Lighting 4 Quantum Board Light build and Test

In the rack and drying!

QB Buds pic1 -7-17-2017.jpg
QB Buds pic2 -7-17-2017.jpg
QB Buds pic3 -7-17-2017.jpg
QB Buds pic4 -7-17-2017.jpg
QB Buds pic5 -7-17-2017.jpg

Cool! I'd bet I could do almost as good with just 2 boards! And 9 cobs too? You going to vaporize them plants!

:smoking::pass:

@pop22 can I guess 400g dry? I have 4 of these, useing 2 as don't have heatsinks for the other 2 but hoping these work just aswell surrounded by 9 cobs :thumbsup:

Upto 700w possible on this rig but half that and 36" and still got a couple new mephisto that stayed under 12inchs tall and some photos in veg where the first set of leaves looks like they melted but came on strong after that :laughcry:

I agree, LED garden lighting is just now hitting its stride. I think there is a ways to go in efficiency improvements but right now, our lights are proving themselves. I think driver costs need to go down, but right now, middlemen control the supply and the big distributors are all in collusion, price fixing is rampant. Go to findchips.com and do a search on a Meanwell driver, everyone sells for the same price, there is no competition, thats price fixing, Its illegal but nobody's watching this market.

You got that right, but unlike most of IT junkies who were always in debt (I cant find proper word now) buying newest tech and selling your old components, here we can profit some of our hobby so its win win situation.. I think that is why they have fixed price..Too small market, in mayority of countries its illegal to grow,so nobody cant touch them by now.. I really belive that future of indoor growing is in leds.. Where and in what direction it will go I dont know, but i wanna find out.

Hey now!
Wow @pop22 thats a nice netfull you got there!!

I never kept a journal but I did do some pictures and sorta journaled them as we followed what the COBs were doing. It's here WWWillie and the COBs. You know I just made a nifty and cheap light out of the so called "driveless" COBs that are in essence a small aluminum pcb with the COB and a few small bits of electronics. These things run on line voltage, take your pick of 110 or 220vac. I think the trend might just go that way. They go up to 60 70 watts currently. If you think about the trend, separate LEDs, and then COBs as we know them, not to much of a stretch to incorporate the whole thing. Look at all those Edison style bulbs; COB on a wire with the electronics small enough to fit in the metal base that's no bigger than a standard incandescent bulb.
Here is a shot of my $4.00 special. 30 watts 3500k 80CRI

full

Caught up on your thread too, great grow! And got to love COBs!
Hey thanks!! Means a lot coming from you.

Yeah, you gotta love them. Even those Chinese jobs. Under two bucks a piece for crying out loud. If they grow a plant, at that price you can afford to replace them. The biggest thing in my mind to take from it though is if they are producing them at that price the top brands won't be that terribly costly either. Add to that the elimination of a separate driver really lowers cost.
Man do I love this stuff!!!

Back