New Grower 4th Grow - Mephisto - Sour Stomper, Wizard's Apprentice, 3BOG

Here is where we are at now... I think it is recovering somewhat, but she still has some issues.

IMG_2630.jpg

I really don't know what the hell is goin wrong with my plants. This is round 4 and I am still ending up with garbage. I've thrown out ounces and ounces of bad weed I grew at this point. Just sucks.

Have read through from the start, on a soil run where I'm in 3 gallon bags I'm watering a half gallon for each pot every 3 to 4 days from early veg on. That increases to close to a gallon ea in heavy flower. From the pics, the soil looks dry too.

Am thinking you've watered so little that there are large dry pockets in your bags. Once soil has completely dried, it can become hydrophobic, repelling moisture. This keeps roots from accessing that area and the nutrients in the soil.

Really too bad, sour stomper is a favorite of mine.
Can almost always find one or a cross running in my tent.
Bay area grower, so I get the surrounded by top shelf grass... get this figured out and it will e difficult to impossible to find better weed thats store bought.

(Photo approximately 3 weeks and been @ a half gallon for the last 2 waterings or so... at a half gallon I do not get runoff. Once I up that in flower I'm looking for 10 to 20% run off with each watering)
20201206_161820.jpg

I ran fox farms for a long time, had issues with pH being low, right out of the bag. That was 3 or more yrs ago now, they may have corrected that. Happy frog though, ocean forest is just too hot for the majority of autos by itself.

Last edited:
Have read through from the start, on a soil run where I'm in 3 gallon bags I'm watering a half gallon for each pot every 3 to 4 days from early veg on. That increases to close to a gallon ea in heavy flower. From the pics, the soil looks dry too.

Am thinking you've watered so little that there are large dry pockets in your bags. Once soil has completely dried, it can become hydrophobic, repelling moisture. This keeps roots from accessing that area and the nutrients in the soil.

Really too bad, sour stomper is a favorite of mine.
Can almost always find one or a cross running in my tent.
Bay area grower, so I get the surrounded by top shelf grass... get this figured out and it will e difficult to impossible to find better weed thats store bought. View attachment 1263322

I ran fox farms for a long time, had issues with pH being low, right out of the bag. That was 3 or more yrs ago now, they may have corrected that. Happy frog though, ocean forest is just too hot for the majority of autos by itself.
Thanks a bunch for your reply. I think the lack of watering could have something to do with my issues. I used soil that was in a bag in my garage for about 3 months, and I didn't water the entire pot before planting my seeds. Do you think it is necessary to water the pot maybe a couple days before putting sprouted seedlings in it? This plant is in similar shape to my previous grows at this point. I always end up with mediocre flowers and crispy leaves by day 70 or so, which results in sub par harvests.

What medium do you use now? I am definitely considering switching it up for future grows.

Thanks a bunch for your reply. I think the lack of watering could have something to do with my issues. I used soil that was in a bag in my garage for about 3 months, and I didn't water the entire pot before planting my seeds. Do you think it is necessary to water the pot maybe a couple days before putting sprouted seedlings in it? This plant is in similar shape to my previous grows at this point. I always end up with mediocre flowers and crispy leaves by day 70 or so, which results in sub par harvests.

What medium do you use now? I am definitely considering switching it up for future grows.
I use one of your local suppliers, Oregons constant gardener in Eugene. I run nectar for the gods #4 soil, or sunshine #4 if I cant get the other.
I also have been running their nutrient line for almost 4 yrs too. It can be a bit costly, but the end product.... am running an experiment now, changing things up a bit, looking to drop the cost some without loosing too much on the other side. Current runs are costing roughly 1$ to 1.10$ a gram. Half of that is power... Ca, .29 cents a kwh. The OCG family is pretty helpful if you run into issues, have had several back and forth with the owner of the company when I was having issues early on.

Jar of A Sour Stomper x Gold Glue on the nectar diet. Hard like rocks.
20201206_163510.jpg

Edit... YES! Especially if the soil has sat for an extended time! Fill bag with soil and completely soak! Would add Yucca powder as well, it breaks the surface tension and helps wet out dry pockets. You can use it while feeding as well.

I use one of your local suppliers, Oregons constant gardener in Eugene. I run nectar for the gods #4 soil, or sunshine #4 if I cant get the other.
I also have been running their nutrient line for almost 4 yrs too. It can be a bit costly, but the end product.... am running an experiment now, changing things up a bit, looking to drop the cost some without loosing too much on the other side. Current runs are costing roughly 1$ to 1.10$ a gram. Half of that is power... Ca, .29 cents a kwh. The OCG family is pretty helpful if you run into issues, have had several back and forth with the owner of the company when I was having issues early on.

Jar of A Sour Stomper x Gold Glue on the nectar diet. Hard like rocks.View attachment 1263336

Edit... YES! Especially if the soil has sat for an extended time! Fill bag with soil and completely soak! Would add Yucca powder as well, it breaks the surface tension and helps wet out dry pockets. You can use it while feeding as well.
Nectar for the gods number 4 is exactly what I was looking it. I will have to pick up a bag and give it a go.

I am going to water my pots right now. The new seeds are germinating, so if I get them ready today theyll be nice and damp when I get the seeds in there. That way hopefully I won't lose more seeds to this soil.

That looks great. I hope I can achieve something similar to that this grow.

Lot of great growers on this site, and many ways of growing great weed! There is something special about doing your own thing, especially when buddies show up for a sack and they passed a dozen shops on the way.

Edit: I'm 3 blocks from 2 rec grows, one 50k sq ft, the other is 80k... one is the "home of the 20$ eigth..."

Lot of great growers on this site, and many ways of growing great weed! There is something special about doing your own thing, especially when buddies show up for a sack and they passed a dozen shops on the way.

Edit: I'm 3 blocks from 2 rec grows, one 50k sq ft, the other is 80k... one is the "home of the 20$ eigth..."
Could you elaborate on the Yucca powder? I think it sounds like a good idea, but i dont know which kind to use and how much.

Also, when do you start feeding?

The yucca powder I bought of amazon, I used 5 ml or a teaspoon per gallon every couple weeks. I suppose you could use it more, but as long as there's not time for pockets to really dry out, I think every couple weeks is sound.
As to the feed, most soils will have enough of everything for the first couple weeks. So. I start about week 3.

Here is where we're at. I have another sour stomper in the ground that sprouted today. The soil is wet and I have been misting it with a spray bottle to keep it that way.

The current sour stomper doesn't look very healthy. A lot of lower leaves are dying. It doesn't seem to be affecting the new growth, though. I have fed every other water for the last 3 waters with 2-3ml per gallon each of a micro, grow, and bloom nutrient set from Cutting Edge Solutions... not very sure about these nutes. I know they're not organic, but they're what I have in my cabinet right now.

Does that look like nute burn? Or a deficiency? Overall unhealthy in there. Temps up to a steady 74 degrees, dipping to 69 at night. Humidity steady around 45 percent.

IMG_2650.jpg

Well, the decline has been rapid. Hopefully she will live for another couple of weeks, but shes just about dead. Makes me really sad. I need to take a break from growing and switch up my medium, probably. Something is horribly wrong.

THIS IS THE EXACT SAME SHIT THAT HAPPENED TO MY PREVIOUS 4 GROWS.

Been feeding weekly and watering weekly. Every other water includes nutrients at low doses. This plant is pathetic, so maybe I overfed it? Maybe the soil was just clumpy? Idk man, but I give up. A fire ounce costs $120 from my dealer. This is not worth it.

IMG_2686.jpg

Back