Lighting All LED Indoor Grow- Quantum Boards vs AutoCob's

Ok guys, no pics tonight. I transplanted my male cut, the test worked and it rooted so into a [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] of Tupur he went. Going to let this cut establish for a few days then I will cut down the big male and take some more clones and move some plants into that COB tent to begin flowering.

Everyone got watered and fed tonight again. Ionic grow 4tsp/gallon, Cal-Mag+ 4ml/gallon, and Hydroguard 2ml/gallon. EC 1.8 and PH 6.2

I ordered (2) Raptor Hoods for the soon to come expansion. Going to try these vs my Daystars with the 600w Blue MH and my 1K Super HPS. Also order a couple more bags of Tupur and more [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] pots.

Happy with how everything is progressing.
:peace:

Overnight shot of the veg closet:

IMG_20170712_215919.jpg

Update tonight.

First things first I chopped my male today :( I needed the tent for now to make space until the bigger tent shows up, and I have the test cut that rooted right in the coco that I transplanted very recently. Monster of a plant this guy was, hope it passes down to the progeny.

So this was the veg closet before I did much:

IMG_20170715_011013.jpg

Got the male chopped down, I gave the tent a VERY good cleaning in case of any rogue pollen, and then I was able to take the (2) GG#4 girls and put them in the COB tent after watering and feeding them tonight. I like the way they have bounced back there is still however a lot of deep red on the upper halves of the stems, I am wondering if this is just genetics? Only strain displaying this trait. I am starting to have second thoughts about using this strain to breed. Why breed such a finicky plant when there's so many great strains out there you know.

IMG_20170715_021857.jpg

The Purple envy was a fem seed and she was begging for a transplant from her [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] nursery pot, so I tossed her into a [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] of Tupur tonight. She was watered and fed also after transplanting into the larger pot

IMG_20170715_022941.jpg
IMG_20170715_022947.jpg
IMG_20170715_024333.jpg

Then we have the autos in the QB tent. I watered and fed them all today too. I also pulled some leaves off of the Sky Walkers. was time to let more light into the lower flower sights so everything starts to explode as they bounce back from the topping.

IMG_20170715_021822.jpg
IMG_20170715_014314.jpg

And here's the veg closet after getting the GG#4 girls out and putting back in the Purple Envy in her [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG]

IMG_20170715_024327.jpg

I am very happy with how my Doggie Dreams and Blue Harley seedlings are coming along. Hoping for some girls from them. Debating whether to leave them in the #1's until they show sex or transplant them soon as well. The Doggie Dreams are STINKY AF! SBA clones are coming along just perfect. This is not the first time I veg the strain and it's just such a naturally beautiful plant and easy to grow really does not give trouble at all. She is stacking much tighter under the QB than she did under the COB's in veg. We will see how her structure continues to develop as she grows older. I might take a bunch of cuts from them and run half the 5x9 one time all SBA lol.........we will see.

Feeding tonight was Ionic Grow @4tsp/gallon, Cal-Mag+ @4ml/gallon, and Hydroguard @2ml/gallon. EC was 1.8 and PH was 6.1

Thanks for checking in

I literally spent at least an hour just listening to tunes and looking at my plants. The garden is small but I am VERY happy with where things are at right now and the feedback from my last 3 plants. I am also very content with how the tupur is doing for me with my nutes. I watered and fed everyone tonight. Ionic Grow 4tsp/gallon, Cal-Mag+ 5ml/gallon, and Hydroguard 2ml/gallon. I increased the Cal-Mag+ slightly as a few of the girls were looking deficient. Very hard to picture with my cell phone sorry. EC 1.8 and PH was 6.2

Veg Closet:

IMG_20170716_040359.jpg

The Purple Envy:

IMG_20170716_013556.jpg

QB flower tent with the auto's:

IMG_20170716_040351.jpg

And the surprise of the night for me the (2) GG#4 girls, they look to be happy now and not finicky............making me second guess keeping her around or not.............

IMG_20170716_040344.jpg

Thanks for checking in

Things are looking good bro. love the fan hanging idea. The uses for these ratchet hangers are endless. Doubled up of coarse with another one as safety but that's how I hung my 5 gallon (reservoir) bucket from the ceiling.

How high are the cobs? The plants look like they are a good size but the lights look very high for some reason. It seems to be working.

Things are looking good bro. love the fan hanging idea. The uses for these ratchet hangers are endless. Doubled up of coarse with another one as safety but that's how I hung my 5 gallon (reservoir) bucket from the ceiling.

How high are the cobs? The plants look like they are a good size but the lights look very high for some reason. It seems to be working.

I have the COB's higher than usual because the GG#4 has been finicky as fuck. I get it now and see what people mean when they say that. I'm trying to wrap my head around what they like and don't and they're just a mission. But we will chug along. I have wanted to grow this strain for a long time. However, I am re-considering whether or not to use it for breeding.........everyone has been fed the same etc, and they vegged in the closet first. Only two plants that have different things going on. I'm thinking what I see that is not the same is just strain dependent. We will see. I also am wanting them to stretch a little more right now before flipping the lights to 12/12 on them. So the lights being higher was just caution and wanting more stretch right now.

And yeah these ratchets rock for so many uses lol. My brain is always spinning.

Thanks for the kind words brother.
:d5:

This morning's update just finished in the garden. Just chugging along waiting for something to flower LOL. I watered and fed all the plants tonight. Ionic Grow 4tsp/gallon, Cal-Mag+ 5ml/gallon, Ful-Power 20ml/gallon, and Hydro Guard 2ml/gallon. EC was 1.8 and PH 6.2

Veg closet, SBA clones have bounced back beautifully and quickly from the defoliation the other day. Waiting for the Blue Harley and my Doggie Dreams plants to sex, fingers crossed for some girls.

IMG_20170720_023729.jpg

Auto's under the QB, starting to blow up fast. Was comparing pics from a few days back to tonight, crazy shit..........

IMG_20170720_023716.jpg

And last but not least the (2) GG#4 girls in the COB tent. I am waiting for the smaller girl to grow a few more inches but these gals are dying for me to flip the lights already.

IMG_20170720_023703.jpg

I got my blown 600 watt ballast out to Hortilux today. The local shop said they had already sent the replacement ahead of time, hoping in a day or so it will be here. I should have more Tupur arriving tomorrow. Then just waiting on my Gorilla tent to arrive and I have what I need to set it up. Then we will start having some real fun. Can't wait to see the spread on these Raptor hoods vs my old Daystars. If the HID talk bothers you guys I will leave it out of this thread but it's part of my grow. I will be putting back up the 600 watt Blue MH and the 1K watt Super HPS. It's a cost decision and honestly I am looking forward to having the HID's and the LED's running at the same time to see what's what.

Thanks for checking in

Doesn't bother me one bit. I have close to 100 lights out to guys surrounding hps's with the cobs. They all say their growth has skyrocketed from the advanced spectrum and also covers a bigger area now too. You are making some major changes in there and I'd probably do the same thing. You also have experience with the hps so that's another positive too. rocking it bro

Doesn't bother me one bit. I have close to 100 lights out to guys surrounding hps's with the cobs. They all say their growth has skyrocketed from the advanced spectrum and also covers a bigger area now too. You are making some major changes in there and I'd probably do the same thing. You also have experience with the hps so that's another positive too. rocking it bro

I'm considering taking down the 3x3 the COB's are in and doing just that. Integrating them to the 5x9 with the HID's............... Since I have four COB's was thinking one on each side of the hoods...........around both the 600w Blue MH and the 1K HPS

I measured tonight to give you a correct answer. The COB's are 24" above the GG#4 right now.

Back