Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, I notice a lot of people say 'Don't use synthetic fertilizers, they kill off beneficial soil fungus and bacteria" and I bought into that for a while, but recently I read an article that explained that even if you do harm your soil bacteria, those colonies are capable of doubling in size every 20 minutes, so within a few hours, they will normalize.

That lead me to read a few other actual scholarly journals on the subject of synthetic fertilizers and bacteria/fungus, and in all 3 of teh papers I read, the same results were observed: bacteria colonies were not significantly affected by synthetic fertilizers, and fungus colonies consistently increased when exposed to synthetic fertilizers.

I can see why OVERfertilizing might harm these bacteria/fungi, but even in those instances, a good flush would create a growing environment where the bacteria/fungus levels should return to normal within a few hours/a day (depending on how bad you overfertilize).

Can anybody show me any actual scholarly evidence that synthetic fertilizers, used properly, harm soil bacteria/fungus, or can I safely retire this myth into the "old wives tale aka crunchy granola vegan with just enough info to sound knowledgeable" drawer?

Now all the Presents are wrapped.....How about a little [HASHTAG]#showusyerbud[/HASHTAG]

Christmas Day Reserve

Caramel Bud 02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back