Indoor AB Fills the Tent!

Thanks for jumping on board everyone. :bow: Things are still looking good this weekend, but major winter weather is on the way this week. I hope the girls aren't shivering too much... :Flaming Snow..:

Sweet. Man did I come back at a perfect time. This is just great. Feels JUST like when I first joined. I followed that grow you had like a hawk, dude. I shall be following this one too. I don't foresee being on ALL the time as I used to be, but still gonna be around for sure. I've been back and forth a couple times since last May, but I am back for sure this time.

Good luck to you man!

Thanks, Squid. I was in the same boat at different times over the past couple of years. I thought about returning to AFN but just had too much going on in my life to contribute the way I would like to. Plus I wanted to have some growing going on so I'd have fresh info to share. So glad I'm back now with my AFN family, and it's great to have green in the tent!

Morning friends,

Just got back from snapping some pics of the ladies, so time for another update. The big word around here right now is cold. Well below freezing the last couple of nights and tonight is forecast to be the same. But thankfully I see a warm up on the horizon so maybe this is the last shot of winter. With the lights down low and the warm mist humidifier running, I've been keeping the humidity in the 50%-60% range and temps around 65-75. The hassle with that is the humidifier needs to be refilled with water every 12-18 hours, so I've been trying my best to keep it from running out. When I opened the tent this morning it was empty for the first time in days and conditions were 57 degrees and 37% humidity. Not great but I was actually pleasantly surprised given the fact that ambient temps outside my tent are in the upper 40s.

Despite the less than ideal conditions, the plants are making good progress. They're a bit short but I've had to keep the lights very close and running 24/7 for warmth. When it warms up I may raise the light and stretch them a bit, but my goal is always to have short, fat girls. :grin: On day 8 I gave the first feeding and the response has been good. I have used GO nutes before but this is the first time I have run the entire lineup. It's a bit of a bit of a pain to mix up 6 different products, but since I have the whole box set I want to see the results from using them all. I also went with the full week 1 dose as recommended by GO rather than cutting it down. I went too light on these nutes last time, and after doing a lot of research, it seems that the best results are coming from growers who are more on the aggressive side. I am confident that I have a healthy soil environment, so I will keep up the full strength feedings until the plants tell me I'm wrong. With an organic grow the microherd will buffer the pH in the root zone, but I still use some organic pH up for my own piece of mind. The solution was 6.5 and runoff was between 6.35 and 6.55 on all pots, so I'm very happy with the pH of the Sunshine Advanced #4. I added nothing to it and it's right on the money. On to the pics!

Day 10:

Tent_Day10.jpg

All_Day10.jpg

Magnum - This one is slow going, but it is in a 3g pot while the others are all in 2g. Hopefully it will take off soon. It's also a bit lighter green in color, so I may need to get her some extra food in the future.

BM_Day10.jpg

TD - She's right in the middle as far as size goes. Probably the prettiest of the bunch as far as being symmetrical with well formed leaves.

TD_Day10.jpg

WW - This one has really responded to the nutes and has doubled in size over the last couple of days.

WW_Day10.jpg

Cobra - After lagging behind the rest from the start, there has finally been some good growth in recent days. She's ridiculously short at a bit over an inch tall right now, so she's due to stretch out any day now.

FC_Day10.jpg

SMR - The Sweet Mango Ryder is twice the size of the next largest plant and looking great. I love WOS gear and I hope this one turns out as tasty & potent as the Pakistan Ryder and Afghan Kush Ryders I've grown in the past.

SMR_Day10.jpg

DD - This little dragon has a face only a mother could love. :grin: I have left it in the original small pot for now until I see some signs of vigorous growth. Hopefully I will be able to get the dragons outdoors for good in the next few weeks.

DD_Day10.jpg

MD1 - Both the Magic Dragons were transplanted to a 3g nursery pot with Happy Frog soil a few days ago. Unfortunately I broke off several inches of tap root from one of them, but otherwise they're doing fine. MD1 is still the biggest plant in the tent and her Black Dragon genetics are already showing."Bailers Booya"

MD1_Day10.jpg

MD1_Day10_2.jpg

MD2 - Looking a bit worse for wear but still growing OK. I'm guessing this is the one with the broken tap root, since the other MD has really left it behind.

MD2_Day10.jpg

Thanks for checking in, everyone! :thank:

Dang man, some super awesome looking wee ones! Ya cold here too.Suuuuuckss.

Anywho I run Humidifiers as well sometimes,but always in the house.I use 2 drops of bleach in a full Res for my Humidifier.I was curious if you do anything like that to cut down on your mold build up within your Humidifier?And has it,or even,might it effect the plantts if you used it in your tent?I was curious about your thoughts on this or even if you use anyhing like that.Thanks Andy.

Thanks for the kind words, EoF! I only use my humidifier during winter when ambient temps and humidity are low. The air is plenty humid where I live during spring and summer, so I'll be pulling it out of the tent in the coming weeks. I check the tank for any nasties and add a few drops of bleach if needed, but no issues with that right now. My city uses chloramines in the water but every March they run a high level of straight chlorine through the system to clean everything out. So my tap water smells like a swimming pool right now & I'm sure that helps with keeping mold and mildew away. :thumbs:

cool.ya thats pretty much what I do too.winter only but they run in the house 24/7 all winter.Cats dont get zapped as much.Ive never tried a humidifier with beach in my tent.I justt didnt want spotting on any leaves er anything.LOL!Cool beans dude.Thanks!your quite welcome buddy.your a fine grower man.

cool.ya thats pretty much what I do too.winter only but they run in the house 24/7 all winter.Cats dont get zapped as much.Ive never tried a humidifier with beach in my tent.I justt didnt want spotting on any leaves er anything.LOL!Cool beans dude.Thanks!your quite welcome buddy.your a fine grower man.

Hey EoF, I wouldn't recommend running a humidifier with bleach near the plants. When I am done with it for the season, I run a tank full of water with a capful of bleach through it while it's sitting outside somewhere. Then I leave it in the sun and fresh air all day to make sure it's completely dried out before putting it away. I've never had any problems with nasties building up inside using this method. Then again, my humidifier only costs $15, so if it got too nasty I'd just ditch it and get a new one.

ok sweet.ill just use filtered water n stick in near my insulated intake fan.Few feet away Id guess.its really dry here till spring hits.me sprouts are getting a bit bigger so i need to try a newer approach to maintain my humidity levels while they're awake.

Ya LOL, i got like four or five cheaper ones myself.Dry n drafty as hell in my house sometimes.Thanks man!Was curious bout the bleach cuz we use it for months n months at a time and some mold builds.But not if ya run a couple drops in it.But then again it runs 24/7 for months.ill try the plain water method.i only need it for a month or so maybe.

I dont keep my stuff too high with my RH.Ever had any electrical or light issues with higher levels?tent is still new to me,only done one smaller grow in it so far.Thanks again.

you need ti buy this humidifier : Humidificateur ionique Heaven Fresh (HF 707) - that the best one for grow a its in special canada

you only need to refill t once a week ..

High moisture output can quickly humidify a room up to 40 m² (430 ft²) its take 2 min to warn the room
Advanced digital technology can produce either cold or warm mist
Healthy negative Ions to purify the air while providing a restful sleep
Permanent, easy-to-clean ceramic nano-silver filter for control of white dust, mould and bacteria
Auto Hygrostat sensor automatically regulates mist output according to desired humidity level
Virtually silent operation with advanced ultrasonic technology ensures a quiet
Low energy consomptions

other thing he do the ion négative ( fastest grow)

so only one probem its expensive to buy 90 $can

Last edited:
Back