Strainly.io A dedicated platform to offer your varietals

Does it sound like something helpful?

• YES

• NO

• NOT SURE

Results are only viewable after voting.
They seem pretty clear in the statement:

Not sure what you mean by it’s up to me to germ seeds. I was more on the lines of creating seed and making them available on there. I’m an illegal grower and breeder and I make many more seeds than I can use in multiple lifetimes, so usually give them away to other amateur breeders and medical groups that I belong to on various social media. I would like to be able to trade or even giveaway seeds on Strainly, but according to their rules that is not possible.

—————————————
Added for some clarification:

I think what they are doing is great and will aide many people now and in the future. Seems like they really don’t want to screw up the community by supporting illegal activities and I have to support them in that goal.

Interesting read on their blog. https://blog.strainly.io/2017/06/21/stay-safe-play-by-the-rules/#more-230 They really stress the importance of staying legal not just for you but the safety of the community. Plus when you post a strain you are supposed to include at least your zip code and while I realize I could easily lie, how does that make me a trustworthy member of the community? Don’t get me wrong, I’m probably going to purchase some genetics from there, but most likely won’t be listing any of mine there until my state is legal to grow.
Heck, I’ve waited 50 years for legalization, what’s a couple more years? :pass:

You can still use it. Im in an illegal state and have "donated" to breeders a couple times. No issues.

You can still use it. Im in an illegal state and have "donated" to breeders a couple times. No issues.
Good to hear and I most likely will be supporting some breeders on there. I’m just not sure I feel comfortable offering my genetics on there.

They seem pretty clear in the statement:

Not sure what you mean by it’s up to me to germ seeds. I was more on the lines of creating seed and making them available on there. I’m an illegal grower and breeder and I make many more seeds than I can use in multiple lifetimes, so usually give them away to other amateur breeders and medical groups that I belong to on various social media. I would like to be able to trade or even giveaway seeds on Strainly, but according to their rules that is not possible.

—————————————
Added for some clarification:

I think what they are doing is great and will aide many people now and in the future. Seems like they really don’t want to screw up the community by supporting illegal activities and I have to support them in that goal.

Interesting read on their blog. https://blog.strainly.io/2017/06/21/stay-safe-play-by-the-rules/#more-230 They really stress the importance of staying legal not just for you but the safety of the community. Plus when you post a strain you are supposed to include at least your zip code and while I realize I could easily lie, how does that make me a trustworthy member of the community? Don’t get me wrong, I’m probably going to purchase some genetics from there, but most likely won’t be listing any of mine there until my state is legal to grow.
Heck, I’ve waited 50 years for legalization, what’s a couple more years? :pass:

It would be irresponsible to make the follow statement "All illegal growers should use Strainly" ;)
You seem like a very responsible person and we thank you for paying attention to our statements. We want to be as inclusive as possible and would love to have you listing your seeds. That said, it's impossible for us to publicly say that illegal growers in illegal states should use Strainly.

Thanks for your understanding. It is a matter of time before it becomes legal at the federal level in the US.

We're with you ;)

It would be irresponsible to make the follow statement "All illegal growers should use Strainly" ;)
You seem like a very responsible person and we thank you for paying attention to our statements. We want to be as inclusive as possible and would love to have you listing your seeds. That said, it's impossible for us to publicly say that illegal growers in illegal states should use Strainly.

Thanks for your understanding. It is a matter of time before it becomes legal at the federal level in the US.

We're with you ;)
Offer loads of gear from great people but honestly what keeps me logged in there are the people I've met and worked with and now talk with in real personal time is like here, to me that's what real canna friendly social platforms are.
When a breeder and hobbyist can go from basic gear chat and process to off the network and connecting in real life socially then the whole purpose of the network has worked. Yes items moving and changing hands is great dont get me wrong, but say u take some hobbyists from BFE um.. let's say North Dakota, only access was a canna magazine and bag beans for years, then web came so more adventure came but still no great beans around. Then they order online in the 00's and it's all good but hobbyist still doesnt have that connection and conversation they want with the creator, not to mention in this hobby we all need to connect until it's legal worldwide and then some, but anyways when a hobbyist can really connect to a breeder that's when the full circle has been completed and needs repeated, sadly only thing close to straily and the afn are dating sites, ya u have insta, FBK etc but that's lists of vague and not real connections between people it's short answer talk like customer service. Hope this makes sense.

We're with you ;)
Thank you for the kind words and I understand completely. I would like to add to what @midIN is talking about and say it would be great if you guys had some kind of forum where breeders and growers could trade information more freely or did I miss that on your site?

As a holder of some extremely rare genetics passed on to me from my dad an friends over the years I like the idea of strain talk .If something where to happen to me a couple of these strains would die as a preservationist this scares me .the blackberry kush seeds only exist as a hybrid the big companies don't have the real deal 90s oregon medical strain blackberry kush they crossed it .The ol hippy that gave my dad the seeds said that they were the last seeds of bk in existence they have been breeding off the clone for years .My belief is the big companies crossed to a afghani or its a recreate the original showed strong bubba kush traits .

Ya I agree , to much now says is worked out clones. I preserve myself and being usa, to source true genetics for beans takes work, I only buy seeds and only ever will, dont care what it is, no seed no deal. That said when I order gear its because I have back and fact check the source, i will stalk you pretty much to validate ur work.
I have seen on insta before where someone had supposed original bruce banner seeds, well after some research and looking through almost 200 posted pics from them come to find out they were from clones seeded out that were actually knock off clones from the original creator.
20 yrs ago when I acquired gear it was direct always and was the only way they would work now days I understand to reach markets but there's snakes everywhere.

Ya I agree , to much now says is worked out clones. I preserve myself and being usa, to source true genetics for beans takes work, I only buy seeds and only ever will, dont care what it is, no seed no deal. That said when I order gear its because I have back and fact check the source, i will stalk you pretty much to validate ur work.
I have seen on insta before where someone had supposed original bruce banner seeds, well after some research and looking through almost 200 posted pics from them come to find out they were from clones seeded out that were actually knock off clones from the original creator.
20 yrs ago when I acquired gear it was direct always and was the only way they would work now days I understand to reach markets but there's snakes everywhere.
Exactly all for the money an the fame .For me its my culture an my medicine .I would just like to be able to grow a few of these gems I got without having the line go extinct so that means I have to breed em .Once I got enough meds I can start on that because I prefer open pollination I need meds for months that's not an easy task if you smoke like me an the fam .

Exactly all for the money an the fame .For me its my culture an my medicine .I would just like to be able to grow a few of these gems I got without having the line go extinct so that means I have to breed em .Once I got enough meds I can start on that because I prefer open pollination I need meds for months that's not an easy task if you smoke like me an the fam .
Yep its original Bubblegum for me only few around here have some, we have enough but still few, once it was taken to Holland it was worked then hacked out, which sucks cause the original is way more incredibly crazy that now the name has been shuffled to bottom shelf it seems, some still use it but it's not that same hot so flippin humid and sticky cornfield, then such cool nights in September that just makes her come alive and the real bubblfence row where she came from. It just not the same.

Yep its original Bubblegum for me only few around here have some, we have enough but still few, once it was taken to Holland it was worked then hacked out, which sucks cause the original is way more incredibly crazy that now the name has been shuffled to bottom shelf it seems, some still use it but it's not that same hot so flippin humid and sticky cornfield, then such cool nights in September that just makes her come alive and the real bubblfence row where she came from. It just not the same.
She sounds awesome never grown bubblegum .I wish you luck on breeding her good true genetics are needed very much friend .

Back