Outdoor AK Greenhouse Grow

Yeah, definitely came on fast. One thought Snowchicken might be to ensure ventilation, perhaps even a fan helping air move around? My big issue was lack of ventilation and WAY too much moisture in the greenhouse. The recent rains have not necessarily helped things. .

Hang in there AK, it's a valuable lesson learned. I lost about 4-5 zips last year. She did look mighty exotic.

Try a product called natria by bayer. It's a natural fungicide that helps prevent mold. Also, as you've already mentioned, air flow is critical.

Sorry to see the mould ruin your stash Akreso, hope the other plants dont get any. That purple fresian dew pheno always moulds for me too but it yields more that double the other 2 so its still worth it as an outdoor strain for me. Are all the auto fresian dews dark purpley ?

Well this grow is almost a wrap. It has been a long and odd journey, but a good learning process. I harvested Frisian Dew # 2 last night. The Onyx, well that is a different story. . I'll get to her later.

Things got too humid in the greenhouse with so many tomato plants, which are producing like CRAZY, so I moved her outside for more air and direct sunlight. She responded well and the buds, while airy are fairly big. Not a huge crop on her, I suspect when she's cured there will be about 1 and a 1/4 oz. I would have let her go a bit longer, but two things happened: 1) Wind knocked her over causing the main stem to nearly break and 2) I noticed some aphids. rather than spray, I just cut her down. A few buds had lots of aphids, most had none. The ones with aphids I just got rid of, wasn't sure waht to do with them. I didn't want to spray at that point.

All told, though I am pleased, it was a fun process and a nice break from the garage grows. I learned a lot and have lots to think about for next summer. For now, Fall is here and Winter will be here quick.

The color on this plant is, I think, RIDICULOUS and the pics don't do it justice. The smell is so very sweet and citrusy. I smoked some scissor hash last night got higher than I probably wanted at 11:30 at night, but the buzz was very very nice.

Here are a few pics:

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

I'll get a smoke report up here after the cure. I am doing a brown paper bag cure on her.

More soon!

Noooo. . . .

My beautiful Frisian dew has fallen victim to some serious mold and rot. Almost appeared instantaneously, overnight. I posted the above post two days ago and looked at her yesterday and shit was bad, so very bad . . . uggh. . so MAD! So sad! Crying uncontrollably.

I was able to trim out the bad sections and can salvage some of the plant. But it is ugly for sure. Here are a few pics:

View attachment 470670 View attachment 470671 View attachment 470672

Here is the now butchered cola .

Going into the summer, I knew I would be learning some lessons - serious lessons. With hydro-grow towers holding 10 gallons of water each, and some 25 plus tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, it is clear that there is some humidity in the greenhouse. It's been damp lately and the lesson I have learned is I need more air movement in there.

The odd thing is the other Firsian Dew and the 160 day old Onyx look great. I will be keeping a close eye on them both and perhaps moving them out of the greenhouse. I am installing a fan and vent today to help air move more effectively, but it is crowded and there's lots of plant life in there.

On the upside we've got tomatoes starting to ripen with serious abundance!

View attachment 470673

Lesson learned, but shit I am so sad and mad. She was so beautiful. .

bummer mold. In my greenhouse I only water the plant pots, keep everything else dry, maintain good circ around each plant, keep plants from growing into each other, and, when it got 30's-40's with constant rain tiny amount of mold, finished up harvest real fast. So, grow strains you know from experience resist mold. Also, I go for plants that have an open growth habit, the 2 that molded on me this year were dense pack, lots of leaf, thick moisture holding buds, and they have been the slowest to dry and cure. won't be planting those 2 strains again.

Back