AFN welcomes Horticulture Lighting Group!

That's what I'd do. Turn it down and lower it down.

The one thing that would get me to buy this light and it would not be difficult to do, is the ability to mount the drive outside the tent. I think this would help sales and help to be able to more fully utilize the lights in more environments. I'm all about lessening the heat load inside the tent. I can better control the environment in the lung room and not have to increase the exhaust fan speed to remove heat that will still have to be cooled in the lung room.
It increases the efficiency of the entire grow room. With increased exhaust fan speeds, there will be an increased need for humidification. That may be good at some times, but not the norm.

I just think it's a great option to have. It's the way I run my Mars.
Is it not an add a section of extra cable and 2x female and 2x male... Basic wiring 4 plugs modification?

This! Let me remove the driver from the tent and you can have my first born for a Diablo :smoking::rofl:
That would be a very expensive light!.............well if it was an Earthbox monster.
If I get another 4x4 tent, very likely, I want to do a single or double Earthbox grow, knowing what not to do with stupid dolomite. With some of the new stuff I'm messing with it could be quite interesting. "Old Boy" interesing.

That would be a very expensive light!.............well if it was an Earthbox monster.
If I get another 4x4 tent, very likely, I want to do a single or double Earthbox grow, knowing what not to do with stupid dolomite. With some of the new stuff I'm messing with it could be quite interesting. "Old Boy" interesing.
Nice! I'm still strictly a coco grower, but would like to try soil at some point. The simplicity of coco has treated me well. My plan is to but a 4x4 for the empty corner in my grow room, and use x4 2.2gal autopots in it. I'm really enjoying the 5gal spring pot system with my AvTs. And yes, the light is very expensive, that is one purchase I don't think I can swing the Mrs. on :rofl:

There are a couple of factors to consider. 65-70% of the output of an HPS light is heat and IR. so a 600 watt HPS that's 35% efficient creates 390 watts of heat and 210 watts of heat. LED has come so far that these numbers are just about reversed. And LED creates no IR.

Personally, I think the 550 ECO is a good choice. Even at full power it will produce almost 50% less heat at the lamp than an HPS light.
The 600 Rspec is also a good choice. Running it dimmed ups the efficiency while still producing more than enough light for a 4x4 space. I'd dim one about 20% in a 4x4 tent without CO2 enhancement.

Which light would be best without too much overkill in a 4x4 setting? Heat is an issue with my hps even in a cooltube due to where the tent is located, so something that doesn't run too hot?
:d5: :vibes:

If someone showed me how to do it, I'd do it, but I'd rather see it from the mfg.
I agree.. When you compare the cost of the unit to the cost of an extra bit of cable, I'm surprised more manufacturers don't just sling a bit of cable in the box and let the punter decide, I'm pretty quick on the tools so I would do it myself but would rather it came sorted. :d5:

There are a couple of factors to consider. 65-70% of the output of an HPS light is heat and IR. so a 600 watt HPS that's 35% efficient creates 390 watts of heat and 210 watts of heat. LED has come so far that these numbers are just about reversed. And LED creates no IR.

Personally, I think the 550 ECO is a good choice. Even at full power it will produce almost 50% less heat at the lamp than an HPS light.
The 600 Rspec is also a good choice. Running it dimmed ups the efficiency while still producing more than enough light for a 4x4 space. I'd dim one about 20% in a 4x4 tent without CO2 enhancement.
The they both look great... The 550 eco is a cracker.. But the rspec is a beast. Thanks for the input. :d5: :vibes:

I agree.. When you compare the cost of the unit to the cost of an extra bit of cable, I'm surprised more manufacturers don't just sling a bit of cable in the box and let the punter decide, I'm pretty quick on the tools so I would do it myself but would rather it came sorted. :d5:
Yep! That is the first thing I look for actually when looking at lights.

The DIY Diablo Slate Double would be the answer to that. Also, I plan to suggest to HLG is to offer a remote driver kit, a pre-asembled wiring harness to use to relocate the driver. Don't know if they would find it worthwhile but I do seem to have their ear at the moment.

That's what I'd do. Turn it down and lower it down.

The one thing that would get me to buy this light and it would not be difficult to do, is the ability to mount the drive outside the tent. I think this would help sales and help to be able to more fully utilize the lights in more environments. I'm all about lessening the heat load inside the tent. I can better control the environment in the lung room and not have to increase the exhaust fan speed to remove heat that will still have to be cooled in the lung room.
It increases the efficiency of the entire grow room. With increased exhaust fan speeds, there will be an increased need for humidification. That may be good at some times, but not the norm.

I just think it's a great option to have. It's the way I run my Mars.

Back