Mephisto Genetics Another Dream Farm Project!

Jesus! That 24/0 natural sun plus supplemental light is killing it!!!
Alright! Can you tell a difference in the quality of the bud with 24/0 VS 18/6?
What are the downsides to 24/0 if any?
I will be completely honest, I have no idea lmao. I have never grown autos under anything but 24/0. The only downsides I see to 24/0 would be for indoor growers. Those would be A.) a heat issue, where you need to turn the lights off during a hot part of the day. And B.)If you are worried about electricity cost and need to limit the amount of time your lights are on.

when it comes to growing autos I see zero disadvantages to running a 24 hour light cycle. Here’s why:

Autoflowering cannabis is in existence in nature due to where it grows. Because ruderalis that grows above a certain latitude doesn’t have the benefit of a gradually changing season,like we do below like Siberia and Alaska, it has to flower automatically. Now of course we all know that part. But here’s the thing in nature where these grow the lights( the sun) basically Comes on one day and stays on for anywhere from 60-90 days. Now it doesn’t stay with direct sunlight or anything I totally get That. But they NEVER get total darkness in nature Especially not for 4-6 hours.

these babies are built for speed! All it wants to do is grow and do sex before the first freeze, which up in them parts can Happen as early as like the end of august. So technically the most nature mimicked light cycle would be a twilight period of about an hour in the morning and an hour at night. But there are points in the summer up there where it is alllmost directish light 24 hours straight. So I know they nor only can handle it but thrive it it.
What I have noticed with having both natural and artificial light is that they seem to kind of get “tired” after 12ish hours of either one and then just about the time they are gettin worn out, they get hit with the other source of light and recharge as if they had been in darkness for several hours. It’s honestly badass to see and really interesting. And you really do get the yield and great colors of the outdoor world, while all the look and dense mugs of indoor. Best of both worlds.

I definitely have my sound reasoning for basically everything I do grow wise and if someone asks I will definitely tell em my philosophy haha

I will be completely honest, I have no idea lmao. I have never grown autos under anything but 24/0. The only downsides I see to 24/0 would be for indoor growers. Those would be A.) a heat issue, where you need to turn the lights off during a hot part of the day. And B.)If you are worried about electricity cost and need to limit the amount of time your lights are on.

when it comes to growing autos I see zero disadvantages to running a 24 hour light cycle. Here’s why:

Autoflowering cannabis is in existence in nature due to where it grows. Because ruderalis that grows above a certain latitude doesn’t have the benefit of a gradually changing season,like we do below like Siberia and Alaska, it has to flower automatically. Now of course we all know that part. But here’s the thing in nature where these grow the lights( the sun) basically Comes on one day and stays on for anywhere from 60-90 days. Now it doesn’t stay with direct sunlight or anything I totally get That. But they NEVER get total darkness in nature Especially not for 4-6 hours.

these babies are built for speed! All it wants to do is grow and do sex before the first freeze, which up in them parts can Happen as early as like the end of august. So technically the most nature mimicked light cycle would be a twilight period of about an hour in the morning and an hour at night. But there are points in the summer up there where it is alllmost directish light 24 hours straight. So I know they nor only can handle it but thrive it it.
What I have noticed with having both natural and artificial light is that they seem to kind of get “tired” after 12ish hours of either one and then just about the time they are gettin worn out, they get hit with the other source of light and recharge as if they had been in darkness for several hours. It’s honestly badass to see and really interesting. And you really do get the yield and great colors of the outdoor world, while all the look and dense mugs of indoor. Best of both worlds.

I definitely have my sound reasoning for basically everything I do grow wise and if someone asks I will definitely tell em my philosophy haha
If I could afford to I’d run 24 but it gets too hot for sure.

Honestly I have been having to give them a shade period because of this stupid ass heat wave that won’t end. So I am having to basically do the same thing for the same reason so I get it totally.

I can see how it works especially well in your particular location and circumstance.

I'm not worried about heat with the light. My girls get Queen treatment with A/C controlled environment. :cools:

I can see how it works especially well in your particular location and circumstance.

I'm not worried about heat with the light. My girls get Queen treatment with A/C controlled environment. :cools:
Yep then in that case to answer your question I have seen zero scientific evidence that says autoflowering cannabis needs a “dark” cycle. Lots of “bro science” based on other plants and stuff but nothing I have seen as to why they would need them. If they are photosynthesizing all the time they will grow bigger. Think about it like this if you run a 20/4 cycle over the course of a 70 day grow you loose 280 hours of photosynthetic time. That’s almost 12 full days that it is not doin it’s photosynthesis thing. And 18/6 you are lookin at 17 days of no light. There is no one on earth that can convince me that doesn’t affect yield lol just my thoughts ya know .

Yep then in that case to answer your question I have seen zero scientific evidence that says autoflowering cannabis needs a “dark” cycle. Lots of “bro science” based on other plants and stuff but nothing I have seen as to why they would need them. If they are photosynthesizing all the time they will grow bigger. Think about it like this if you run a 20/4 cycle over the course of a 70 day grow you loose 280 hours of photosynthetic time. That’s almost 12 full days that it is not doin it’s photosynthesis thing. And 18/6 you are lookin at 17 days of no light. There is no one on earth that can convince me that doesn’t affect yield lol just my thoughts ya know .
All I've heard is “bro science”

Yep me too. I see a lot of “well cabbage needs dark periods” or “all plants need dark” wellll not this one folks lol. That’s why Mephisto recommends 24/0 on their grow guide!
Damn! I didn't notice that!! Musta been purdy high, Towlie high, when I read it. LOL!

Man I’m afraid even if I could run 24 hours, a 5x5 would be too damned small for me! I’m already hunting for a solid 4x8 for next year when the card gets adjusted.

Back