New Grower 4th Grow - Mephisto - Sour Stomper, Wizard's Apprentice, 3BOG

Hey bro!
Now a word of warning, I also am on my fourth grow so take everything I say with a pinch of salt. Looks like you didnt get any thoughts on your last post so thought id chime in.
My first three grows were in soil and got better each run, but my main dramas seemed to be with PH even though I was organic. Still pulled enough at harvest time for me to be happy and the smoke was the best Id ever had, organics for the win!
Looking at your previous post, your leaves are clawing which could be a sign of over feeding? As arthur mentioned, that soil mix is hot, so this combined with strong nutes could be your issues. I'd full flush and go with half strenght nutes for a week maybe.
Do you let your water stand so that the chlorine evaporates out? Are you growing organic? Sorry, may of missed that.
Dont give up bud, it may not seem worth it now, but once you nail a grow youll be so happy with yourself and the satisfaction is next to none.

Good luck!
GFW

Hey bro!
Now a word of warning, I also am on my fourth grow so take everything I say with a pinch of salt. Looks like you didnt get any thoughts on your last post so thought id chime in.
My first three grows were in soil and got better each run, but my main dramas seemed to be with PH even though I was organic. Still pulled enough at harvest time for me to be happy and the smoke was the best Id ever had, organics for the win!
Looking at your previous post, your leaves are clawing which could be a sign of over feeding? As arthur mentioned, that soil mix is hot, so this combined with strong nutes could be your issues. I'd full flush and go with half strenght nutes for a week maybe.
Do you let your water stand so that the chlorine evaporates out? Are you growing organic? Sorry, may of missed that.
Dont give up bud, it may not seem worth it now, but once you nail a grow youll be so happy with yourself and the satisfaction is next to none.

Good luck!
GFW

Thanks for the reply. I don't think PH is the issue as I have an expensive Apera PH meter and I made sure to get it calibrated at my local grow store. My tap water comes out at 30PPM, so i doubt thats the issue either.

I think the plant was clawing before I fed it. It also never really took off. I don't think the roots have had the ability to stretch on any of my grows as all of my plants have been really small.

IDK. I might switch up mediums completely. Maybe Coco could work. I just have to make sure I don't go out of town. Its really frustrating and again, excellent weed is really affordable by me.

Have you checked the ph of the run off?
I have a blue lab ph pen but recalibrate it every couple of weeks. I used to have a cheapy one that need calibrating all the time! Possible it’s fine, but generally I think you need to recalibrate the pens on the odd occasion.
Plant clawing is generally N tox, so if it was doing so before you even fed then the soil must be too hot.
mid try soil again, just get something lighter. Coco is a daily beast so don’t frustrate yourself further by taking on more.
Once I have space again, and a garden, I’m gonna go back to soil for sure. Living soil is the go, and then all your really doing is the odd top dress and teas. Becomes even cheaper and the bud is as good as it gets! I’d look going down that road, I find it absolutely fascinating the relationship between plants and the soil microbiome, a lot of transferable growing skills for vegetables and the likes if that interests you too!

Your soil looks like more than 15% perlite. Shes drying out my friend.

You're right. She's really dry. I had a hard time imagining that she could use more water, since she's so small. But you're absolutely right. At this point I probably need to be watering more than every 4 days. Also, I think my PH was messed up. Probably to an extreme degree.

Have you checked the ph of the run off?
I have a blue lab ph pen but recalibrate it every couple of weeks. I used to have a cheapy one that need calibrating all the time! Possible it’s fine, but generally I think you need to recalibrate the pens on the odd occasion.
Plant clawing is generally N tox, so if it was doing so before you even fed then the soil must be too hot.
mid try soil again, just get something lighter. Coco is a daily beast so don’t frustrate yourself further by taking on more.
Once I have space again, and a garden, I’m gonna go back to soil for sure. Living soil is the go, and then all your really doing is the odd top dress and teas. Becomes even cheaper and the bud is as good as it gets! I’d look going down that road, I find it absolutely fascinating the relationship between plants and the soil microbiome, a lot of transferable growing skills for vegetables and the likes if that interests you too!

You're also right. Just calibrated my PH pen and it was really, really off. So off that i'm suspicious. My tap water was reading at 7.5 before calibration. Now it is reading at 6. I feel like either way I made a mistake.

Well, the pen has been recalibrated. I was receiving readings of around 7.5 on tap water before calibration. Now I am getting 6.5 after letting the pen sit for a few minutes. Theoretically this could have been the issue. It looks like it could've been the issue, at least, as all my plants have just been riddled with issues that don't seem to make sense based on the care i've given the plants.

Other than that, i'm pretty sure she's a little underwatered.

I am going to tend to all of these things and pray that I can salvage this Sour Stomper plant. It is thick for its size and its starting to wreak. If i can get her to hold on for a month I think it'll yield a really nice product. Trying to stay optimistic.

Interesting, 6.5 tap water pretty acidic for tap water. It can be that low, but that’s really borderline with what’s acceptable by regulation. When I was using the cheap ph pens I had two to double check against each other, maybe worth buying one. Bet you could get one for less than $10 in the states.
do you lift the pot to test weight? This is a pretty full proof method. And I would always water to run off to ensure your wetting through. Water slow and steady, I would usually take a break half way through.
hope you can get back on track

Interesting, 6.5 tap water pretty acidic for tap water. It can be that low, but that’s really borderline with what’s acceptable by regulation. When I was using the cheap ph pens I had two to double check against each other, maybe worth buying one. Bet you could get one for less than $10 in the states.
do you lift the pot to test weight? This is a pretty full proof method. And I would always water to run off to ensure your wetting through. Water slow and steady, I would usually take a break half way through.
hope you can get back on track

I have a cheap yellow ph pen somewhere, but i'll have to find it. I agree that the ph of the tap water is really low; my city water website suggests that it should be around 7.5, which is what i was getting before calibrating my pen. But at this point i don't feel like i have a lot to lose, so i proceeded with watering today.

I do use the lift the pot method, but i always wait until its really light. My very first grow I over watered and over tended. Now, i try to only check on the plants every few days.

I do think my watering method hasn't been great. Probably too much too fast. I will try to address that in the future. Thank you!

She seemed to like the water I gave her yesterday. There is still quite a bit of green underneath the decaying exterior. Here's to hoping she sticks it out another month. Day 57-60 ish.

IMG_2715.jpg

Back