AFN welcomes Horticulture Lighting Group!

Finally!

Scropion Diablo pic2 -9-14-2021.jpg

Hey I spoke to growmau5 at necann Boston and the other hlg reps. Got to meet Tim also. Great group of guys. So they explained the new upgraded lights. The binning is above top bin because the Samsung plant had made so many top bin boards they got even higher efficiency ones sorted so its the best of the best. This allowed the umol/j to jump to 3.2 from about 2.9 which is great. Unfortunately I got mine about 3 months ago which would've been before the August daye when they were sent with the new diodes. Regardless I love my hlg 650r. Its also the customer service that goes along with it that makes it great. Also I gave you a shout out @Les @HLG and let them know your doing a great job here!
I posted in bears thread saying the same thing...they also were selling the demo boards for a great price. I talked to all the light vendors there. Alot of them didn't know what diodes were in the boards or other data like ppf and umol/j. I was super excited to geek out on light specs with them. Top notch company for sure. They were featured on the dudegrowsshow about a week or so back. Steve the owner talking with growmau5 about their future plans and current products.

Nice! I'm hoping to get a tour of the plant in the future, and meet the guys. Steve and I have chatted a bit online for years, couldn't meet a nicer guy! Yes I just watched the GML on youtube with Growmua5 on it. What a great addition to HLG!

And your 650R? Well it's still unmatched by anyone else's! I think Fluence is the only one close with a 2.8! Hell, this Scorpion is overkill for my needs! If I had a sealed room so I could run CO2, then I might get the best of it. But, I'm not complaining either! :smoking:

Hey I spoke to growmau5 at necann Boston and the other hlg reps. Got to meet Tim also. Great group of guys. So they explained the new upgraded lights. The binning is above top bin because the Samsung plant had made so many top bin boards they got even higher efficiency ones sorted so its the best of the best. This allowed the umol/j to jump to 3.2 from about 2.9 which is great. Unfortunately I got mine about 3 months ago which would've been before the August daye when they were sent with the new diodes. Regardless I love my hlg 650r. Its also the customer service that goes along with it that makes it great. Also I gave you a shout out @Les @HLG and let them know your doing a great job here!
I posted in bears thread saying the same thing...they also were selling the demo boards for a great price. I talked to all the light vendors there. Alot of them didn't know what diodes were in the boards or other data like ppf and umol/j. I was super excited to geek out on light specs with them. Top notch company for sure. They were featured on the dudegrowsshow about a week or so back. Steve the owner talking with growmau5 about their future plans and current products.

IMO that's about perfect in a non CO2 tent! I built a couple DIY copies of a 650r But I used a pair of HLG240H-C2100b to run 2 pair of Diablo boards in parallel for about 120 wats per board. I've done a couple grows with them and love them! Would have been better off though just buying 650r, I didn't save much! ( and I got the heatsinks free... )

I'm running my 650r soft at about 400 to 450 in my 5x5 so that ups the efficiency a bit too. :headbang:

I saw your build i think. It was on the red heatsink from a 600 right? You inspired me to go the diy route. I almost got 2 sets of the 3 288s and was going to make a diy scorpion using 3 xl heatsinks. Then I saw the deal I could get and decided it might be a future product. Hlg compares most of there big fixtures on their site. The efficiency with the older Diablo diodes was only 10 percent If I remember right. I encourage people to browse around on the site they also have excellent calculators and such. The transparency is unmatched imo. Only other person is migro thats as honest.

Back