Indoor archie gemmill's trophy cabinet

I have a reptile heat pad mounted to the wall at pot height. It warms the pot it's near which helps heat the space. It's only 20watts but warms things up pretty good and a 2' greenhouse heater from Screwfix.

Sent from my comfy chair
[emoji41][emoji2956][emoji848][emoji12][emoji42]

if ya can get to the half way mark,you will like the 2nd half better :jointman:

something to drink the morning tea with :coffee:
nice voice, wasn't familiar - listening to more now :coffee: with another tea

about to order a tube heater for the cupboard myself, just need to bump it up a couple degrees. just one external wall in mine, but it's the long side.
i feel like i half arsed my cupboard by just painting it flat white...should've insulated and covered with mylar really :shrug:

girls look great, really digging the nuggets, few more weeks you could stick an angel on the top and make it ya Xmas tree :thumbsup:

just a bit of drivvel today
View attachment 969490 i can never remember how much headroom i have so drew a picture with added numbers.
the shelf that the light hangs from could be knocked out for 45cm extra.but its handy as it has the fan/filter socket extension,speed controler,timers.there is 2 plugs on the floor but il move em up next time im balls deep in the cupboard.
2 winters ago i think it was real bad cold,i thought about packing in for a month or two.but that would mean 4 months withouth a harvest :yoinks: a old house cupboard above stairs 2 outside walls.few times i been in the cupboard and it 15c. the lil 60w heater on a thermostat set at 22c (was set lower 18c but raised it to try and give it a head start on dropping temps)dont quite cut it.but its a greenhouse heater not meant for heat just to prevent freezing,only seem to be available in uk/euro :shrug: 1ft 60w 2ft 80-120w 3 and 4ft to.
i have another fan i meant to put it ontop of the shelf blowing down on the led,but the fan on the string is pointed at it does the trick,that would only make room cooler to.
im thinking ditch the 1 ft tube i have and get a 2ft tube (£20) run it longways,get rid of the lil shelf,get a wooden box with no front or back (argos £15)put the 6" fan in it,and can still set a pot ontop of it.get an inkbird with high low temps (£28) plug the 2ft tube heater and the 6" fan that i will put il up on the high shelf pointing at the led.will only use 1 plug on the extension and only 1 item will be on at a time.low set at 22c for winter high at 28 summer to keep the led cooler.
i hummed and haa'd over a light cause i didnt want to go over 180w,i dont want to have to throw in a 400w oil filled radiator.behind the mylar is 10mm polystrene doubleled up on the floor,and loads of packaging shit stuffed in the 2ft void under the floor.
:pighug:
Sounds like a solid plan to me mate, I do love how you set the cupboard :biggrin:

View attachment 969490 i can never remember how much headroom i have so drew a picture with added numbers.
the shelf that the light hangs from could be knocked out for 45cm extra.but its handy as it has the fan/filter socket extension,speed controler,timers.there is 2 plugs on the floor but il move em up next time im balls deep in the cupboard.
2 winters ago i think it was real bad cold,i thought about packing in for a month or two.but that would mean 4 months withouth a harvest :yoinks: a old house cupboard above stairs 2 outside walls.few times i been in the cupboard and it 15c. the lil 60w heater on a thermostat set at 22c (was set lower 18c but raised it to try and give it a head start on dropping temps)dont quite cut it.but its a greenhouse heater not meant for heat just to prevent freezing,only seem to be available in uk/euro :shrug: 1ft 60w 2ft 80-120w 3 and 4ft to.
i have another fan i meant to put it ontop of the shelf blowing down on the led,but the fan on the string is pointed at it does the trick,that would only make room cooler to.
im thinking ditch the 1 ft tube i have and get a 2ft tube (£20) run it longways,get rid of the lil shelf,get a wooden box with no front or back (argos £15)put the 6" fan in it,and can still set a pot ontop of it.get an inkbird with high low temps (£28) plug the 2ft tube heater and the 6" fan that i will put il up on the high shelf pointing at the led.will only use 1 plug on the extension and only 1 item will be on at a time.low set at 22c for winter high at 28 summer to keep the led cooler.
i hummed and haa'd over a light cause i didnt want to go over 180w,i dont want to have to throw in a 400w oil filled radiator.behind the mylar is 10mm polystrene doubleled up on the floor,and loads of packaging shit stuffed in the 2ft void under the floor.
That looks like it'll work Archie. How many do you plan to run in there Archie? Is this for one big plant or how you going to run this one?

Sent[emoji297][emoji100][emoji482]

Sounds a plan ,,, :thumbsup:. ,,too be honest I got a bit muddled up half way through that :rofl:.

What are these cm things :rofl: luckily I had a tape measure to hand ,,, intresting space ,

Beds are over rated, have you ever considered converting bed room into grow space :smoking:

cheers peeps :pass:I tend to start a new plant every 21 days,normally have 3 plants going at a time and be a 4th for a week or two till it gets pushed out @BWM :pass: @Growtogrow :pass:its the same space ive always used just re jigging it a bit for winter.and if my plan comes together should help in summertime to.
we do what we have to do just to get a grow on the go @Froot n Fuel nothing wrong with that :thumbsup: my cupboard is like version 6.14,6 years later im still making changes so half arsed is the way to go :coffee: i been mulling over a heat pad @Rollin_along also had a look a at flat panel ceramic heaters only 10mm thick.......but need 5cm between it and the wall :face:
cheers @YourMumsNewFella :pass:you pushing out nice plants @Archaic :thumbsup: small space or not,very impressive for a waist high grow :pass:
ya cant really disguise a bedroom grow @hairyman :pass:not that it matters if the doorbell isnt used,be the same outcome anyways.just helps me sleep a bit easier knowing everything is tucked away so to speak.and part 2.......following on from the jars measurements,i done a few calculations just like this girl did

if all my jars are full i got almost 2 llbs :yoinks: they not,but they not half empty either :jointman: so i have no need of extra grow space.i might have to take a week off to put a bit of a dent in the stash.them 24 samples jars are getting cleaned out over festivus i know that
IMG_5105 - Copy.JPG

:gary:

cheers peeps :pass:I tend to start a new plant every 21 days,normally have 3 plants going at a time and be a 4th for a week or two till it gets pushed out @BWM :pass: @Growtogrow :pass:its the same space ive always used just re jigging it a bit for winter.and if my plan comes together should help in summertime to.
we do what we have to do just to get a grow on the go @Froot n Fuel nothing wrong with that [emoji106] my cupboard is like version 6.14,6 years later im still making changes so half arsed is the way to go :coffee: i been mulling over a heat pad @Rollin_along also had a look a at flat panel ceramic heaters only 10mm thick.......but need 5cm between it and the wall :face:
cheers @YourMumsNewFella :pass:you pushing out nice plants @Archaic [emoji106] small space or not,very impressive for a waist high grow :pass:
ya cant really disguise a bedroom grow @hairyman :pass:not that it matters if the doorbell isnt used,be the same outcome anyways.just helps me sleep a bit easier knowing everything is tucked away so to speak.and part 2.......following on from the jars measurements,i done a few calculations just like this girl did

if all my jars are full i got almost 2 llbs :yoinks: they not,but they not half empty either :jointman: so i have no need of extra grow space.i might have to take a week off to put a bit of a dent in the stash.them 24 samples jars are getting cleaned out over festivus i know that
View attachment 969691
:gary:
Nice[emoji481][emoji482]

Sent[emoji297][emoji100][emoji482]

yeh I thought I was being clever with one of those flat panel ceramic heaters myself.

great space saving solution I thought.

arrived with no plug on it.
page 3 of the manual says it’s gotta be hardwired under no circumstances are you allowed to fit a plug blah blah blah.

called up the site I purchased it from and expressed my grievances as this detail was nowhere in sight on the ad’ and still wasn’t.
all good, got a Royal Mail return paid, just take it to Post Office and they’ll take it back and refund me :thumbsup:

keep tripping over the damn thing 50 days later ‘cause it still sits in bedroom :shrug:

I will zap a picture this weekend, may need reminding lol

Sent from my comfy chair
[emoji41][emoji2956][emoji848][emoji12][emoji42]

Back