AFN welcomes Horticulture Lighting Group!

No, that's not normal, you can figure 10-12% losses to the driver and wiring which would only account for 20-25 watts. However, most of the watt meters out there are not all that accurate, for a better idea use a multimeter. check the voltage and amperage and calculate the watts. I suspct it would be closer to 230 watts.

Again thanks for this reply, after checking with my old multimeter and finding out it was broken, (10yrs in the drawer and not used) i bought a new one and found the Driver is pumping out 1200mA instead of 1050mA.. and 6x 35V cobbs all works out.

Looking into growing, but having a tough time finding seed resources, that aren't a complete rip off.
I thot I got ripped off on my first order in May when I started growing, so I ordered from a 2nd, then a 3rd vendor. Turns out the first 2 were just slow, and all 3 orders eventually arrived. Since then I've learned about more, and better, vendors here on AFN. I'm real happy with my last order of GG4 auto by GGstrains from HembraGenetics, which included high quality freebies by Humboldt (vanilla latte auto, jelly rancher fem). I'm itchin' to try Strawdog auto by AFN's own GeneOgenetics, but I have enough seeds already to last a while, and I'm growing seeds produced by my own plants somehow (musta been a nanner in there somewhere). Happy growing!

I thot I got ripped off on my first order in May when I started growing, so I ordered from a 2nd, then a 3rd vendor. Turns out the first 2 were just slow, and all 3 orders eventually arrived. Since then I've learned about more, and better, vendors here on AFN. I'm real happy with my last order of GG4 auto by GGstrains from HembraGenetics, which included high quality freebies by Humboldt (vanilla latte auto, jelly rancher fem). I'm itchin' to try Strawdog auto by AFN's own GeneOgenetics, but I have enough seeds already to last a while, and I'm growing seeds produced by my own plants somehow (musta been a nanner in there somewhere). Happy growing!
I didn't get ripped off, yet, but 1st 3 orders said they were California based, but ended up being in Washington, Oregon, and Nevada??? I told all those companies I was not comfortable shipping seeds across state lines, as that is a violation of Fed law. They assured me there was no problem, but that was not enough to convince me. So I switched to California based biz, but the prices were marked up 200% over Oregon, and Nevada for the same seeds (5 seeds for 49.99 from CA, and 10 seeds for 29.99 from OR). Rip! I've grown before a long time ago, and from my experience 1:12 seeds actually sprouts. Those odds and that cost is too much. Absolutely little room for ROI.

Anyhow, I would just like to pick up a reasonable quantity, for a reasonable price, and is easily accessible. Right now the seed market seems all over the place.

I will check out your recommendations for sure. Any recommendations that are similar to Blue Dream strain, in taste and Indica heavy?

I was scared to order from overseas, and scared to use a traceable payment method, and scared to ship to my house, or in my name, but I didn't think to worry about seeds crossing state lines! I finally met somebody more paranoid than me! Just kidding, it can't hurt to stay on the safe side. Most of the stateside vendors don't seem to say what state they're in though.

I've received 24 seeds so far, from 4 vendors. Out of 12 germination attempts, I only had 2 duds (from CropKing, and they were obviously immature seeds that never should have been shipped at all). I had 2 seeds that failed after sprouting (munched by sow bugs, before I started pasteurizing my homemade compost). So i guess my germination success rate is 83%.

I've only harvested 3 plants so far (about to harvest a 4th) so I'll defer to the senior growers on the strain recommendations. My grow journal is linked in my signature if you wanna see my mistakes (and successes).

P.S. - This conversation might have been more appropriate for the "live stoners chat" rather than In HLG Horticulture Lighting Group. Anyway just to make it appropriate, I'm using 4 HLG lights (3x HLG100, and 1x HLG65). They're great!

Last edited:
Look into lindaseeds.com
A number of us here on AFN have been buying from Linda. Their own line of seeds is pretty good! I've grown several of their strains and their Fat Blueberry auto is great, And their photoperiod Wedding Cake is awesome! My alter ego has a thread about Linda seeds.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/1-50-seed-grow-are-cheap-seeds-worthwhile.70071/

Hi. Hailing from Irvine, CA USA

Looking into growing, but having a tough time finding seed resources, that aren't a complete rip off.

I don't mind anything that could be of help to the members here so seed talk is ok.

Or you can go to this thread:

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/1-50-seed-grow-are-cheap-seeds-worthwhile.70071/

I was scared to order from overseas, and scared to use a traceable payment method, and scared to ship to my house, or in my name, but I didn't think to worry about seeds crossing state lines! I finally met somebody more paranoid than me! Just kidding, it can't hurt to stay on the safe side. Most of the stateside vendors don't seem to say what state they're in though.

I've received 24 seeds so far, from 4 vendors. Out of 12 germination attempts, I only had 2 duds (from CropKing, and they were obviously immature seeds that never should have been shipped at all). I had 2 seeds that failed after sprouting (munched by sow bugs, before I started pasteurizing my homemade compost). So i guess my germination success rate is 83%.

I've only harvested 3 plants so far (about to harvest a 4th) so I'll defer to the senior growers on the strain recommendations. My grow journal is linked in my signature if you wanna see my mistakes (and successes).

P.S. - This conversation might have been more appropriate for the "live stoners chat" rather than In HLG Horticulture Lighting Group. Anyway just to make it appropriate, I'm using 4 HLG lights (3x HLG100, and 1x HLG65). They're great!

Hi. Hailing from Irvine, CA USA

Linda Seeds! GG#4 First Canna grow.
IMG_20201024_080357337.jpg

Back