Indoor Army of Dankness - Bruce's Blueberries

Batch 1 - Day 30
12-03-2021_B1_D30_All.jpg

- Day 30 - Doing surprisingly well, considering I'm intentionally trying to overfeed them...

- Snapped one of the top colas on #2 about halfway through while training. Grow tip is still alive, but the fan leaves are dying off for that cola.

- They've been on the full 100% Veg formula for the past week (~900 ppm-500). Reasonably dark green leaves, but doesn't seem to be too much N so far. Some random yellowing on a few bottom leaves, but that may just be left-over feed splash from early on.

- Haven't been focusing much on RH, which has been pretty low while they've been in the closet. Will probably move them over to the tent this weekend (finally).

- Xmas travel is going to be a challenge. Ordered materials to put together some cheap wifi-controlled drip buckets, so we'll see how those work out.

1638554123809.png

Batch 1 - Day 44
12-17-2021_B1_D44_All.jpg

- Day 44 - Moved them into the main tent. Looks like they are just starting to stretch.

- Still no issues from feed levels, although a decent amount of yellowing / wilting leaves on bottom. But, from last grow, I think this is normal for my setup - just the bottom leaves wilting and dying off from getting no light.

- As far as perpetual grow - I had been hoping to fit "2 adults + 2 juveniles" in the tent. But, after topping these first two, they've spread out to take up all the tent space. So, I may just go to a straight "2 at a time" grow schedule going forward.

- I should be switching to the bloom formula soon, but I'm also going on travel for a week for the holidays. Not sure how well my low-budget drip setup will work - I may end up killing them while I'm away. We'll see how well they do, but I may just keep these two on the same veg formula for the entire grow, or wait until I get back to switch formulas.

- Day 44 - Moved them into the main tent. Looks like they are just starting to stretch.

- Still no issues from feed levels, although a decent amount of yellowing / wilting leaves on bottom. But, from last grow, I think this is normal for my setup - just the bottom leaves wilting and dying off from getting no light.

- As far as perpetual grow - I had been hoping to fit "2 adults + 2 juveniles" in the tent. But, after topping these first two, they've spread out to take up all the tent space. So, I may just go to a straight "2 at a time" grow schedule going forward.

- I should be switching to the bloom formula soon, but I'm also going on travel for a week for the holidays. Not sure how well my low-budget drip setup will work - I may end up killing them while I'm away. We'll see how well they do, but I may just keep these two on the same veg formula for the entire grow, or wait until I get back to switch formulas.
It would be a shame to lose those now. I hope the drip works!

I would think that a nice heavy watering would carry them through a week. They will be super thirsty when you get home though.

I wanna see the drip system. I saw a ~cheap wifi dripper on amazon or something, we be interesting to see what you got set up and how well it does.

Nice plants too

12-20-2021_B1_Drip Setup.jpg

My drip set-up is just a 5-gal bucket for each plant with an added tap, a 110V solenoid on a wifi smart-outlet plug, and whatever tubing I had lying around to go from 1/2-in to 1/4-in. No special drip nozzles or rings for the plants.

I checked pH drift of my feed over a week, and then measured the flow rate vs. time. I'll auto-schedule the solenoids to open every day for a set amount of time (~5-15 mins). The main thing is that I gave each plant a heavy pruning and will reduce light hours ~25% to reduce overall transpiration.

Long-term, I'd eventually want an Arduino-based set-up with load cells (vs. conductivity meters) for an automated set-up, but this should work well enough for a temporary setup. They may need a bit of loving when I get back, but should at least survive. But, it just throws a bit of a wrench into a grow that I wanted to be as consistent as possible so I could compare feed formulations...

My drip set-up is just a 5-gal bucket for each plant with an added tap, a 110V solenoid on a wifi smart-outlet plug, and whatever tubing I had lying around to go from 1/2-in to 1/4-in. No special drip nozzles or rings for the plants.

I checked pH drift of my feed over a week, and then measured the flow rate vs. time. I'll auto-schedule the solenoids to open every day for a set amount of time (~5-15 mins). The main thing is that I gave each plant a heavy pruning and will reduce light hours ~25% to reduce overall transpiration.

Long-term, I'd eventually want an Arduino-based set-up with load cells (vs. conductivity meters) for an automated set-up, but this should work well enough for a temporary setup. They may need a bit of loving when I get back, but should at least survive. But, it just throws a bit of a wrench into a grow that I wanted to be as consistent as possible so I could compare feed formulations...
That is a lot better than you lead me to believe :haha: They stand a good chance with that set-up.

:goodluck:

They're Alive!!!
Bad News: I was in a rush finishing the final setup before heading to the airport (read: high as a mf-er) and messed up configuring the timers for the smart outlets. So, I kinda ended up dumping all 10 gal from my drip system into the tent on the first day.

Good News: I didn't start an electrical fire and didn't trip my GFCI, so the light kept working the entire time. I lowered the light timer to only give 8-10 hrs of light/day to keep them from using too much water.

Better News: Gorilla gives you a little foldable "drip tray" insert with their tents made out of the same canvas material as the tent...turns out that is actually water tight and held all 10 gallons, so I didn't flood my apartment. My tower fan even kept working...

Best News: They sucked every last drop of water out of the bag saucer trays, but they're alive! They're even looking surprisingly green and healthy for having almost no light and water for a week:

12-28-21_B1_All.jpg

12-28-21_B1_Flood_Closeup.jpg

Wow Bruce you dodged a bullet there :d5:

I have a flood tray as the floor of my grow space. It holds all of the water my closed system can release. It has come in handy twice since I built out the space. It will hold 45 gallons and the top-off tank is 35 gallons.

DSC00337.JPGDSC00347.JPG

Wow Bruce you dodged a bullet there :d5:

I have a flood tray as the floor of my grow space. It holds all of the water my closed system can release. It has come in handy twice since I built out the space. It will hold 45 gallons and the top-off tank is 35 gallons.

View attachment 1401896View attachment 1401897
@Mañ'O'Green

I was considering using an actual drip / flood tray when I first started. But, between price and finding something just the right size for a 2'x4' tent, I eventually gave up looking.

Where'd you get your tray? What was it sold as / called? I may have just been using poor keywords in my google searches...

Back