Dinafem Arty's Solo Cups, Random Autos & Fungi

You know, that I know what I know &, what you know, if you know what I mean lol!:haha:
Seriously though anytime bro, just here to help and lend a hand when needed.

This is my diary for growing Dinafem Cookies Auto @Dinafem-Mark
I haven't grown in 9 month due to security reasons (building work in my house)
This is to make up for missing the Cookies Solo Cup challenge.
I promised Mark a diary so here it is.:hump:
I will grow in Seramis a clay gravel which is made like clay pebbles but it is like gravel; so is much smaller than pebbles.
I have never grown in it before but I bought it for the Solo Cup Challenge, so I may as well proceed as originally intended.
I will be using Dutch Pro nutrients along with additional amendments here and there.
They will also get foliar feed.

The Dinafem Cookies seed went into a shot glass on the 17/4/20 and had cracked by 18/4/20.
I meant to put it in damp tissue yesterday but got stoned and forgot to, I transferred it to damp tissue this morning 19/4/20
Time to let it grow a tap root and then into a horticultural sponge.
There is not much to see right now but as soon as it has a tap root I will take a picture.

Big thanks to Dinafem and to Dinafem-Mark for making this possible :bighug:

@St. Tom @Vapo I'm tagging in you guys as I think this will be interesting for you. Any others who want to tag along please do!!
I'm only a few days behind Tom, who is doing another go at cookies in a Solo cup, so it will be nice to have a buddy using the same strain and style at the same time!
Wish me luck!!

Best of luck with this grow mate :thumbsup:

We had some great results in the Solo Cup Challenge thread :thumbsup:

Time to show us what you can do :headbang:

As with all Dinafem grows I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest :thumbsup:

Stay safe out there :bighug:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Cookies has popped it's head up & is now in a solo cup :woohoo1:
Ruby is up & in a solo cup, spirit walker is in horticultural sponge and as soon as it pops up it will go in a solo cup.
I dropped a Critical Orange punch in a shot glass and i'm waiting for it to crack!
So hopefully I will be doing 4 solo cup grows and 4 x 8.5 liter grows, if space gets cramped , then I have the 2' x 2' tent on stand by!
I have a busy week end in front of me, so won't be around much but will be back beginning of the week with full updates!
:bighug::pass:

Cookies has popped it's head up & is now in a solo cup :woohoo1:
Ruby is up & in a solo cup, spirit walker is in horticultural sponge and as soon as it pops up it will go in a solo cup.
I dropped a Critical Orange punch in a shot glass and i'm waiting for it to crack!
So hopefully I will be doing 4 solo cup grows and 4 x 8.5 liter grows, if space gets cramped , then I have the 2' x 2' tent on stand by!
I have a busy week end in front of me, so won't be around much but will be back beginning of the week with full updates!
:bighug::pass:
Howdi my brother i hope your well also i recon you will fall in love with these solos as you could run these in any space available and you can pull decent amounts from them. i posted in my thread a new gorilla to go with his sister

Howdi my brother i hope your well also i recon you will fall in love with these solos as you could run these in any space available and you can pull decent amounts from them. i posted in my thread a new gorilla to go with his sister
Hey bro @st.tom just in from the garden, totally glorious weather to get things done out there.
I hear you on the solo cups. the one i grew in my pc case was 10cm square and solo cups are 10 cm diameter, so the square pot was a little larger due to the shape but not as tall as a solo cup.
Sometime back I posted somewhere in the forums about doing a 16 cup grow. I called the auto olympics.
16 solo cups each a different strain and see which plant would be most impressive in a small pot, just a bit of fun but something I still wish to try.
4 solo cup grows will be a test run and to get my eye in so to speak.
Breeders often grow in small pots for selection purposes.
A quick question - how do you stop them toppling over?
I found this picture on the internet and this guy uses a board with nails in it but I'm sure there are better ways.
1587820104286.png

Hey bro @st.tom just in from the garden, totally glorious weather to get things done out there.
I hear you on the solo cups. the one i grew in my pc case was 10cm square and solo cups are 10 cm diameter, so the square pot was a little larger due to the shape but not as tall as a solo cup.
Sometime back I posted somewhere in the forums about doing a 16 cup grow. I called the auto olympics.
16 solo cups each a different strain and see which plant would be most impressive in a small pot, just a bit of fun but something I still wish to try.
4 solo cup grows will be a test run and to get my eye in so to speak.
Breeders often grow in small pots for selection purposes.
A quick question - how do you stop them toppling over?
I found this picture on the internet and this guy uses a board with nails in it but I'm sure there are better ways.
View attachment 1182760
a million per cent on the topping it seems to make a huge difference yield wise out of the ones i did

a million per cent on the topping it seems to make a huge difference yield wise out of the ones i did
A slight crossing of wires there Tom.
I ask about "Toppling" as in, when they fall over because they become top heavy and the base does not have enough surface area or weight to keep the plants upright!
How do you stop them falling over!

As for topping, good info to know, do you top at 5th node?

A slight crossing of wires there Tom.
I ask about "Toppling" as in, when they fall over because they become top heavy and the base does not have enough surface area or weight to keep the plants upright!
How do you stop them falling over!

As for topping, good info to know, do you top at 5th node?

this is a weird workaround a normal 15 ltr pot that i had coco in for ages i dug small holes for the cups to fit in that worked fine or even better
i gaffer taped another cup on a bamboo cane like in the pics that's both methods i used
20200324_151522.jpg

this is a weird workaround a normal 15 ltr pot that i had coco in for ages i dug small holes for the cups to fit in that worked fine or even better
i gaffer taped another cup on a bamboo cane like in the pics that's both methods i used
View attachment 1182770
Awesome! Thanks Tom!
I have some 15 liter auto pots like yours and plenty of canes. :thumbsup::thanks:

@Dinafem-Mark @Vapo @St. Tom

First peek at the young'uns in solo cups.
Of course I had to be different and use brown solo cups lol
Spirit walker and hopefully Critical Orange Punch autos will join them soon!
DSCN5627 (FILEminimizer).JPG

Ruby & Cookies :woohoo:

Last edited:
Back