Army of Dankness - Bruce's Budtastical Battlepalooza

Day 7 - Update
1723905915504.png

Duke sprouted a bit stunted, but seems to be getting better. Not bad enough to restart. I suspect evaporation could be messing with pH, so next watering should probably be just RO to offset.

Would be nice if I could remove that from the water usage data - i.e., right now plots are showing 'evaporation + plant usage'. But, I've also been fiddling with room RH, lighting, etc. Evaporation will be less noticeable in the data as plant usage becomes bigger.

1723906682130.png

Otherwise, I switched lights to 100% and got room T/RH to the point where I'm comfortable removing domes.

Also, checked and compared leaf temps between plants a couple times - I've always wondered if / what 'non-VPD' conclusions you could deduce from that data.

Lol - thx blue!

In my other life, I tend to write a lot of technical procedures, high-level plan documents, etc. I figure I'll use this grow-around to eventually write up a grow manual / guide. Not so much a 'this is the best way to grow' guide....more of a 'here's how to overcomplicate completely average grow methods to ensure reasonably decent results' manual. I think there's maybe some use for that somewhere for someone at some time.
Since it looks like you may work in a related area, how about putting together a home grower cannabis GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices; pharmaceutical manufacturing-grade or other best-attainable standards) growing guide?

Since it looks like you may work in a related area, how about putting together a home grower cannabis GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices; pharmaceutical manufacturing-grade or other best-attainable standards) growing guide?
willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-warner-bros.gif

LOL - that's basically exactly what I'm doing. I just haven't said that out loud yet, because I wasn't sure if people would know what that meant.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

View attachment 1700705

LOL - that's basically exactly what I'm doing. I just haven't said that out loud yet, because I wasn't sure if people would know what that meant.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:
There could even be commercial opportunities here. Sooner or later, hopefully, etc. states or the federal government will allow home growers to sell their stuff (much like tobacco has a long history of being legally grown by individuals in VA/NC and sold at local auctions to licensed interstate processors). This could involve local "farmers markets, " growers otherwise selling directly to consumers, growers cooperatives, and/or individuals selling to local dispensaries and processors (such as concentrate makers). There will need to be for standards, likely licensing, or at least aspirational goals and guidelines for individual growers to allow these products to be seen on the same footing, be considered (and documented) as 'safe' and consistent as the regulated commercial growers.

Last edited:
Reactions: UHF
Project Updates:

Deactivated the off-site Drive link. Replaced link to drive folder in OP with link to an AFN blog page.

That will be used to draft and publish a final report and/or single page datasheet at the end of each grow.

I call this approach:
napoleondynamite-dance-growsheets.gif

An example (under development) is below:

This way, forum thread is used as normal / typical during a grow. Over the course of a grow, the report and datasheet elements, components, and content can be completed / changed / modified / added based on community feedback.

At the end of the grow, the datasheet is 'finalized' to summarize the results. No more having to scroll through forum pages and threadmarks after the fact - people can just go to OP and find links to the final results & summaries. Cross-linking back to the forum thread allows people to dig into the details and/or join any on-going discussion if they want.

I'm thinking of a simple one-page summary / datasheet almost as a storefront or catalog page - let people click through those when trying to decide on next beans to pop.

Plus, this way, breeders get simpler / easier feedback and data, etc.

Actual grow updates:

Duke and RBF doing fine. Skipped a feed (RO only). I'll post pics on Friday.

Starting a second 'mini-battle' grow with @Sawney_bean Deadite vs. Lecter. I'll have a real journal update later / intro later.

Nerdy stuff:

So, I think we've (or, at least I've) been confusing myself because of the term 'blog' vs 'journal' and thinking 'blog' or 'forum thread'. The answer is really - Grow journal as a development log in the form of a forum thread to provide a basis for determining and/or assuring the reliability of final reported data and conclusions, as contained in a webpage created using the AFN blog platform. I.e., it's not either / or, it's forum + webpage. You're welcome.

Now, if only the Xenforo blog functionality / platform / interface didn't make me want to murder everything...

Day 14 - Update New
@Frankthetank @Mañ'O'Green @Lil Dab

What do you think about the cupping on RBF? Too much?

I haven't had a fan in there - just hot stagnant air? Otherwise, trying to decide feed as planned (50%) or just irrigate (RO)?

1724436517712.png

20240823_095512.jpg

Yeah I would think just too high of temp how hot is it getting in there? How much light is she getting? :shrug::pass:

Reactions: UHF
Lemme check...

~83-85F in the overall room, but that's away from the plants and lights themselves. Maybe 90-ish near the plants? I'll take a look next time lights come on. I hadn't moved a fan in yet, so that'll help if that's what it was.

Lights - 20/4 @ 18-in 14-in - Looks like I started a bit lower than thought and they've grown into them a bit. That plus 20/4 may be pushing them.

1724438984655.png

:pass:Lemme check...

~83-85F in the overall room, but that's away from the plants and lights themselves. Maybe 90-ish near the plants? I'll take a look next time lights come on. I hadn't moved a fan in yet, so that'll help if that's what it was.

Lights - 20/4 @ 18-in 14-in - Looks like I started a bit lower than thought and they've grown into them a bit. That plus 20/4 may be pushing them.

View attachment 1702115

90’s is not awful but little warm hopefully the fan makes the difference.

How many watts is the light and how strong you running it? Do you use DLI?

How many watts is the light and how strong you running it? Do you use DLI?
450W for 2-ft x 4-ft. I haven't bothered with DLI / PPFD since starting out, when it was 'crappy cell phone apps' vs. '$300 ppfd meters'. It's just got two switches to go 50% / 100% - no dimmer.

I'll feed 50% as planned. Then, if fan / light improvements don't help, do water-only next feed.

Back