AFN welcomes Horticulture Lighting Group!

Got to pay my penance for building the she shed.
577BED93-2E80-4461-B2A0-742BBA7DF78D.jpeg

No, that's not normal, you can figure 10-12% losses to the driver and wiring which would only account for 20-25 watts. However, most of the watt meters out there are not all that accurate, for a better idea use a multimeter. check the voltage and amperage and calculate the watts. I suspct it would be closer to 230 watts.

A quick question to the HLG rep if I may, I am currently using a HLG-320H-C1050 with 6x Clu048-1212's @ 1050 ma, my draw is 275 watts which seems high for the lamps 6x 35v @ 1050, so I am thinking about 40watts is being wasted in conversation and heat. would be about right and normal?

No, that's not normal, you can figure 10-12% losses to the driver and wiring which would only account for 20-25 watts. However, most of the watt meters out there are not all that accurate, for a better idea use a multimeter. check the voltage and amperage and calculate the watts. I suspct it would be closer to 230 watts.

Thanks for the reply will see if I can get a better reading. it did seem rather high and it is a cheap plug in watt meter.

On another forum an HLG Scorpion Diablo owner questioned whether or not his light had the new diodes. Here is the reply I got from HLG:

We have been shipping the Scorpion Diablo with the new diodes 100% since August 1st. No older boards have been shipped since that date and actually a bit sooner than the announcement. As for the manuals, we just got the new manuals back from printing less than two weeks ago, and it is now shipping with the product. We ended up making some inserts to go in the boxes, but that only happened right before the manuals arrived, so there were some that shipped out with the old manual, but it was the correct light. If the light was ordered since Aug 1st, it is a new build with the correct Advanced Diodes. Period! Any lights that were pre Advanced Didoes have been set aside and were not shipped to anyone.

I just now talked to the production manager, and he has confirmed the above as well.

On another forum an HLG Scorpion Diablo owner questioned whether or not his light had the new diodes. Here is the reply I got from HLG:

We have been shipping the Scorpion Diablo with the new diodes 100% since August 1st. No older boards have been shipped since that date and actually a bit sooner than the announcement. As for the manuals, we just got the new manuals back from printing less than two weeks ago, and it is now shipping with the product. We ended up making some inserts to go in the boxes, but that only happened right before the manuals arrived, so there were some that shipped out with the old manual, but it was the correct light. If the light was ordered since Aug 1st, it is a new build with the correct Advanced Diodes. Period! Any lights that were pre Advanced Didoes have been set aside and were not shipped to anyone.

I just now talked to the production manager, and he has confirmed the above as well.
Having bought the Diablo in June,what was the reason for changing the diodes thanks.

HLG is always striving to build a better light. When they feel the advances made in LED efficacy has increased enough to make the investment worth it, they move ahead. This has been part of their efforts to build great lights. And now more than ever, efficient lightling in a power hungry industry is important.
In just 5 years I've seen them take Quantum boards from an efficacy of 1.87 to the Scorpion's 3.2. Innovation is the key to HLG's success.

Having bought the Diablo in June,what was the reason for changing the diodes thanks.

Back