AFN welcomes Horticulture Lighting Group!

24" and 70% is great for veg for seedlings I'd drop to 50%. not that they can't take the light they certainly can, but it's a waste of light unless you've got a tent full of seedlings! At 80% for flower, I'd try to keep it at 18'. But various strains may like it and some may not. It's always best to observe your plants and look for signs of l
ight avoidance, such as leaves turning sideways.

Your plants look good
Thanks so much, your input is really appreciated, nice to know I'm on the right track!

How high from the canopy at 80% for the 600 Rspec in a 4 x 4, and does that percentage apply for all stages of growth past seedling? Right now I've got mine at 24" at 70% just starting week 4 of my very first grow, using a 4 x 4 with FFOF mixed with about 1/4 Happy Frog in 5 gallon pots, no feeding yet, only watering about every 3 days with 6.5 de-chlorinated tap water and no CO2, wanted to keep things as simple as possible for my first time growing. This may not be the right thread to cover subjects other than lighting but I'll also happily take anyone's input/advice on how things look so far and maybe my best steps moving forward. Either way I'm stoked to get the impression from everyone here that I've made the right choice for my light, now just trying to figure all this out lol!View attachment 1334396
I don't think that you will find anyone who thinks that a 4 x 4 with a 600Rspec is even remotely anything like "keeping it simple for your first grow" :nono::crying:

Welcome to AFN!!! Glad to have you on the board.

I have been running QB96's for a few years, Absolutely love them. Fantastic lights!!!

It would work great for two or three plants. I've grown with less light than that in a 4x4!

@Les @HLG How do you think a HLG 300L v2 would do in a 40"x40"x6' tent with 2-3 plants max. I might be picking one up in the next few weeks

It would work great for two or three plants. I've grown with less light than that in a 4x4!
perfect thank you! ill post some pics when I get it and give some updates on my growth. I currently have a pair of those crap amazon lights

Back