Indoor Army of Dankness - Bruce's Blueberries

We have had access in CA for quite a while. I have used a lab several times, $60 is a good price. I think I paid $90 the last time. I have to be really curious to spend that kind of money.

I could always buy my own:

:biggrin:

You weren't around to see @420autoflower grow some amazing plants. These plants and his method will blow your stats into oblivion.

It is not just nutrition but method and skill level is integral to the results.

We can all learn from this Master Grower. I am just too lazy to do that much work.
Lol… thanks @Mañ'O'Green. :toke:

On a side note - I was just googling local cannabis test labs. There's now a few in my state that are an hr or two away that offer testing for individual growers (vs. corporate / commercial clients).

Looks like a basic cannabinoid / potency test would cost about $60 plus the drive there and back. Still a bit impractical, but I'm tempted for my next grow.
Depending where you live, there are grow shops and hydro stores that do testing also

Depending where you live, there are grow shops and hydro stores that do testing also
Yeah - the closest one to me is just a grow shop, not a real lab.

Annoying part is no shipping / mailing of samples, have to drive them there. Closest one to me would still be 3-hr round trip since traffic in my area is horrible. c'est la vie...
Ok spent 5K to save $60 :shrug:
:crying: If you do that we may be sending our samples to you.
Here's a start-up idea for you ---:woohoo:---- mobile THC testing!

I'm sure some of the lower accuracy / bench-top equipment could be set-up in the back of a cargo van.
And, on my down-time, I could hand out candy to children!

I have a mobile tester already

Dabs Label.gif :lildab::rofl:

@Mañ'O'Green - maybe you can get me started in the right direction.

I'll need to buy more fertilizer for next grow and - in my quest to be as non-brand-specific as possible - I'd like to eventually move towards a blend based on just basic individual chemicals (calcium nitrate, MKP, etc).

Would I have to worry about micros then? Where would I get them from in that case?

I'd be trying not to rely on organic soil amendments like earthworm castings, etc.

Do you think my peat itself would have enough for the grow, or should I look for some other dry supplement with micros listed on the GA label?

E.g., build a formulation based off of something like MC's Sea-K?

@Mañ'O'Green - maybe you can get me started in the right direction.

I'll need to buy more fertilizer for next grow and - in my quest to be as non-brand-specific as possible - I'd like to eventually move towards a blend based on just basic individual chemicals (calcium nitrate, MKP, etc).

Would I have to worry about micros then? Where would I get them from in that case?

I'd be trying not to rely on organic soil amendments like earthworm castings, etc.

Do you think my peat itself would have enough for the grow, or should I look for some other dry supplement with micros listed on the GA label?

E.g., build a formulation based off of something like MC's Sea-K?

Yes, you absolutely need to provide the micro elements. The most difficult deficiencies to diagnose are the ones caused by micro-nutrients. Most of the products out there and there are many will provide what you need. I like and use Earth Juice Micro Blast and recommend this often to growers having strange deficiencies. If you use MC 2 part it will have what you need.

MEGA CROP uses Organic Amino Acid Chelated trace elements.​

Organic Amino Acid Chelated trace elements are essential trace elements delivered to your crops in a new way that will provide increase absorption, quality and harvest yields, while avoiding toxic EDTA issues.

Yes, you absolutely need to provide the micro elements. The most difficult deficiencies to diagnose are the ones caused by micro-nutrients. Most of the products out there and there are many will provide what you need. I like and use Earth Juice Micro Blast and recommend this often to growers having strange deficiencies. If you use MC 2 part it will have what you need.

Organic Amino Acid Chelated trace elements are essential trace elements delivered to your crops in a new way that will provide increase absorption, quality and harvest yields, while avoiding toxic EDTA issues.

Cool - that helps get me started.

Yeah, I've normally just relied on MC Part A or some other mfger's 'grow' blend (e.g., NPK RAW Grow) to provide the micros. But, never paid too much attention besides just 'make sure there are some micros and whatever they have should be enough'.

Basically, right now, I'm looking at either:
a) Going back to MC 2-part (+ MC Sweet Candy and potassium silicate),
b) Continuing with my most recent blend based on what I have on hand (which is NPK RAW Grow, my remaining MC 2-part Part B, MC Sweet Candy, Epsom Salts, and Potassium Silicate), or
c) Finding a new / more generic combo for this next grow (since I'm running out of my RAW Grow sample packs)

I'll take a look this weekend and let you know what I land on.

I can't find a convincing enough reason to move away from MC 2-part (for me for now), so I rebought from them.

Spent the day dusting off my old notes and spreadsheets and trying to remember how they worked. Luckily, I found my old write-up in the AFN archives (here)

After updating for their new GAs, here's where I landed for next grow:

1722655841322.png

Back