Army of Dankness - Bruce's Budtastical Battlepalooza

R1-D42 / M1-D28 New
Duke vs. RBF

Had to stake / trellis the Duke and prune some of the lower colas - just way too stretchy and hollow this early. Although, they seem to be beefing up as stretch ends. RBF is already starting to puff-ball.

When they get this tall, I typically LST-spiral them around the trellis and then HST and support off the stakes if need be. That way, I can still rotate / remove them from the tent if I have to.

Picked up an extra AC Infinity tent fan (but probably should've gotten four). Keeping the blown COB over the Duke for the rest of the grow.
Next grow(s), I should probably try intentionally reducing lighting / nitrogen during stretch to see if they stay shorter - I may prefer that over the extra yield. If/when I replace the light, leaning towards Migro Aray , Atreum Hydra, or HLP Rspec - but, I already blew this grow budget on side projects.

RBF is looking like a GD monster, though - diameter of main stalk is twice that of Duke.

1726943311410.png

1726943344746.png

Deadite vs. Lecter

Doing well and starting to stretch. Pics I've seen make these look tall and sparse to begin with, so I reduced N and lighting hrs a bit since my plants tend to be stretchier than most. Progress-wise, they still look like normal 90-day plants. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next month.

1726943365584.png
1726943396031.png

Project Updates

So, the Lil' Buddy couldn't really keep up once I increased the water removal amounts - as expected. But, I planned to use a consumer-grade wine fridge anyways. Had to re-order off amazon, so should arrive next week.

But, on the other hand, I found a way to control humidity in automated dryers without an external drain or sponge for condensate management:

1727269351510.png

And, turns out, you can also use household materials to make a macro-encapsulated PCM for thermal energy storage to support and/or replace thermoelectric heating and cooling during automated drying and curing. You just need a lot of it if you're going to use standard consumer-grade materials:

1727270009648.png

Lol. Damn. Thank you - that compliment hits me kinda deep.

I've always wanted to re-write this:

"Zen and the Art of Bruce Campbell" has a nice ring to it. In today's market, I think it'd have to be a cross-platform combo of written articles, powerpoint lecture videos, and podcasts. And spreadsheets, of course. Maybe some Venn diagrams, too, if I'm feelin' saucy....
That is a great book! And a great idea! Id read it!

R1-D48 / M1-D34 New
Duke vs. RBF

All quiet on the cannabis front - just daily rotation and training to try to keep them away from the lights. RBF could use a trim and haircut.

Will probably give them another 2 weeks or so before I switch to bloom feed (i.e., cut nitrogen).

1727462922010.png

1727462995353.png

Deadite vs. Lecter

Sawney's are starting to get fun, though. They seem to have started sexing in the middle of stretch. Or, I've been intentionally keeping lights low to limit stretch - maybe I ran right past it. Will be interesting to see what happens next grow-around if I control them better.

1727462892747.png
1727463034148.png

Other Project Updates

Wine fridge finally arrived, so time to start playing around with that. I found a way to get it to automatically upload temp / RH to a google spreadsheet. ESP32's are frickin' cool, man.

Eventually, I'll probably modify my plant scales to do the same. But, I need to buy a new 3d printer first. I should probably start graphing cash flows during my grows...

Project Updates

Unmodified wine fridge:

1727974009602.png

Wine fridge + Lil Buddy v0.3:

1727976907818.png

1727976945253.png

First half shows how it responds without any product - e.g., opening door, turning off fridge, etc. For second half, I added strawberries to model actually drying a product ("Open / Add Product"). Wasn't sure they were really drying at first, so I later added a cup of standing water ("Add Water"). But, when I checked the next day ("Remove Water"), it had removed 63g (54% weight) from the strawberries and 7g (6% wt) from the water cup over 17 hrs. That gives a net rate of 99 g/day - should be on track to work well enough. If nothing else, great way to make fruit leather.

Back