Mephisto Genetics Another Dream Farm Project!

Man I’m afraid even if I could run 24 hours, a 5x5 would be too damned small for me! I’m already hunting for a solid 4x8 for next year when the card gets adjusted.
Lol

now just a small caveat is that my goals are different that most that grow autos.

you are already doin a wonderful job sir. Now you can throw them Roc beans you got in when the meph gear is done.

autos, running 24/0 high intensity cob/led lighting indoor has a negligible yield increase over 18/6 or 20/4 as far as ive noticed.. Might be different in hydroponic systems

I've ran 24/0 in veg with photos...also ran 18/6.. no noticeable difference in growth over the same period of time..but a very noticeable difference in the growth of the power bill.. especially if your utility company uses a tiered pay rate system where they charge 3x the standard rate for a 3rd of the day, and then if youre running hps like back in the day, well.., u may as well find another hobby lol

i think the mephisto breeders run 24/0..

most seed breeders websites will suggest a dark cycle for various reasons...saves money and wear n tear on your lights a bit i suppose.. otherwise preference and anecdotal evidence dictates..

autos, running 24/0 high intensity cob/led lighting indoor has a negligible yield increase over 18/6 or 20/4 as far as ive noticed.. Might be different in hydroponic systems

I've ran 24/0 in veg with photos...also ran 18/6.. no noticeable difference in growth over the same period of time..but a very noticeable difference in the growth of the power bill.. especially if your utility company uses a tiered pay rate system where they charge 3x the standard rate for a 3rd of the day, and then if youre running hps like back in the day, well.., u may as well find another hobby lol

most seed breeders websites will suggest a dark cycle for various reasons...saves money and wear n tear on your lights a bit i suppose.. otherwise preference and anecdotal evidence dictates..

THIS^ so much lol. Ive never ran less than 18/6 but I have tried to get more out of 20/4 and 24/0 and it didnt amount to anything. Which you would think with the increase in DLI it would. :shrug:Maybe, Ill take another stab at it. I couldn't find anything that suggested these girls need a rest period so I thought it was a solid plan.

BTW I am also following up now! @derek420colorado I like it. If I didnt know better, based on the terrain from the pics and your name, I am assuming your in CO?

Last edited:
THIS^ so much lol. Ive never ran less than 18/6 but I have tried to get more out of 20/4 and 24/0 and it didnt amount to anything. Which you would think with the increase in DLI it would. :shrug:Maybe, Ill take another stab at it. I couldn't find anything that suggested these girls need a rest period so I thought it was a solid plan.

BTW I am also following up now! @derek420colorado I like it. If I didnt know better, based on the terrain from the pics and your name, I am assuming your in CO?
Lmao yeah I am down in southern co in the San Luis Valley

And I have seen the exact opposite. Especially running photos lol I always run them 24/0 in veg too and always had bigger plants when switching to flower than 18/6. Again just bro science an anecdotal evidence though. Also this is not a hobby for me l, another big difference. You see, I view it totally different. I see it as there is not a notciable drop off in quality vs the increased production I get. Which I average 115 grams a plant over hundreds of plants, so at least the ancillary science is there for me lol

And I have seen the exact opposite. Especially running photos lol I always run them 24/0 in veg too and always had bigger plants when switching to flower than 18/6. Again just bro science an anecdotal evidence though. Also this is not a hobby for me l, another big difference. You see, I view it totally different. I see it as there is not a notciable drop off in quality vs the increased production I get. Which I average 115 grams a plant over hundreds of plants, so at least the ancillary science is there for me lol
I think for you it bc your half natural light aswell as artificial and I think that makes all the difference I've also ran 24hr with a 200w fixture in a 2x4 when I stepped that light output to 400w (200w was cob and 400w is strips) I noticed after about 19 to 20 hrs the leaves would sag a bit compared to the 200w cob setup so it does stand to reason once they have been fully saturated they don't seem to need all 24hrs now I don't have a clue if they need dark cycles but they don't need a full 24hr light for all we know a 1hr twilight cycle is wat they need another interesting thing is @ either the top or bottom of world gets bright moons at night so I wonder if that light is enough to think there's sun ect and why don't the photos herm seeing a light leak in flower can cause it. But these are all great ? and for all we know 24 works great in xyz conditions and in ABC conditions 18/6 is better. I think real work on this won't have conclusive answers bc the stability of genetics we just don't have as many autos that have been pheno hunted as much as photo plants so I think that will be the biggest limitations.

I think for you it bc your half natural light aswell as artificial and I think that makes all the difference I've also ran 24hr with a 200w fixture in a 2x4 when I stepped that light output to 400w (200w was cob and 400w is strips) I noticed after about 19 to 20 hrs the leaves would sag a bit compared to the 200w cob setup so it does stand to reason once they have been fully saturated they don't seem to need all 24hrs now I don't have a clue if they need dark cycles but they don't need a full 24hr light for all we know a 1hr twilight cycle is wat they need another interesting thing is @ either the top or bottom of world gets bright moons at night so I wonder if that light is enough to think there's sun ect and why don't the photos herm seeing a light leak in flower can cause it. But these are all great ? and for all we know 24 works great in xyz conditions and in ABC conditions 18/6 is better. I think real work on this won't have conclusive answers bc the stability of genetics we just don't have as many autos that have been pheno hunted as much as photo plants so I think that will be the biggest limitations.
Ya have to take in to account the higher UV he gets from natural light at that altitude also. Some my miss that point in his grow conditions.
It would be interesting to see how much more it is. I'm sure there's scales out there on the interweb thingy. :smoking:

Ya have to take in to account the higher UV he gets from natural light at that altitude also. Some my miss that point in his grow conditions.
It would be interesting to see how much more it is. I'm sure there's scales out there on the interweb thingy. :smoking:
It’s about double what it is at sea level aprox.

And yeah man I have almost stopped tryin to “answer” these questions because we can’t actually test autos in a controlled experiment due to pheno variation from seed. But this is where the tissue sample cloning comes into play, and the main reason why I am going to do it. I wanna see what light cycle is best and if topping affects yield or speed, is defoliation the best way to expose budsites. Allllll of the things that we all spend countles hours tryin to “figure out” and debate ad nauseam

I actually use uva lighting I'm still waiting on led uvb tech that's not stupid expensive I can't fit a uva uvb reptile light in my current setup light wise. But even the specific wave lengths I think play a big role in pheno expression and many other things I just hope to see some more studies on autoflower cannabis so we have clear guides to follow ect.

Back