Old Reviews AC Infinity 4" Fan and Filter

DCLXVI

Non smoker
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I ended up getting the ACInfinity exhaust fan and the ACI 4" carbon filter. Both are very nice pieces. The controller was a bit hard to program correctly but you can easily chat with a rep on their website. Very helpful. I watched a few YT videos but they really didn't answer the questions I had. I have mine set for kicking on at the high setting and staying off below it. You can program in a bit of swing as well, up to 3 degrees so its not a constant on off on off cycle.

One problem I ran into is that they say you can connect the fan directly to the filter. You can not do this. The filter easily slips over the flange on the fan but neither side has a slip joint so you are unable to tighten down the connection.

I chatted with their online help person and he confirmed, despite instruction booklet and images, you cannot connect AC Infinity fan to filter directly.

You must insert a small section of ducting between them. I did so and used aluminum foil duct tape to seal the edges. I highly recommend picking up a roll of the aluminum tape and not the gray plastic duct tape. If you have ever used regular duct tape you know it gets nasty and gummy and sticky as the adhesive breaks down the "tape." Buy the good stuff. Plus I dont know how well regular duct tape holds up to humid grow room environments.

A pic: Also, this is in the MarsHydro 28"x28" tent. Not much room for fan and filter to fit. They are at a slight angle but make it with a couple inches.

P1020970.JPG

@Marshydro - If anyone asks, your smallest tent can fit a 4" inline fan and filter to the side exhaust port. This is in the 2.3x2.3 aka 70x70cm tent.

I have their 6 inch fans, and found the same issue connecting them, some extra duct does the job but it was a bit frustrating at first.

Their controller is a bit much and not super well done imo. I was messing around with it last night and I think I have it set. The one thing I can't figure out is how to control the fan speed. I have it on high temperature, but it runs 24/7 and won't shut off. I will have to reach out to them as thats not what I am looking for.

If you have any tips that'd be great too, didn't know you could do a 3 degree swing.

edit: even in my 5x5, I have them all outside and just duct in the tent. Takes up a ton of space like @Mañ'O'Green said.

My experience with the Infinity 6". I've owned it for about a year in a 3x3 and mainly used for humidity even though I have parameters set for temperatures.

Fitment- i agree I had to use aluminum duct tape for the joints.
Tent size of 3x3 it barely fits inside at the top of the tent.
How it works-it has worked flawlessly for me and I have used other monitors to double check it. Like I said I don't have a problem with heat but for humidity( my tent is usually to high for growing in flower) it will cycle on when it is above my set value and fan speed will gradually build to 8 to which i have it set at the top speed and when the humidity goes to my setting fan speed will gradually reduce until my RH setting is hit and then it turns off. I really like it comparatively to my other constantly running fans. In short, it works well as the manufacturer described.

My experience with the Infinity 6". I've owned it for about a year in a 3x3 and mainly used for humidity even though I have parameters set for temperatures.

Fitment- i agree I had to use aluminum duct tape for the joints.
Tent size of 3x3 it barely fits inside at the top of the tent.
How it works-it has worked flawlessly for me and I have used other monitors to double check it. Like I said I don't have a problem with heat but for humidity( my tent is usually to high for growing in flower) it will cycle on when it is above my set value and fan speed will gradually build to 8 to which i have it set at the top speed and when the humidity goes to my setting fan speed will gradually reduce until my RH setting is hit and then it turns off. I really like it comparatively to my other constantly running fans. In short, it works well as the manufacturer described.
The fan is great and super quiet. Just gotta get my controller all set up.

So one of the limitations I have found is that it seems like the fan doesn't adjust speed that well. At the initial "ON" screen you have to pick a "setting" which is your fan speed. so say 4. Then on the "auto" screen the fan will kick on and run at speed 4 until equilibrium.

I have not seen how o make the fan run at variable speed so I could be wrong but I believe this is how it works. That said, if you want the fan to keep the temp below say 78F, set the high temp to 78 and on the low temp simply turn off that setting. Highlight low temp and hold the "up" and "down" arrows. Now the unit will turn on and off to stay at 78.

Same with humidity. Set the high and turn off the low.

You can set alarms but they can be turned off by holding the arrow buttons.

You have to leave the "auto" screen showing to run in auto mode, not the "on" screen which will just run the fan

So one of the limitations I have found is that it seems like the fan doesn't adjust speed that well. At the initial "ON" screen you have to pick a "setting" which is your fan speed. so say 4. Then on the "auto" screen the fan will kick on and run at speed 4 until equilibrium.

I have not seen how o make the fan run at variable speed so I could be wrong but I believe this is how it works. That said, if you want the fan to keep the temp below say 78F, set the high temp to 78 and on the low temp simply turn off that setting. Highlight low temp and hold the "up" and "down" arrows. Now the unit will turn on and off to stay at 78.

Same with humidity. Set the high and turn off the low.

You can set alarms but they can be turned off by holding the arrow buttons.

You have to leave the "auto" screen showing to run in auto mode, not the "on" screen which will just run the fan
Very helpful. The fan is running then because its hitting my low humidity limit and trying to bring in more. I'll have to set them so only the high end turns it on.

THANK YOU!

I had the same thing happen initially. Tricky way to set up

I had the same thing happen initially. Tricky way to set up
In their defense when I emailed them asking about syncing two fans together they responded quickly. Happy with the company and the trick you mentioned fixed my last area of confusion.

Back