plants I have in the box right now are flourishing, and it's seriously making me wonder why I waited so long to try it!!!!!! The health of your plants never seems to be in question, even though I believe you said you had changed up your feeding/fert regimen..

Besides, those LEDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm blown away by their power!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the information, again!!!!!!!! I'm already planning out my build!!!!!

:drool::worship::vibe::smokeout::smoking::pass:

Back