@XxxAuto For your info: The word "banter" means "drilleri".

@Bailey TripleX may misunderstand English idioms. May I be permitted to post translations for him, from time to time, if I think he may misunderstand.

I have discussed the post privately with TripleX. Your vocabulary is ok, but your grammar stinks.

Never use Google translate. When I got this job, I rewrote the Latin text used by Holy Mother Church to announce the Habemus Papam to Habemus Contracum. To check the text, I dropped in translater. Reverendissimum Dominum, meand Reverend Mister, but was translated to Most awfull Mister Dr. Babnik.

Problem is Doc. You guys learn proper English, you then come on a site where people are using American English and British slang in the same conversation, it must be confusing even for somebody as fluent as you.

I told you, you are not hated, bro.

I am very sure that his community will not backbite, but will be straight and tell you in the face if you are an idiot.
Backbiting is as ugly as like eating the dead flesh of your sister or brother.

Let's dance! :frog:
Huh? I'll pass on the skin eating, unless it's really nice and crispy...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Problem is Doc. You guys learn proper English, you then come on a site where people are using American English and British slang in the same conversation, it must be confusing even for somebody as fluent as you.
I have no language problem. I just try to write proper British English and not mix with US English. Insist on colour, not color. Favour, not favor.
I wish I could get rid of my accent and speak nice, queens English, like Professor Timothy J. Winter. Just listen to his speach is amazing!

I'll just translate expressions for him, when I see somehting that may be misunderstood.

Got my textbooks today. I'm pumped and starting preparing my lectures to day.

Huh? I'll pass on the skin eating, unless it's really nice and crispy...

Duck skin, @witchyhour, duck skin. Crisp duck skin....
We had fried duck for supper last night.

Yeah! Let's all hide when he comes to the rooms! That'll do the job. (and maybe they'll stop hiding when I come in! [emoji16]

When you are comming, I run.

:muahaha:

I have no language problem. I just try to write proper British English and not mix with US English. Insist on colour, not color. Favour, not favor.
I wish I could get rid of my accent and speak nice, queens English, like Professor Timothy J. Winter. Just listen to his speach is amazing!

I'll just translate expressions for him, when I see somehting that may be misunderstood.

Got my textbooks today. I'm pumped and starting preparing my lectures to day.

Your English is exemplary, mate.

Back