Dinafem Arty's Solo Cups, Random Autos & Fungi

Wow . Here I sit at 3 am and have had a amazing read . BLOODY SOLO POTS - I just have to have a go at it and now I have to go over @St. Tom posts

@Iriee Vibez we have to learn together mate . I had a heap of seeds turn up today . arty awesome mate . :slap:
Cheers buddy!:d5::smoking:
So i'll take that as a yes on the HSO solo Cup Challenge?
AS mentioned this will be announced late July/August time as mark is on a well deserved break!
Tom and i have been running in tandem with these solo cups and promoting the "Solo Cup Challenge"!
The more the merrier and we can all learn from each other how we grow!
I hope the organic guys work out new and interesting methods of growing, In fact I know you can do it!!
Last year was a resounding success but I unfortunately missed it due to circumstances.
Tom was the winner and his dry weight was 31 grams which great to see someone crack the 1 OZ mark!
The top prize was £500 to spend in a grow shop and I know Tom got some great products with his winnings!
Solo Cup growing is so much fun and addictive, plus you get to try more strains and get to have a nice collection of jars, with a different vape/smoke for every night of the week (if you grow enough strains that is)!
For me 2020 is going to be the year of the Solo Cup, I hope it will for you too!

Arty . I don't have any of Marks seeds , or can we use what we have got , if so yes I will be in . :thumbsup:

Arty . I don't have any of Marks seeds , or can we use what we have got , if so yes I will be in . :thumbsup:
Last time around I got sent free seeds, there maybe a limited number of places if that happens again but I'm sure anyone who has some HSO seeds can enter. This in no way is a promise or anything definite, we will have to wait for Dinafem-Mark to get back and fill us in on the details!
It will be Humbolt Seed Organisation challenge as last time it was a Dinafem Challenge (they are part of the same company)
This year HSO have released Chocolate Mint Auto and Cherry Bomb Auto , so I imagine it will be one of those strains!
On the other hand, you could do what Tom and I did and had our own Solo Cup grow off just for kicks!
Maybe start of a thread for organic growers and put your heads together to find an organic way to grow in solo cups or even make it a competition with winner gets bragging rights?
I just read your post on tom thread and I will say that any soil grown plants will be smaller than coco grown plants.
If you do grow in soil make it a light airy mix by adding perlite, seramis even some coco.
You could also do a organic coco grow.
Coco is a good substrate for solo cups because it is a hydro substrate that looks a bit like soil but isn't.
You could also use a lightly fertilized soil like Biobizz light mix and just use organic liquid feed as any soil you use will be such a small amount the nute will be used up quickly!
The pots will become root bound, this will make it difficult to water as there will be more root than space for water to drain through!
You will also find there comes a point the plant need feeding twice a day, best way to do this is by bottom feeding in a container that can hold the liquid nutrient.
I'd never make a good spy, I give away all my secrets lol

New update.
Solo's and cab girls today!
Solo's are mostly Critical Orange Punch as Spirit Walker and Ruby are basically done and don't look any different from last time.

Critical Orange Punch - The Tall One
DSCN6338 (FILEminimizer).jpg
DSCN6341 (FILEminimizer).jpg
DSCN6352 (FILEminimizer).jpg

DSCN6347 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Critical Orange Punch - The Short One
DSCN6357 (FILEminimizer).jpg
DSCN6358 (FILEminimizer).jpg
DSCN6361 (FILEminimizer).jpg
DSCN6363 (FILEminimizer).jpg

The cab girls in 8.5 liter pots and some cameos from the solo cup girls

Blue Treacle
DSCN6369 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Tangerine Dream
DSCN6371 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Tangerine Dream
DSCN6373 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Ruby to the left >> Blue Treacle in the middle >> Tangerine Dream to the right
DSCN6377 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Spirit walker to the left >> Ruby to the middle >> Blue Treacle to the right
DSCN6382 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Same line up as the picture above

DSCN6383 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Attachments

• DSCN6354 (FILEminimizer).jpg
    DSCN6354 (FILEminimizer).jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I took her out to clean up her lower leafy bits and to check there was enough air getting to all the lower buds.
She is getting very dense and the buds are getting closer together.
A time for vigilance to avoid bud rot!
All was fine,so no problem!
She keeps growing her tops, so for the meantime I will keep her going!
A selective harvest will happen at some point and then the lower budsited can fatten.
:jawdrop: Holy Poop Tea!! ...RT you naughty naughty boy, whatever you're doing in the dark with her,... keep it up! She's plump with sassy Goods- :kiss::rofl:
Seriously mate, that is some crazy blow-up, which I also see is getting shared with those Contender Solo's! :ladies:... Thanks you blaggard, for the Solo inferiority complex you have given me! - :crying: I'll never enter another deflating Solo Cup contest again! :dammit:
The other photo's are looking fab' as well,.. RT, do I see some purple on the TD?
:bighug:... fantastic growing my friend! What a hoot to see you swagger back in into action like this -:pimp:

:jawdrop: Holy Poop Tea!! ...RT you naughty naughty boy, whatever you're doing in the dark with her,... keep it up! She's plump with sassy Goods- :kiss::rofl:
Seriously mate, that is some crazy blow-up, which I also see is getting shared with those Contender Solo's! :ladies:... Thanks you blaggard, for the Solo inferiority complex you have given me! - :crying: I'll never enter another deflating Solo Cup contest again! :dammit:
The other photo's are looking fab' as well,.. RT, do I see some purple on the TD?
:bighug:... fantastic growing my friend! What a hoot to see you swagger back in into action like this -:pimp:
Thanks for the kind words bud!
I've been sharing everything I do, what I use & how I do it!
I keep no secrets, it's all on the table, if I can do it so can you!
I want everybody to grow is solo cups and get AFN to show the world we grow autos, like no one else!
It is the spirit of camaraderie and fun I want to promote and I hope you will enter the HSO solo cup challenge!
Tom and I have been doing all we can to get people interested in growing in solo cups!

There are no photos in my grow., they are all auto's.
The TD is a pinkish caramel is the closest I can get to describing her colour.
Ruby is a beautiful purple on her buds.
As soon as the brown bags arrive for drying, Spirit Walker and Ruby will be chopped.
Once Ruby's leaves are removed, we will see her true beauty.:dancer:
Honestly though , I lucked out with the strains I picked SPirit Walker & Ruby have had no training whatsoever, just amazing genetics thanks to Stone!!!
Critical Orange Punch was the creation of Dutch Passion and again no training.
The whole reason I am growing in Solo Cups is because I missed the last solo cup challenge due to security reason (hence my absence).
So I owe mark a diary grow as I received free beans for the last one!
The Critical Orange Punch (I should have done more research) I never realized was a Sativa, I just wanted to grow "Fruity" strains.
I don't think many people try sativas in solo cups and tend to use indicas because of the space issues with the roots!
Coco is the winner here though, it is a hydro substrate and if you want to grow big in a solo cup, that's the one to go for!
The other main factor is just keep them fed, twice daily feeding at the later stages, the rest the plants did.

Thanks for the kind words bud!
I've been sharing everything I do, what I use & how I do it!
I keep no secrets, it's all on the table, if I can do it so can you!
I want everybody to grow is solo cups and get AFN to show the world we grow autos, like no one else!
It is the spirit of camaraderie and fun I want to promote and I hope you will enter the HSO solo cup challenge!
Tom and I have been doing all we can to get people interested in growing in solo cups!

There are no photos in my grow., they are all auto's.
The TD is a pinkish caramel is the closest I can get to describing her colour.
Ruby is a beautiful purple on her buds.
As soon as the brown bags arrive for drying, Spirit Walker and Ruby will be chopped.
Once Ruby's leaves are removed, we will see her true beauty.:dancer:
Honestly though , I lucked out with the strains I picked SPirit Walker & Ruby have had no training whatsoever, just amazing genetics thanks to Stone!!!
Critical Orange Punch was the creation of Dutch Passion and again no training.
The whole reason I am growing in Solo Cups is because I missed the last solo cup challenge due to security reason (hence my absence).
So I owe mark a diary grow as I received free beans for the last one!
The Critical Orange Punch (I should have done more research) I never realized was a Sativa, I just wanted to grow "Fruity" strains.
I don't think many people try sativas in solo cups and tend to use indicas because of the space issues with the roots!
Coco is the winner here though, it is a hydro substrate and if you want to grow big in a solo cup, that's the one to go for!
The other main factor is just keep them fed, twice daily feeding at the later stages, the rest the plants did.
arty how you doing did you take any of your solo cups down I'm down to my final gorilla and 4 new girls anyhow i hope your well growbro

arty how you doing did you take any of your solo cups down I'm down to my final gorilla and 4 new girls anyhow i hope your well growbro
Hey Tom!
Solo Cups are down and so is Fruitcake for the most part!

Spirit Walker & Ruby Harvest
DSCN6413 (FILEminimizer).JPG
DSCN6408 (FILEminimizer).JPG
DSCN6389 (FILEminimizer).JPG
DSCN6402 (FILEminimizer).JPG
DSCN6416 (FILEminimizer).JPG
DSCN6435 (FILEminimizer).JPG

Fruitcake Harvest

DSCN6452 (FILEminimizer).JPG
DSCN6457 (FILEminimizer).JPG
DSCN6460 (FILEminimizer).JPG

Back