Lighting 4 Quantum Board Light build and Test

Was checking out a Quatum Board grow on another forum. Been following for a while. Well today he posted his final weight. 2'x2'x2.5' tent, 4 quatum oboards run at a total of 200 watts...... Small tent huh? Well how does 2/3 of a pound sound? 301 grams!!! And he says this is not a high yielding strain either, still about 1.4 grams per watt.

Gives me high hopes lol!

If I were to use this light in an open room, I'd invest in the asymmetrical lenses for them and concentrate the light a bit. With a tent, wide angle beams are fine because of the reflective surfaces on all sides. I learned from my greenhouse that diffuse light can be just as good as direct light!
Maybe even better than direct, I like how the greenhouse moderates the rad intensity up here. Before I enter greenhouse on a bright still day I can feel my skin burning, when I enter greenhouse no longer burning.

I believe they will be out of stock for about a month. They've already upgraded the board ( new gen of the chip is 10% more efficient!!! ) Once they are back in stock supply will be steady. They are the same guys that run Noretherngrowlights.com

https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/
board was my 1st choice, but couldn't get, so went with COB, which I still don't have, lol

Pop there is so much good stuff going on in lighting right now that it gets hard to build a strategy on how to cram it all in my 2x4 tent! Really though, these look like they would be the bomb to center in a 4x4 and corner cobs to fill the outer edge. 280 watts of cob would probably throw a heck alot of flower.

edit: I is idget I kant spel

Last edited:
Yeah, these boards are a phenomenon. They got 250 in Friday and they sold out in THREE minutes! And these where suppose to be a sideline to their commercial business!

board was my 1st choice, but couldn't get, so went with COB, which I still don't have, lol

Update:

The girls are loving the transplant! Nice growth, they are taking off now! Watered them today with nutrient solution, 160 ppms of cal/mag and 500 ppms of Seagrow.
Ph'd to 6.3.
The other two plants will be transplanted today, I'm behind schedule....lol!

Hammer of the gods pic1 -4-8-2017.jpg
trainwreck pic1 -4-8-2017.jpg

I believe the new stock will hit around the first of May. The next batch may be big enough to last a while...lol!

3 minutes is amazing. When do you think they would get more? I really want to try one centered in the tent and 4 autocob style lights offset into the corners. I think it would be fierce.

Back