4 day old seedling / lime green veins

So day 10,
the Runtz is still showing normal growth but discolored, the stem also feels weak; is this normal at this stage?
It won't fall over but she either leans slightly right or left.

Haze unfortunately hasn't shown much change since yesterday. She might be doomed from the damage done early.

The pots feel lighter so I'll water them again today, I must say I can feel the soil feels fresh, like I can notice the oxygen,
before when my issues started the soil never felt like this and some it felt very dry.

The light (TSW2000 300W) is now 70cm distance and I turned it up to 60%, I was thinking to raise 5% every week from this point and raise the distance as they veg, kwee
During veg 18~24'' above canopy and build up to 75%
During flowering 12~18'' above canopy and raise to 100% during the first week 5% a day
I'd love to hear your advice on this

Perhaps these plants won't make it that far but I'll start some new ones after the weekend,
can I use this soil again since it only been going for 10 days? I can mix it with a bag of new soil.

Attachments

• Runtz10.jpg
    Runtz10.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I wouldnt add it to a new seedling necessarily although some do... I would definitely (and do every time) add mycrorrhizae to the transplant hole or sprinkle directly onto an established seedlings roots during xplant before putting into a final pot.

What I did was mix it up in the whole pot, I read it was really good for root formation, it's also fairly expensive.
I'm certainly not confident to transplant so I'm gonna leave that off the table for now haha.

What I did was mix it up in the whole pot, I read it was really good for root formation, it's also fairly expensive.
I'm certainly not confident to transplant so I'm gonna leave that off the table for now haha.
What brand did you use and how much did you use per pot?

Day 11,

HB stopped growing a couple days ago, at this point she's twice as small as the other one,
you can see the tip of the leaves are burnt, when plants are stunted and dying off, does this happen?
Because I doubt it's a nutrient burn. She's doomed at this point I'll have to replace her.

Runtz is growing normally but those colors just come on new growth, not looking good,
I guess my 2nd try on growing is pretty much a failure.

To think this is probably because of bad watering the 1st couple days of the seedlings :(

Attachments

• HB11burn.jpg
    HB11burn.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • HB11.jpg
    HB11.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • Runtz11.jpg
    Runtz11.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
  • Runtz11t.jpg
    Runtz11t.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
I still don't think it's something you did or didn't do. I'm still leaning towards bad seeds. How were they stored? How long have you had them? What seed bank did they come from?

I still don't think it's something you did or didn't do. I'm still leaning towards bad seeds. How were they stored? How long have you had them? What seed bank did they come from?

I got them from Zamnesia and Royal Queen Seeds, they also had alot of positive reviews.
I have a couple more from them and some FastBudz.

They are stored in a box in the dark, they wer planted within the week after I got them.
I'm not sure how they store them but they are known brands so I would think they keep them in good conditions.

Remember my soil was very underwatered the first week of seedling, you don't think that would have caused the damage?
2 of the 3 plants got stunted pretty quickly and it felt like the growing plant her pot drained water at a faster pace, perhaps because it was the only plant drinking.
Maybe this one barely survived on the verge of stunting?

We tested the soil at 6.3PH 0.8EC, so soil sounds fine. I didn't feed any nutrients, and in theory the seedling can't get any deficiencies
It's either the water issue, or bad seeds, but 6 out 6 bad from those companies?

Runtz is growing normally but those colors just come on new growth, not looking good,
I guess my 2nd try on growing is pretty much a failure.

I agree that the coloring is off, but I also agree that she is growing well. Why not keep with her and see if she improves?

I agree that the coloring is off, but I also agree that she is growing well. Why not keep with her and see if she improves?
Yeah I'll keep that one because she is growing but the other one is far behind and got burnt tips so I'll have to replace her.
Gonna start 4 new seeds in the next couple days, maybe I should do a journal so I can get some advice on the road.

Yeah I'll keep that one because she is growing but the other one is far behind and got burnt tips so I'll have to replace her.
Gonna start 4 new seeds in the next couple days, maybe I should do a journal so I can get some advice on the road.
Yeah, I'm going to do that next time as well. I do have a spreadsheet where I'm documenting everything I do (light height, intensity, when I watered, what was in it and what PH, etc.) but next time I'll do a grow journal on here so I can get feedback as I go. Fortunately, mine are doing well at the moment (knock on wood). I'll keep you posted.
PXL_20210228_154303654.jpg

Back