Extraction archie has a bash at a tincture

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
are you special?
part one of...many
hi and :welcome: this may well take the form of a tutorial but by no means should you follow an eejit.
a full coshhh assesment has been carried out.steel toe cap sandals,safety squints and dear old mother is on speed dial.
iso (isopropanol alcohol) is no good,dont ever drink it.we can get that easy and cheapish to 99.9% but that is for iso hash not for a tincture.
need drink everyclear is as rare as hens teeth here (uk) found half a bottle on ebay £75 they can piss off.
so found thedrinkshop on tinternet £50 for this stuff
88% vodka.JPG

some material i have 21g of manbearalienpig mbap and 8.5g of trident special fluffy popcorn buds 5g of dry sift mix of both strains.
not sure about the lil tub if i should use or not,very whispy quite a few budlet twigs with them lil booblets on them.
29.7g fluff 5g hash  unknown budlet twigs.JPG

i will be decarbing in the oven inside the kilner jars to try and eleminate smells.not sure on temp and times as yet.
thats as far as ive got,more before the weekend.
:pighug:

part one of...many
hi and :welcome: this may well take the form of a tutorial but by no means should you follow an eejit.
a full coshhh assesment has been carried out.steel toe cap sandals,safety squints and dear old mother is on speed dial.
iso (isopropanol alcohol) is no good,dont ever drink it.we can get that easy and cheapish to 99.9% but that is for iso hash not for a tincture.
need drink everyclear is as rare as hens teeth here (uk) found half a bottle on ebay £75 they can piss off.
so found thedrinkshop on tinternet £50 for this stuff
View attachment 880117
some material i have 21g of manbearalienpig mbap and 8.5g of trident special fluffy popcorn buds 5g of dry sift mix of both strains.
not sure about the lil tub if i should use or not,very whispy quite a few budlet twigs with them lil booblets on them.View attachment 880116
i will be decarbing in the oven inside the kilner jars to try and eleminate smells.not sure on temp and times as yet.
thats as far as ive got,more before the weekend.
Will they decarb in the jars? If so that's a good way, I put my glass pan in a turkey bag and fold it under. That works good not much smell if any. I thought of using the jars but was afraid they might break if pressure got to high. Then again I guess they are boiled.

Will they decarb in the jars? If so that's a good way, I put my glass pan in a turkey bag and fold it under. That works good not much smell if any. I thought of using the jars but was afraid they might break if pressure got to high. Then again I guess they are boiled.

remember though...they are boiled with the lids off!!

in theory yes.a pressure change was a concern to me,but as no steam/gas will be coming off the buds there shouldnt be much if any of a pressure change.i have seen videos of folks jerry rigging a mason jar into a vac chamber pulling nearly 29hg,as temps will be low so will any pressure,im sure to be well within the limits.
john befelo has lots of vids on all sorts a smart cookie,its just that when he starts to talk i fall asleep.

some geezer

i cant decarb like the way i did last time or il be handing myself in at the cop shop before they come get me.

part 2 of ....more
took the lil ladyparts and whisps off the twigs another 5.5g that takes the total to 35.34g didnt use the dry sift have another project lined up for that.
IMG_5055.JPG

candy thermometer
IMG_5059.JPG

fits in a jar
IMG_5061.JPG

in the oven for 10mins
IMG_5062.JPG

check the temps 250f as the bud was in a jar i thought it may take an extra min or two to warm up so gave it 25mins.
not completely smell proof,but very little smell and kept well inside of the kitchen,no fans didnt want the back garden reaking either.no shitting of pants this time.
let to cool down gave the buds a bit of a scrunch up and added 375ml of booze from the freezer.big shake and back in the freezer.
edit...
a good 30sec shake every 8-12 hours then back in the freezer.

Last edited:
part 2 of ....more
took the lil ladyparts and whisps off the twigs another 5.5g that takes the total to 35.34g didnt use the dry sift have another project lined up for that.
View attachment 880330
candy thermometer
View attachment 880331
fits in a jar
View attachment 880332
in the oven for 10mins
View attachment 880333
check the temps 250f as the bud was in a jar i thought it may take an extra min or two to warm up so gave it 25mins.
not completely smell proof,but very little smell and kept well inside of the kitchen,no fans didnt want the back garden reaking either.no shitting of pants this time.
let to cool down gave the buds a bit of a scrunch up and added 375ml of booze from the freezer.big shake and back in the freezer.
edit...
a good 30sec shake every 8-12 hours then back in the freezer.
Have to ask, why do we need to shake so much? Mine is only like 30g's in a 32oz jar ground to about dust lol. I know you want as much to come off in alcohol, but if it sit for 3 months do I really need to shake twice a day. The more I shake it the more stuff gets stuck to the sides lol. If you shook well at the end of that time wouldn't it all come off anyway? Not hatin' just sayin', if it works go and do it. I think I'm gonna let mine chill in the deep chill and see how strong it gets. If I can simplify it in anyway I will. More of remembering to do it being the problem but here is a chance to see if it is a factor. I don't think it will be, now if it wasn't ground up I think that would make a big difference.

Back