AFN welcomes Horticulture Lighting Group!

Maybe I should start a side business building these cables! :smoking:

I agree.. When you compare the cost of the unit to the cost of an extra bit of cable, I'm surprised more manufacturers don't just sling a bit of cable in the box and let the punter decide, I'm pretty quick on the tools so I would do it myself but would rather it came sorted. :d5:

The DIY Diablo Slate Double would be the answer to that. Also, I plan to suggest to HLG is to offer a remote driver kit, a pre-asembled wiring harness to use to relocate the driver. Don't know if they would find it worthwhile but I do seem to have their ear at the moment.
It's really only logical. Probably less than $7 in material and labor to do it for them. Why limit the product?

This is all it takes plus 4 wago connectors!
16 Gauge Electrical Wire 2 Conductor Parallel Silicone Wire 50ft [Black 25ft Red 25ft] 16 awg 600V Flexible Extension Cable Cord Stranded Tinned Copper Wire Hookup Model Lead Wire Amazon product

I built my light and driver is on top of tent! Went up 80w on driver power and increased by like 200 diodes and tent temps dropped like 3 degrees even with this light on full blast! :thumbsup:

Just an added fact u can use this but I used 16/3 cuz since driver is remote from the light it’s no longer grounded to light frame so I used the 16/3 so 3rd wire could be used to ground driver to LED frame so it had an extra layer of protection! ;)

16 Gauge Electrical Wire 2 Conductor Parallel Silicone Wire 50ft [Black 25ft Red 25ft] 16 awg 600V Flexible Extension Cable Cord Stranded Tinned Copper Wire Hookup Model Lead Wire Amazon product

I built my light and driver is on top of tent! Went up 80w on driver power and increased by like 200 diodes and tent temps dropped like 3 degrees even with this light on full blast! :thumbsup:

Just an added fact u can use this but I used 16/3 cuz since driver is remote from the light it’s no longer grounded to light frame so I used the 16/3 so 3rd wire could be used to ground driver to LED frame so it had an extra layer of protection! ;)

Always good to over engineer a bit and keep it safe :d5:

Also if you have an iPad Pro, I recommend downloading the app there. Apparently the margin of error is smaller on them. Looks like I can move my unlocked app from my iPhone to my iPad neither.

edit:*can’t move
You logged into same iTunes account on both for the App Store thing?? I’m blazed already so no idea if that makes a difference or if that’s how they make their money making u pay if u get on multiple devices! :shrug:

I think you have to consider that the target market for the high end lights is the commercial sector. On the other hand these guys are not afraid to innovate. We'll see what they think as I've sent in that suggestion.

It's really only logical. Probably less than $7 in material and labor to do it for them. Why limit the product?

Yes it would be easy to DIY really, but it might affect your warranty. However, a simple water tight adapter harness would not be hard to make, vs the Wago route. My light is DIY and my drivers are remote and yep, done with Wagos. So I've nothing against them but a more elegant solution would be appropriate for lights like these.

Back