Lighting All LED Indoor Grow- Quantum Boards vs AutoCob's

Another update coming later tonight or tomorrow AM, but I have MOAR COB's on the way from @BigSm0 :frog:

The second 3x3 will be losing the Blue MH and getting (4) 3500K AutoCob's so it will be setup just like the other 3x3 :pighug:

Cobs beat out the quantum board?

On their way! hopefully we get a show over the weekend.

Thanks brother, they're going up as soon as I get them so the HBS will finish flowering under them after being under the Blue MH so far. I am expecting heavy trichs on this run lol with the combo of both lights.

Last edited:

Another thing I will add, I think my plants were showing weird growth patterns mainly shorter and stacking too tight if that's possible with the QB's, and the reason I feel this happened (have no proof just a gut feeling) is because I had to dim all of mine. Something no one ever really talks about is how when you dim these lights it changes the spectrum, I'd really like to see companies selling LED's with dimmers sphere test the different spectrum's when the lights have been dimmed.

Just my $0.02

Post man stopped by, time to get some work done :frog:

IMG_20170929_123351.jpg
IMG_20170929_123402.jpg

Honestly I'm not the slightest bit surprised. The effiiency is close, The spectrum is close and the cobs are adjustable which is more important than any other aspect. If you have to keep a big frame inches higher due to taller plants the shorter plants are severely neglected.

Back