Army of Dankness - Bruce's Budtastical Battlepalooza

This is so far above my head I can't hear the engine, but I'll read it a couple of times and maybe.. Thank you for your effort
Thanks Azton!

No worries - I'm sorta jumping back mid-stream into another grow journal that I abandoned for a while and also skipping the upfront intro / daily pics of most journals. Instead, I'm gonna try a hybrid approach where I put related info in another format so the actual forum thread can be more conversational.

For example, if you just want to see my grow set-up, I added a sheet for that in the off-site grow report file. Over time, the hope is that newcomers could skip right to that page instead of having to navigate through pages of GIFs, etc. Kind of a combination / tweak of the "grow journal as forum thread" and "grow journal as blog" formats that AFN has.

It'll be confusing for readers as a grow is in-progress (always a good sign!), but hopefully easier for readers to navigate the major info after the grow is completed.

Thanks Azton!

No worries - I'm sorta jumping back mid-stream into another grow journal that I abandoned for a while and also skipping the upfront intro / daily pics of most journals. Instead, I'm gonna try a hybrid approach where I put related info in another format so the actual forum thread can be more conversational.

For example, if you just want to see my grow set-up, I added a sheet for that in the off-site grow report file. Over time, the hope is that newcomers could skip right to that page instead of having to navigate through pages of GIFs, etc. Kind of a combination / tweak of the "grow journal as forum thread" and "grow journal as blog" formats that AFN has.

It'll be confusing for readers as a grow is in-progress (always a good sign!), but hopefully easier for readers to navigate the major info after the grow is completed.
You can use the threadsmark feature to tag your stuff to make it easier to flip through

You can use the threadsmark feature to tag your stuff to make it easier to flip through

Thanks JP! I found a post by Mossy over in cultivator's club for diary templates/when best to use threadmarks. I'll do something similar for each stage.

(Just copying Mossy's content here for my notes)

• Grow Journal Threadmark Milestones (new in 2022!)

You will be expected to give detailed updates on 7 major growth milestones in your grow from seed to harvest in the created communal thread:

1. Germination
    2. Sex
    3. Early Flower
    4. Mid Flower
    5. Late Flower
    6. Harvest
    7. Buds
    8. (OPTIONAL) Grow Terminated

Bruce when he gets his feed chart figured out.

bubbahotep.gif

Day 0 - Germination
Seeds finally sprouted today. Took a day or so longer than I'm used to. I just plant in place and haven't had any issues yet - at least not enough to switch over to paper towel method. Not the best method, but below is what I do for each new bean:

Germination

Stage Definition
  • Includes preparation and conditioning of grow containers and media
  • Day -X = Days before Day 0
  • Day 0 = First day of above-ground shoot (or day of transplanting)
Preparation
  • Clean and prep grow area
  • Fill bags with media
  • Record dry weight of filled bags (and drip trays, etc)
  • Irrigate bags with nursing solution
    • Grow Formula - 50-75% strength
    • Fill to saturation + run-off
  • Drain / sit for 1-2 hrs. Measure saturated weights.
  • Sit for 0-7 days
Planting
  • Measure current wet weight
  • Re-saturate with nursing solution as needed
  • Form irrigation trough (~1-in deep) at mid-diameter
  • Form slightly raised (~¼-in) mound at center
  • Drill approximately 1-in deep
  • Plant seed
Germination
  • Use grow lights on standard timing and distance to warm soil
  • Irrigate as needed
    • Pure RO/DI or 25%-50% nursing solution
    • Apply with pipette to avoid disturbing soil
    • Avoid applying directly on top of planted seed
    • Keep soil moist (to counteract evaporation) but not saturated
    • Approximately 10-30 mL daily
  • Sprouting should occur in 2-4 days
  • May need to remove seed shell if shell hangs on cotyledon

Stage Definition
  • Includes preparation and conditioning of grow containers and media
  • Day -X = Days before Day 0
  • Day 0 = First day of above-ground shoot (or day of transplanting)

Preparation
  • Clean and prep grow area
  • Fill bags with media
  • Record dry weight of filled bags (and drip trays, etc)
  • Irrigate bags with nursing solution
    • Grow Formula - 50-75% strength
    • Fill to saturation + run-off
  • Drain / sit for 1-2 hrs. Measure saturated weights.
  • Sit for 0-7 days

Planting
  • Measure current wet weight
  • Re-saturate with nursing solution as needed
  • Form irrigation trough (~1-in deep) at mid-diameter
  • Form slightly raised (~¼-in) mound at center
  • Drill approximately 1-in deep
  • Plant seed

Germination
  • Use grow lights on standard timing and distance to warm soil
  • Irrigate as needed
    • Pure RO/DI or 25%-50% nursing solution
    • Apply with pipette to avoid disturbing soil
    • Avoid applying directly on top of planted seed
    • Keep soil moist (to counteract evaporation) but not saturated
    • Approximately 10-30 mL daily
  • Sprouting should occur in 2-4 days
  • May need to remove seed shell if shell hangs on cotyledon

holy-shit-balls-omg.gif

:rofl: The devil's in the detail!!

Good luck with the little one ^_^

holy-shit-balls-omg.gif

:rofl: The devil's in the detail!!

Good luck with the little one ^_^
Lol - thx blue!

In my other life, I tend to write a lot of technical procedures, high-level plan documents, etc. I figure I'll use this grow-around to eventually write up a grow manual / guide. Not so much a 'this is the best way to grow' guide....more of a 'here's how to overcomplicate completely average grow methods to ensure reasonably decent results' manual. I think there's maybe some use for that somewhere for someone at some time.

Lol - thx blue!

In my other life, I tend to write a lot of technical procedures, high-level plan documents, etc. I figure I'll use this grow-around to eventually write up a grow manual / guide. Not so much a 'this is the best way to grow' guide....more of a 'here's how to overcomplicate completely average grow methods to ensure reasonably decent results' manual. I think there's maybe some use for that somewhere for someone at some time.
I'm just messing - I used to go into huge detail, more as a future reference for myself for the next grow!

Some people are just naturally technical and love getting into the broader details, and some like to keep it very simple. Both ways work awesomely with a good setup and experience!

And yeah, people wioll definately find it useful! :pass::bighug:

Lol - thx blue!

All of the sudden I understand this thread 😅 Thank you sir for clearing it out.

Day 3 - Microgreens
Still pretty much just bags of dirt:

1723589637011.png

I started outlining some articles in the offsite Drive folder, and building out the grow report spreadsheet to include T/RH and fertigation log sheets. Even put together my first graph!

1723589848838.png

Back