Lighting 4 Quantum Board Light build and Test

Update:

Got both sections finished and hung and wired. Got a wiring issue though. Tomorrow I'll put the meter on it and see where the problem lies.
Pics don't do them justice, these lights are less than 2 inch thick including the heatsink! Each bar weighs maybe 6-7 pounds. Each board will run at about 74 watts

Can't wait to blaze them up!

Pics:

Qautum-4 pic1 -3-9-2017.jpg
Qautum-4 pic2 -3-9-2017.jpg

Update:

Got both sections finished and hung and wired. Got a wiring issue though. Tomorrow I'll put the meter on it and see where the problem lies.
Pics don't do them justice, these lights are less than 2 inch thick including the heatsink! Each bar weighs maybe 6-7 pounds. Each board will run at about 74 watts

Can't wait to blaze them up!

Pics:

View attachment 713445 View attachment 713446

Those are slick, 2 inch profile is nice for height restricted grows. Nice build!:thumbsup:

That was one of my reasons for taking this path. And just think, shortly the new gen boards will be out, and they are 10% more efficient! Thats a huge jump!

I believe these boards are 52% efficient at 74 watts. Lots to like about these!

Thank you Horticultural Lighting Group/ Northern Growlights!

And we have ignition!

Found a bad connection, fixed it and checked everything with the meter again, can't be too careful! Plugged her in and.....................POW!! WOOOOoooo! Now I'll be cooking!

4QB pic1 -3-12-2017.jpg
4QB pic2 -3-12-2017.jpg

Update:

Currently growing a Green Monster test grow plant under the new light. Honestly, I almost threw this plant out, it is an auto that didn't.....so, at 44 days, I put her on 12/12. That initiated flowering and she decided she really likes this light! Not what she could be I suspect, but she looks like she'll end decent for sure! I'm hoping she finishes before I have to put the photo period plants that are going in here for flower in about4 weeks.

Green Monster pic1 -3-31-2017.jpg

Update:
2 Seedlings transplanted into the auto pots! We're getting closer! The other two should be ready to transplant in a couple days.
Now, until I can finish the auto, I'll have to veg in the other tent under my 4 cob light running at 200 watts currently. Sharing the tent with several ducksfoot at this time. So far, all is looking good!

Trainwreck and Hammer of the gods pic1 -4-2-2017.jpg

Alright! We have 2 plants in auto pots now, and the other 2 can be transplanted tomorrow! Now the fly in the ointment.....I can't put them in the tent with the light yet. So, this is the downside of remote drivers, its too much hassle to move them from one tent to another. However, I do have 1 Quantum Board light in with my Mod420 light running at 135 watts for a total 350 watts of cob lighting blasting the plants. Its a rough looking jungle in the, my ducksfoot are having issues, I think it was the light was too intense with the lenses on the Mod 420, so I took them off, never liked the lenses anyway lol! Pictures don't do it justice, its BRILLIANT in that tent!
So As a solution, I just order a new, QB 288 board and will mount it on the Slate One heatsink I replaced with a Slate 2. Need to decide on a driver. I'll mount this in the broom closet as a temporary home for the flower plant currently under the the new light. Just think, for around $145, you can have a light that will STOMP anything even close to it at 3 times the price, thats not COB driven ( well it will kickass on those cheapass burple fleabay coblights.)

Here we have the Hammer of the Gods on the left and Trainwreck on the right:

HTG and Trainwreck pic1 -4-6-2017.jpg
HTG and Trainwreck pic2 -4-6-2017.jpg

Back