Dinafem Arty's Solo Cups, Random Autos & Fungi

Dr Fluff

Mighty Powerful, Cure Alls & Snake Oil Elixirs
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
yo arse
This is my diary for growing Dinafem Cookies Auto @Dinafem-Mark
I haven't grown in 9 month due to security reasons (building work in my house)
This is to make up for missing the Cookies Solo Cup challenge.
I promised Mark a diary so here it is.:hump:
I will grow in Seramis a clay gravel which is made like clay pebbles but it is like gravel; so is much smaller than pebbles.
I have never grown in it before but I bought it for the Solo Cup Challenge, so I may as well proceed as originally intended.
I will be using Dutch Pro nutrients along with additional amendments here and there.
They will also get foliar feed.

The Dinafem Cookies seed went into a shot glass on the 17/4/20 and had cracked by 18/4/20.
I meant to put it in damp tissue yesterday but got stoned and forgot to, I transferred it to damp tissue this morning 19/4/20
Time to let it grow a tap root and then into a horticultural sponge.
There is not much to see right now but as soon as it has a tap root I will take a picture.

Big thanks to Dinafem and to Dinafem-Mark for making this possible :bighug:

@St. Tom @Vapo I'm tagging in you guys as I think this will be interesting for you. Any others who want to tag along please do!!
I'm only a few days behind Tom, who is doing another go at cookies in a Solo cup, so it will be nice to have a buddy using the same strain and style at the same time!
Wish me luck!!
1587292720113.png
1587292723651.png
1587292726156.png
1587292731581.png
1587292739381.png
1587292741988.png

Last edited:
Ooooooohhhh I am in bro, cannot wait to see you and @St. Tom grow these, I am always surprised at how big Tom gets his solo's to go, I will be watching with interest bro, good luck.....:d5:

Ooooooohhhh I am in bro, cannot wait to see you and @St. Tom grow these, I am always surprised at how big Tom gets his solo's to go, I will be watching with interest bro, good luck.....:d5:
Cheers bro:cheers:
I will have a good read of Toms journal and no mistake, why not learn from the best....right?
Good to have you on board and look forward to you following my solo cup grow!
:pass:

Cheers bro:cheers:
I will have a good read of Toms journal and no mistake, why not learn from the best....right?
Good to have you on board and look forward to you following my solo cup grow!
:pass:
What lights will you be using dude?.....I recently moved over to LED.

Are you all top feeding as i do all mine that way but if ya wanna get creative also heres a pic of mine from last night i also noticed as small seedlings to some other strains they took a little longer to kick up a gear but as you know all strains and seedlings are differant
20200418_231229.jpg

What lights will you be using dude?.....I recently moved over to LED.
As I am in a 2' x 2' tent my SanLight S4W's won't fit.

So I using my 4 COB DIY grow light the parts were supplied for a test in the forums by Northern Grow Lights (NGL) who now trade as Horticulture Lighting Group (HGL) makers of the quantum Board.

Each cob is 75W and all four make a total power of 300W far more light than I need, so will be run at half power 150W.

Running the light like this is more efficient as the COB's aren't being driven as hard.

I did consider using my Vipar B2X3 in there but I recon the PPFD/W of the COB set up is higher, so will give better results.

I did see that you are using skyline LEDs and getting good results with it.

LED is everywhere these days and with the latest generation of SMD LED grow lights we are seeing even more commercial grows switching to them.

When I start up my 3' x 2' cab I of course be using my SanLight S4W's which have 1.81 PPFD/W, which is a really nice rating.

However everything is moving a quite a pace these days and LED's keep getting more efficient all the time, The ChilLED Growcraft X6 is getting a PPFD/W rating of 2.36 which is outrageous. It wouldn't fit in my cab though as it is designed to fit in a 4' x 4' tent and is a big unit made up of 6 LED bars using SMD chips, like the ones used in HLG's Quantum boards.

Last edited:
Are you all top feeding as i do all mine that way but if ya wanna get creative also heres a pic of mine from last night i also noticed as small seedlings to some other strains they took a little longer to kick up a gear but as you know all strains and seedlings are differant View attachment 1180548
I will indeed be top feeding.
My original plan was to use drip irrigation but I have gone off that idea.
I like to be hands on.
Looking nice Tom.
I will bring the seedling on in my PC case as i will be moving my other strains into the tent today.
I was planning to grow her in the PC case but all depending on how crowded the tent gets i may put her with the other girls.
I'll play it by ear.
She is only just starting to emerge
1587302602962.png
1587302252231.png
1587302600115.png

Dinafem Cookies Auto

Last edited:
I have 2x Spider Farmer SF1000 and a Skyline 400 in a 75cm x 75cm x 2m ...seems to be a sweetspot...I hope lol.

I have 2x Spider Farmer SF1000 and a Skyline 400 in a 75cm x 75cm x 2m ...seems to be a sweet spot...I hope lol.
I Like the Spider Farmer SF1000 and it has really good efficiency @ 1.96 PPF/W which beat my SanLight S4w's which only has a 1.81PPFD/W.

The only thing I didn't like about Spider Farmer SF1000 original release is it did not have proper dimming ( dimming was only possible by using a screwdriver and removing a cap to do it and if memory serves me right that screw was located at the bottom of the driver so you had to undo the driver from the light. This type of dimming was only ever meant for light set up).
However I think they have gone from an "A" driver to a "B" driver and it now has dimming, or you can buy the dimmer, I'll have to check!
All lights these days should have a dimming function for number of reasons.
I don't know much about the skyline though!
Those three lights in that space sounds like a perfect light to space ratio as I know the spider farmer SF1000 wil cover 45cm x 45 cm each in flower and the skyline fill in the extra light needed! Nice set up!

I Like the Spider Farmer SF1000 and it has really good efficiency @ 1.96 PPF/W which beat my SanLight S4w's which only has a 1.81PPFD/W.

The only thing I didn't like about Spider Farmer SF1000 original release is it did not have proper dimming ( dimming was only possible by using a screwdriver and removing a cap to do it and if memory serves me right that screw was located at the bottom of the driver so you had to undo the driver from the light. This type of dimming was only ever meant for light set up).
However I think they have gone from an "A" driver to a "B" driver and it now has dimming, or you can buy the dimmer, I'll have to check!
All lights these days should have a dimming function for number of reasons.
I don't know much about the skyline though!
Those three lights in that space sounds like a perfect light to space ratio as I know the spider farmer SF1000 wil cover 45cm x 45 cm each in flower and the skyline fill in the extra light needed! Nice set up!
thanks dude.. ...I appreciate your opinion on lights bro(and other things)....I know you know, if you know what I mean lol

Back