Mephisto Genetics Atulip Sprouts Mephisto - Organic - LED

Ol @Atulip you got me...I took the 1200 to work and hacked it all up.... oh well. My aim is to create a bar of 4 or 5 cobs in a strain line that will be placed between the two rectangle shaped led panels and used during flower to boost the power in there.

From the video and your advice I can run 2 of the chips from each driver is this corrsct? I have a question and I can send pics if needed. I noticed some of the drivers have 1 output and some have 2 the ones with 2 one of the outputs goes to the fan. My design will have 3 fans running over the open heat sink.

When using the drivers with 2 outputs is each leg the same. For instance the driver with 2 outputs can I run the 2 cree cobs off 1 output and the fan off the other or will the output be split between the 2

Also when building the light if I go with the lower end cree will 4 be enough to boost the power like I want in Veg or would you suggest 5

Screenshot_2016-06-23-04-22-24-1-1.jpg

Basically this is the layout I'm going for after I build my fixture... does this seem like it will work?

I can post more pics of my fixture as I move along in the process if your interested in helping

Ripley's Og (Day 84) harvested. A bit light but looked pretty deficient lol. 89 days seed to harvest.
IMAG0060.jpg

Walter whites (Day 41, 34, 27) still all clawed up. Some starting to flower so not expecting big numbers. Need to try them in weaker soil in the future.
IMAG0055.jpg

24 Carats(Day 0, 13, 6) opposite of the Walters, they love full strength coots soil from seed(most seeds I've had do) middle will be potted soon.
IMAG0058.jpg

Skywalker (Day 52) buds pointing up. This is a good sign after super cropping?
IMAG0059.jpg

Ripley's Og (Day 84) harvested. A bit light but looked pretty deficient lol. 89 days seed to harvest.
View attachment 590687

Walter whites (Day 41, 34, 27) still all clawed up. Some starting to flower so not expecting big numbers. Need to try them in weaker soil in the future.
View attachment 590690

24 Carats(Day 0, 13, 6) opposite of the Walters, they love full strength coots soil from seed(most seeds I've had do) middle will be potted soon.
View attachment 590689

Skywalker (Day 52) buds pointing up. This is a good sign after super cropping?
View attachment 590688

That indeed is the best sign and you know you did it right, good job!!!!

Yeah I was surprised to see them perked up like that. I bent them pretty hard. Never done that before to an auto or photo period. But I'd worry more about my soil deficiencies causing problems before any heavy stress training. I've been topping them all(except this last batch of Walters, to see if they look a little better if left alone) heck I can't imagine what those Skylar's would be like if I hadn't topped them lol. They stretched like a mofo.
IMAG0062.jpg

A quick look at our SODK. (Day 78) this one is lovely. Big fat sticky tops and some beautiful fox tailing going on.
IMAG0063.jpg

The other has very pretty resinous flowers. But small and stunted. Looks to be iron deficient pretty bad? Too much purified water from the dehumidifier, not enough tap? I saw this before with an extra plant and led I gave to a friend. They had well water and it yielded tiny buds and iron deficient as well. (Was the same soil and strain as 4 others I had) still good smoke though.
IMAG0065.jpg

And the Chem City Blues look ripe for harvest. (And the sour stomper in the back looks dead(I fed her general organics bloom feeding, can't remember what soil she's in but it looks to be bad PH now,(the "forgot to lime" low ph soil) so high PH tap water probably would've been a better option))
IMAG0064.jpg

I've noticed I use () alot and make really long sentences.

@mephisto what's in the fantasmo express? I've been vaping it and walking on the moon. Euphoria galore, some rambling thoughts, good energy. This is a top knotch anxiety relief/social high, maybe a little less vapor and it'd make a pretty functional daytime "pick me up". I wanna run a couple sets of this again and try it in a big batch of tincture.

@Atulip those are looking good, yeah that is one of the main reasons I started growing in hydro because it was getting too difficult to gauge my soil(unless I was making it myself) especially with autos being so super finicky compared to photos I have to be able to control EVERYTHING!!! Oh and(I totally use () waaaaay more than I should) lol

Last edited:
I wasn't having any problems before with regular coots kit soil, and that's what the Skylar's are in(well 1.5x strength nutes I think) with 1/3 peat 1/3 worm castings 1/6 rice hulls 1/6 perlite for the base. The Walters did start the new base soil. 1/4 peat, 1/4 coco, 1/4 castings, 1/8 rice hulls, 1/8 perlite. Maybe the addition of coco is making too much nitrogen available or something? The 24Carats seem to be enjoying it though and I'll soon see how the SODK take to the coots soil as seedlings.

Definitely can't go back to hydro though. Too much work and the family have become snobs and accustomed to the quality organic smoke. :smoking:

Wowza @Trapper didn't know about that. I'm not accustomed to anything more potent than what I can grow (street "loud" here is just generic couch lock weed) I was a little disappointed with the bud density(partly my deficiencies to blame) but the quality of smoke is lovely. I've already taken a jar of the lowers to keep in the secret stash for myself lol. Definitely made my "grow this again" list. And she has a thick lemony tang when vaped.

Back